8 days / 7 nights Athens, Corinth, ancient Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion, Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora
Enjoy Athens with its many wonders through the ages, the 3 islands of the Saronic Gulf, Peloponnese with its beautiful landscape, history, and myths.
Highlights of Legendary Sparta; 8-D Vacation Package In Magnificent Greece
- 8-days splendid Greece
- Visit Athens birthplace of western civilization
- Visit the 3 island Hydra, Poros, Aegina
- The most sacred place of antiquity, Delphi
- The unique Meteora with its byzantine monasteries
Description of the ‘Sparta’ Vacation Package
Day 1st: Athens
Arrive in Athens and transfer to your hotel, Accommodation, and half-day Athens city tour.
This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Our expert driver/guides take you to see the center of the CONSTITUTION SQUARE (Syntagma), the HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT, the MEMORIAL to the UNKNOWN SOLDIER, and the NATIONAL LIBRARY.
Driving down Herod Atticus street, you will see the Evzones in their picturesque uniform and the PRESIDENTIAL PALACE.
On your way to the Acropolis, you will see the Hadrian’s Arch, visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and you will make a short stop at the PANATHENAIC STADIUM (where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896).
On the ACROPOLIS visit the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the PROPYLAEA, the TEMPLE of ATHENA NIKE, the ERECHTHEION and finally, “the harmony between material and spirit”, the monument that “puts the order in the mind”, the PARTHENON.
Day 2nd: Corinth, ancient Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion, Epidaurus
Morning departure from your hotel and the first stop for a coffee break at the Canal of Corinth. The tour will continue to Mycenae for visiting the famous Palace, the Lions Gate, and the Tomb of King Agamemnon. Our next stop will be at Epidaurus for visiting the Ancient Theater. Passing by the Bay of Nafplion, we will picturesque town of Nafplion. Overnight in Nafplion.
DAY 3rd: Nafplion, Sparta, Mystras, Olympia
Driving through the Central Peloponnese, Arcadia, we will reach Sparta. Visit Sparta and feel Leonidas and the lows of Sparta how have inspired Nations and countries to their way of living. We will visit Mystras with its many Byzantine churches. Depart to Olympia through the towns of Tripoli and Megalopolis arrive in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games. Dinner and overnight in Olympia.
Day 4th: Olympia, Delphi
In Olympia, you will have the opportunity to visit the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus and the museum as well as the archaeological site of ancient Olympia.
Departure for Delphi through Patras, the capital of the Peloponnese. Crossing the new famous bridge from Rio to Antirion and passing by Nafpaktos (Lepanto), make a stop at the seaside areas of either Galaxidi or Itea. Arrive in Delphi. Dinner and overnight in Delphi.
Day 5th: Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora
In the morning we will visit the museum of Delphi with the famous bronze Charioteer, the statue of Antinoos, and the athlete Aghias, and we will depart for Thermopylae to visit the monument of one of the most important moments of the world’s history. After our visit to Thermopylae, we will travel to Kalambaka driving through the city of Lamia and passing by numerous picturesque villages and small towns of Central Greece.
Overnight in Kalambaka.
Day 6th: Kalambaka, Meteora, Athens
Visit the well-known Meteora with its Byzantine Monasteries constructed on top of huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air. In the afternoon return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae (visit the Leonidas’s Monument), and Kammena Vourla. Arrive in Athens late in the afternoon. Accommodation in the hotel. Free night.
Day 7th: One day cruise to Hydra, Poros, Aegina
Pick-up from your hotel early in the morning, transfer to the port to take the tour one day cruise. Return around 19 hrs.
The biggest island of the Saronic Gulf inhabited as from the 2nd mil. B.C. with two important archaeological sites, a large cathedral dedicated to St. Nectarios the last canonized Saint of the Greek Orthodox Church, a wonderful fish market, a unique fruit floating market, and an economy based on pistachio nuts.
Why don’t you join the optional shore excursion and learn about the history of this fascinating island? This guided bus tour takes us to the early fifth century B.C. Doric Temple of Afaia, built on the top of the hill offering a magnificent view. Then proceed to the grandiose cathedral of St. Nectarios where his relics are kept. Free time to wander around the little harbor at the south-west part of the island for an “ouzo” Snacks – Events – Surprises!
The smallest of the three islands, covered with pine and lemon trees, situated very close to the Peloponnesian peninsula. Enjoy a beautiful walk up to the clock tower and admire the panorama.
The “smartest” of the Greek islands, the favorite resort of the international Jet-Set, the unique architecture of its houses, the pedestrian, narrow streets full of boutiques, exclusive jewelry, and handicrafts, attracts both shoppers and photographers. The crystal clear waters will refresh the swimmer.
Overnight in Athens.
Day 8th: Transfer out
At the according time pick-up from your hotel and transfer to the airport
- 3nights hotel accommodation in Athens
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Nafplion
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Olympia
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Delphi
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Meteora
- All transfers as mentioned
- Daily breakfast
- All taxes
- Vacation / Holiday package
- Sightseeing sailing (for packages include islands)
- All ferry tickets are calculated on economy class, without cabin.
- Hotels, pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Round trip transfers (Port – Hotel –Port) on each Island are included (Shared).
- An English speaking tour drive, with good knowledge of the Greek history and culture (for private tours)
- Road tolls, All taxes, and handling charges
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum €150,00). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary.
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at “Terms-Conditions”.
- Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in your country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Departure Time: Departure as per our program
- Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
- The order of visiting the islands can be changed according to the traffic and weather conditions.
- All boat schedules given in regards with Greek island packages can be adjusted according to clients wishes, while all mentioned times serve mainly as a reference to the most convenient boat schedule.
- Accommodation on the islands is based according to availability .
- Any part of the trips operated by ferry can be substituted by air sectors at an extra cost, according to availability.
- Packages description for the economy of time and space, includes only the services offered and occasionally a few suggestions.
- Specific information about every suggested destination can be found separately.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Please fill in your inquiry, and one of the travel experts will contact you latest within 48 hours. If you do not receive our proposal in 48 hours please check in your spam folder, and resend your request.