Enjoy a private full day tour to Corinth Mycenae and Nafplio
The private full-day tour to Ancient Corinth and Corinth Canal, Mycenae and the city of Nafplion is a fascinating trip to the Greek history and beauty with Athens Tours Greece .
The full day tour to Corinth, Mycenae and Nafplio is specifically designed for those visitors who wish to enjoy a relaxed day-trip and visit some of the most interesting and impressive archaeological sites in Greece. The destinations of this tour are simply the ones you cannot afford to skip when in Greece.
Itinerary of our tour to Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion
Athens – Corinth Canal – Ancient Corinth – Mycenae – Nafplion – Athens
The private full day tour departs early in the morning from Athens and lasts approximately 8-8,30 hours.
Highlights of this tour to Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion
- The impressive Corinth Canal
- The archaeological site of Ancient Corinth with its agora and museum
- The Arched Tombs of the Kings and the Lion’s Gate in the archaeological site of Mycenae
- The picturesque town of Nafplio
- The inviting landscape of the Peloponnese Peninsula
NOTE. If you would like to visit the theater of Epidaurus as well, then check our 10-hour private tour to Corinth, Epidaurus, Mycenae and Nafplion.
Description of our private tour to Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion
The tour starts from Athens early in the morning. We will be driving along the lovely and picturesque coastal road towards Corinth. The first highlight of our tour is the Isthmus of Corinth and Corinth Canal. We will have a short stop here for pictures and we will continue towards Ancient Corinth
In the archaeological site of Ancient Corinth, you will see the unearthed agora, shops of the ancient time and a variety of interesting structures of the antiquity. The Archaeological Museum of Corinth is also a must see, since it houses some astounding pieces from the ancient times, dating back to the 5th century AD, as well as some impressive artifacts and statues from the Roman times, such as the gorgeous Lucius statue.
Our next stop will be Mycenae, which is one of the definite highlights of this full day private tour.
Mycenae was the birthplace of the Mycenaean civilization and its archaeological site proves the importance and grandeur that this city state used to have in Ancient Greece.
The gigantic Lion’s Gate, the Cyclopean Walls and the impressive arched Royal Tombs will stay in your memory for a long time!
In Mycenae we will also enjoy our lunch in the countryside.
After lunch, the private tour will continue towards Nafplion, the lovely Venetian town of Argolis Prefecture that used to be the first capital city of modern Greece in the 19th century.
We will have the time to see the imposing fortress of Palamidi that stands above the town and enjoy a nice, leisurely walk in the streets of the town, where you can see the authentic old houses of the town, but also an impressive variety of local shops that sell all kinds of handmade objects and jewelry.
After visiting Nafplion the full day private tour ends, thus we will be returning back to Athens late in the afternoon.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed