The Impressive 4-H Sunset tour to Sounion & Athens Riviera and the southern coast of Athens, will give you an overview of Athens’ alluring and romantic side and will offer you the chance to experience an emotional moment during your tour.
Itinerary of The Impressive 4 Hours Sunset tour to Sounion and Athens Riviera
Athens – Glyfada – Vouliagmeni – Varkiza, and Sounion
Highlights of The Impressive 4-H Sunset tour to Sounion & Athens Riviera
- An afternoon tour to coastal Athens and Sounion
- See Glyfada and Varkiza along the coast of Athens
- Admire the famous sunset from the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion
- Experienced English speaking driver
- Pickup and drop off from Athens hotel or cruise ship pier
Description of The Impressive 4 Hours Sunset tour to Sounion and Athens Riviera
Our 4 hours tour to Sounion starts in the afternoon ** (see time schedule below) from your hotel or cruise ship, and you will be driving along the long and impressive coastal road of Athens that passes by the well-known southern suburbs, including Glyfada, Voula, and Vouliagmeni, where the Athenians sunbathe and spend their summer days in the city.
The Lake of Vouliagmeni will be one of your stops; get ready to see a lake standing almost amidst the city and bathers all over it. The unique characteristic of the lake is the stable temperature of 22C, which allows swimming all year long and is suitable for people with health issues.
The tour will continue towards Varkiza and Lagonissi, via the coastal road that offers splendid views to the City and the Saronic Gulf. Soon you will be arriving at Cape Sounion for the highlight of this four-hour tour; the breathtaking view of the Sounion sunset in the blue waters of the Aegean Sea.
The impressive feature of Cape Sounion is the Temple of Poseidon which is built on a huge rock, crowning the seashore, in the most suitable location for the God of the Sea.
Standing on the Temple will give you panoramic views to the entire coast of Athens, and the wonderful Aegean, where you will see the colors of the dipping sun mirroring on the waters.
If you are there with your significant other, you will enjoy one of the most romantic moments of your life, as the sunset in Sounion is a once in a lifetime experience, inspiring poets and romantics from every corner of the world.
** Time schedule of our tour Sunset tour to Sounion
- Winter time: departure at 15:30, return at 19:30
- Summer time: departure at 17:30, return at 21:30
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed