Experience a 8 hours full-day sightseeing tour in Athens, Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth with Athens Tour Greece, visiting some of the most important sites in close proximity to Athens.
During our tour you will see:
Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, the Mars Hill, Ancient Agora, Plaka and the Roman Agora of Athens, Constitution Square, House of Parliament, Unknown Soldier, Corinth canal, Ancient Corinth, Lycabettus hill
During our tour you will visit:
Acropolis and Parthenon, Mars Hill, Temple of Zeus, the Ancient Agora, Plaka, Parliament, Unknown Soldier, Corinth canal, Ancient Corinth, Lycabettus hill
Highlights of the full day tour in Athens and Corinth
- A visit to the Acropolis and the Parthenon of Athens
- A visit to the picturesque quarter of Plaka
- Take impressive photos at the Corinth Canal
- The archaeological site of Ancient Corinth
- An experienced and skilled English speaking driver for a safe and comfortable tour
- Also available as a shore excursion from the port of Piraeus (Athens), or as a Christian tour
Description of the full day tour in Athens, Corinth Canal and Ancient Corinth
The full day tour in Athens and Corinth is an excellent chance to combine the beautiful landscape with major archaeological sites in Greece.
The tour starts early in the morning from Athens and aims at providing a thorough overview of the modern city and Ancient Athens.
The tour will take you to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the house of the Parliament located at the Syntagma Square. After a short stop to watch the change of the guards, you will drive down Panepistimiou Avenue and see the Neoclassic Trilogy (Academy, University and National Library) reaching the Omonoia Square, which is one of the main squares of Athens.
Later on, the full day tour will take you to the Temple of the Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch. The highlight of the tour in Athens is the visit to the Acropolis, which is the crowning monument of the city. Entering the site of the Acropolis, you will pass by the Gates known as Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Mars Hill, known as one of the main stops of St Paul and the Erechtheion with the Caryatides Maidens.
The tour will also drive you through the lovely and picturesque quarter of Athens, Plaka, and you will get to the Ancient Agora, where the most famous artists, scientists and philosophers like Solon, Socrates, and Plato used to spend their day. The Agora is also one of the preaching points of St Paul in Athens.
After seeing these sites, the tour will continue towards the Lycabettus Hill, where you can admire the view before heading to Corinth.
After a lunch with tasteful Greek flavors, the tour continues towards Corinth, driving by the coastal national road that will give you the chance to see some beautiful small seaside villages before reaching the Corinth Canal that connects the Ionian with the Aegean Sea.
Shortly afterwards, you will get to you will get to Corinth and the place where St Paul preached and wrote some of his famous letters.
Ancient Corinth was also a very important state city during the ancient years, the richest and most famous port of the ancient world, something evident even today from its remains.
Ancient Corinth includes important monuments, such as the Ancient Agora and the Temple of Apollo, that will give you an insight of how Corinth used to be.
The return to Athens will take place late in the afternoon, after almost 8 hours of a comfortable and safe tour in Athens and Corinth.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed