Meticulous 10-h tour to Corinth, Epidaurus, Nafplio, Mycenae; Enjoy a private full-day tour to Ancient Corinth and Corinth Canal, Epidaurus Theater, Mycenae, and the city of Nafplion with Athens Tours Greece.
The full-day tour to Corinth, Epidaurus, Mycenae, and Nafplion is specifically designed for those visitors who wish to make the most of their day and visit some of the most important areas in the Peloponnese Peninsula, including some of the most interesting and impressive archaeological sites in Greece.
Itinerary of our tour to Corinth, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplion
Athens – Corinth Canal – Ancient Corinth – Epidaurus Theater – Mycenae – Nafplion – Athens
This is a private full-day tour that starts early in the morning in Athens and lasts approximately 10 hours. If you prefer a shorter tour, then check our 8,30-hour tour to Corinth, Mycenae, and Nafplion.
Highlights of the Meticulous 10-h tour to Corinth, Epidaurus, Nafplio, Mycenae
- The impressive Corinth Canal and the archaeological site of ancient Corinth
- The ancient theater of Epidaurus, which is one of the best-preserved ancient theaters in the world
- The Arched Tombs of the Kings in the archaeological site of Mycenae
- The picturesque Venetian town of Nafplion
- The amazing countryside with the lemon and orange trees in the Peloponnese peninsula
Description of our tour to Corinth, Epidaurus Theater, Mycenae, Nafplion
Our full-day private tour to Corinth, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplion starts early in the morning.
Our experienced driver will drive along the coastal road towards Corinth and will take you to Corinth Canal that connects the Aegean with the Ionian Sea.
You will enjoy a short stop for pictures and will continue towards the archaeological site of Ancient Corinth where you can visit the Temple of Apollo and the fortress of Acrocorinth that offers magnificent views of the plains and the sea.
If you are following the steps of St Paul, the tour to Corinth will be of great interest to you, since this is also the place where Apostle Paul lived for two years and preached the Christian word.
After Corinth, the private full-day tour will continue towards Epidaurus (or Epidavros in Greek), where you will have the chance to admire the famous theater of Epidaurus one of the most significant theatres in the world with impressive acoustics. This is the hub of the summer Greek festival, with theatrical plays and music concerts all summer long.
Later on, the private tour driver will take you to Mycenae, the capital of the ancient Mycenaean Civilization. You will have the chance to visit the Cyclopean walls of the city, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs of Agamemnon, and the entire archaeological site. We will have a short lunch here.
The best is yet to come. The tour will depart for Nafplion, the historical first capital of Greece, which is a lovely small town nestling at the foot of a hill crowned by the Fortress of Palamidi. You will stroll in its picturesque cobblestone streets and visit several local shops with great pieces of art and crafts. Later, the tour will take you slowly back to Athens.
We will return to Athens in time for dinner, where the full-day tour ends.
During wintertime, there will be slight changes in the itinerary due to the fact that the archaeological sites close at 3 pm while remaining open till 5-7 pm during summertime. Athens Tours Greece offer you the chance to create your own plan and customize it staying on the same route based on your preferences and requirements, making the most of your valuable time.
Also, the full-day tour is available for driving with a minibus or bus, for larger groups. In this case, the itinerary can also be customized and will be shorter (due to international driving safety regulations), again based on your specific needs and requirements. Your private guide is at your disposal at any time to discuss and plan your private full-day tour accordingly.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed