A Revolutionary Best Of Athens Full Day Sightseeing Private Tour; The full-day private tour in Athens is a unique way to see one of the most interesting cities in the world that has been charming visitors for centuries. Travelers who have taken this tour were more than satisfied because it presents Athens as it is: a magical place to visit.
The full-day private tour in Athens includes a blend of historical and archaeological museums, sites, and artifacts that cover the entire history of the city. Book a tour by Athens Tours Greece today and get to see the Best of Athens!
Highlights of the Revolutionary 8-H Best Of Athens Full Day Private Tour
- An 8 hours private sightseeing tour in Athens
- Visit the trademark of the city of Athens, the Acropolis of Athens with its Parthenon
- Visit the New Museum of the Acropolis
- Visit the picturesque neighborhood of Plaka and enjoy lunch in a Greek restaurant
- Highly recommended for cruise passengers visiting Athens for a whole day or for several hours
- Professional English speaking tour driver
Itinerary of the Revolutionary Best Of Athens Full Day Private Tour 8-H
The full-day tour includes a visit to the following sites in Athens:
The Acropolis (Parthenon, Propilea, Erechthion, Temple of Athens Niki, the Odeon Theater, the Dionysus Theater, Mars Hill / Areopagus), Temple of Zeus, Panathenean Stadium (first modern Olympic Games in 1896), ex-Royal Palace, Change of the Guards Ceremonial, Greek Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Ancient Greek Agora, Roman Agora (Tower of the Winds), Hadrian Library, Plaka (the old city of Athens) with time for lunch and leisure, The Acropolis Museum or the National Archaeological Museum, Lycabettus Hill with its breathtaking panoramic view of the city, Sightseeing from inside the vehicle
Also, you will have a Panoramic tour from the car: Adrian’s Arch (Athens Gate), Syntagma Square (Constitution Square), National Garden, Catholic Cathedral, Academy of Arts, University of Athens, National Library, The Kapnikarea Byzantine church, Monastiraki (also known as the flee market), Theisio, Central Orthodox Church, Kolonaki, the prestige area of Athens
Description of The Best Of Athens Full Day Sightseeing Private Tour
The private tour starts early morning from your hotel or any other place convenient to you, for example, your cruise terminal.
Your driver will drive you towards Queen Amalia Avenue by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the House of the Parliament located at the famous Syntagma Square (Constitution Square). The Parliament house used to be the ex-Royal Palace.
Then the private tour continues towards the Panathenaic Stadium, which is also known as the Kallimarmaron Stadium, the site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896 in Athens.
The tour continues towards Panepistimiou Avenue where you can see the Catholic Cathedral of Athens and the Trilogy of Neoclassical Buildings of Athens.
The Academy of Athens, Athens University, and the National Library will definitely impress you with their aesthetics and architectural design.
At the end of Panepistimiou Avenue, you will see the Omonoia Square, which is the second-largest square of Athens after Syntagma.
The tour to Athens continues with a drive to the Temple of Zeus and the Hadrian’s Gate that blend the Ancient and Roman Era in Athens. The destination now is the crown of the city, the imposing Acropolis of Athens with its glorious Parthenon.
The Parthenon is the most characteristic example of classic architecture of the 5th century BC, constructed to house the immense statue of Goddess Athena, the protector Goddess of the city.
You will get to see the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, and the temple of the Erectheion that is mostly known due to the statues of the Caryatides, the Porch of Maidens.
You can enjoy the amazing vista of the entire city of Athens, along with the surrounding mountains and you will allow your sight to reach the shores of Athens and the famous port of Piraeus.
Once you descend from the Acropolis, you have the chance to visit the New Museum of the Acropolis that is built at the feet of the Sacred Rock and admire the marbles of the Parthenon and an impressive collection of artifacts and relics found on the Acropolis during the excavations.
Continue our private tour in Athens
Later on, the private tour will drive you through Plaka, the picturesque quarter of the city, where you can see lovely little shops with handmade crafts and gifts, the Ancient Agora of Athens where the philosophers and orators of Athens used to present their views and Roman agora.
The full-day tour to Athens will also give you the chance to get a glimpse of modern Athens as well, visiting the fish and meat market in downtown Athens and walking by the Monastiraki market, which is the famous flea market of the city.
However, a visit to Athens is never complete if you do not get to taste the famous Greek cuisine; the tour will take you to a traditional Athenian restaurant or tavern, where you can indulge in the colors and flavors of the most known Greek dishes (home-cooked food).
Finally, you will enjoy the breathtaking views from Lycabettus Hill, which is the highest hill in the city of Athens, to take some spectacular pictures and an image of the entire city in your hearts and minds.
After finishing the private tour in Athens, your driver will drop you at your hotel, your cruise terminal, or any other place you want in Athens, Greece.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed