This Athens semi walking tour gives you the chance to visit the important memorials of Athens including the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum to dive deeper into its worldly significance where marble masterpieces tell a story on their own. The Athens Semi Walking City Tour with the Acropolis & Acropolis Museum will offer you an insight to the ancient and modern side of Athens in a small group and an expert local tour guide. Athens is a historical city as known the birth place of the western civilization, but has a bustling modern part as well.
√ Year-round Daily service.
√ Dep. 09.30 approx from Syntagma Metro Station.
√ The tour ends approx 03.00 PM. at the Acropolis.
Itinerary of the Athens walking city tour with the Acropolis
Syntagma Square – Center of Athens – temple of Zeus – the Acropolis – Acropolis museum
Highlights of the Athens walking city tour with the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum
- The Acropolis with its world wide famous monuments
- Visit Parthenon, Erechtheon, Propylaea, the temple of Athens Niki
- Temple of Zeus, Dionysus Theater and Sanctuary
- The change of guards at Syntagma Square
- Visit the marble masterpieces on display at the magnificent Acropolis Museum
- The coffee shops and restaurants in downtown Athens
Description of the Athens shared walking city tour with the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum
The Athens walking city tour with the Acropolis will start from Syntagma Square (Constitution Square) at approx 09:45 where you will see front of the Greek Parliament the change of the guards and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Then start a real pleasant walk through the national garden (ex royal garden) and the Zapeion hall, the temple of Zeus, and Hadrian’s arch.
Continue from there to the Plaka heading to the Acropolis. Visit with your guide the Glory of ancient Athens, The Parthenon, the Propylea, the temple of Athens niki, the Erechthion witch reached its maximum expand in the 5th century BC called the golden age of Pericles or the golden age of Athens.
In the surrounding of the Athens Agora see the Observations, the Hill of Democracy (Pnyx), the Mars hill, the Philopapou hill, the Odeon, and the ancient theater of Dionysus.
At the end of the Athens walking city tour with the Acropolis do not miss to visit on your own the Acropolis museum.
The Athens walking city tour is a shared walking tour following your guide, and allowing you to see the city at the best way.
Skip-the-Line Access: The Acropolis
Entrance tickets fee are not included in the tour price and the ticket costs will be owed to the tour guide before the tour begins. We save you time by buying entrance tickets in advance so you can skip the lines. This service is provided at no extra cost. Note that children under 18 years old have free admission to the Acropolis and all the archaeological sites.
NOTE: After the first part of the tour ends on the Acropolis at approximately 13:00 (1:00 pm), you may take more photos before meeting for the Acropolis Museum Tour. During this time, you may get a snack or a drink before the guided tour starts at the museum at approximately 13:45 (1:45 pm).
Top Museum of the World: Acropolis Museum
Designed by renowned Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi and notable Greek architect Michalis Photiadis, the Acropolis Museum captivates guests on approach. Its seamless modern lines elegantly incorporate artifacts exclusively from the Acropolis, and excavations are also visible under glass floors and walkways. The marbled surviving treasures are impressively displayed with the use of natural light, situated on a modernist open layout. Panoramic views top the experience.
The tour ends at the Acropolis Museum at approximately 15:00 (3:00 pm).
Our staff, holding an orange Athens Walking Tours sign, will be waiting for you inside the Syntagma Metro Station, at the big hall underneath the hanging clock, next to the ticket validating machines. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to given tour departure time.
Entrance fees not included
Our Free Skip-the-Line Service
The entrance tickets are not included in the tours fee because there are various rates depending on participants (students, children etc.), on the season (high, low) and there is free entrance on some specific dates throughout the year.
However, we provide you with a skip-the line-service at no extra cost. We buy the tickets in advance so you skip the lines and have immediate access to the sights listed on the tour.
Please make sure you have enough cash (Euros) with you to purchase the tickets from us at the beginning of your tour. Check below the rates applying to your party:
→ From April 1 to October 31
- 31 € for the adults, covering all the sites that will be visited
- 16 € for students from non-EU countries (with current student ID)
- 3 € for young persons under 18 years old from non-EU countries free entrance for guests under 18 years and students from EU countries (with current student ID).
- 18 € for the adults, covering all the sites that will be visited Free for young persons under 18 years old from EU countries and students from EU countries (with current student ID)
- 16 € for students from non-EU countries (with current student ID)
- 3 € for young persons under 18 years old from non-EU countries
- free entrance for guests under 18 years and students from EU countries (with current student ID).
Prices of the entrance tickets are subject to changes without prior notice. For more details, please check our entrance fees and tickets page.
Discounts and Offers
If you book a second tour with us, you are eligible for a 5% discount. Use the code SNDT.
Discount code for families and groups (FMD): 5% discount to families/groups with 4 or more paying members.
Discount code for groups of more than 4 participants with second tour (SNDT+4): 10% discount to families or groups (4 or more paying members) booking more than one tours.
- Shore Excursion
- Walking tour
- Pickup from your cruise terminal. Our tour guide or driver will be for you at the cruise arrivals terminal holding a sign with your name on. After you meet we will escort you to our air conditioned van for your for your 15 minutes transfer to Athens. She / He will be at the designated meeting point at 08:45
- Drop off point in Athens Our van will drop you off at the entrance of the hotel Amalia in front of the Parliament building. Your driver will help you to find your guide. The Athens walking tour starts at 9.30 am. (On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 10:30.
- Drop off back to your cruise ship pier Our van and driver will be at 15:45 at the beginning of the pedestrian Walk Way of Dionyssiou Areopagitou in front of Melina's statue across from Hadrian’s Arch. If for any reason you miss the transfer back to your cruise ship terminal, you will have to return to Piraeus port with your own means.
- Important: Please be at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to departure time because our van / bus will will just stop for a moment to pick up passengers and will depart immediately for Piraeus
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed English speaking tour guide
- Duration 3 hours approx
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
→ 59 € for the adults, covering all the sites that will be visited
→ 59 € Youth (06 – 24)
→ Free Admission: Infants (0-5 years)
→ Note: Entrance fee for the Acropolis is not included.
→ Transfer: For a transfer from/to your cruise ship book here.