The half-day shared bus tour in Athens with the Acropolis Museum is a coach tour that gives you the chance to explore the city of Athens and admire Acropolis and its museum.
What you will see during the half day bus tour in Athens and Acropolis
Panathenaic Stadium, Temple of Zeus, Hadrian’s Arch, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Academy, University, National Library, Constitution Square, Acropolis, New Acropolis Museum
Highlights of the half-day bus tour in Athens and Acropolis
- The new Acropolis Museum
- The sacred hill of Acropolis with Parthenon
- A city tour in Athens that combines modern and ancient parts of the city
- A comfortable air-conditioned bus, including entrance fees, and a tour guide
Description of this bus tour in Athens
The half-day bus tour will start from the Panathenaic stadium of Athens, where the first modern Olympics took place.
You will stop there shortly for a few pictures and then continue towards the heart of the city, where you will see the Residence of the President of the Democracy (ex Royal house), guarded by the Euzones.
You will soon reach Syntagma Square, passing by the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch.
At Syntagma you will see the House of the Parliament and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
You will head towards Panepistimiou Avenue where you can see the Academy of Athens, the University of Athens, and the National Library, which are modern buildings of the 19th and 20th century, perfect examples of the neo-classic architecture Of Athens.
You will then visit the Acropolis, which is the crown of the city. It is the most important archaeological site in Greece and definitely the trademark of the city. Entering the site you will pass by the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erectheion, and the Parthenon of Athens, which is the imposing temple on the Sacred Rock.
No visit to the Acropolis would be complete without a visit to the New Acropolis Museum, the newly built museum of Athens that houses all the statues and artefacts of the Acropolis. This is a tour you will love, because it is an affordable and convenient way to see the best of Athens in a shared half-day bus tour.
Note 1) Due to certain restrictions in the visiting hours of the new Acropolis museum the order of the program can be changed.
Note 2) Clients staying at the coast will be transferred back to their hotels with the but of the Cape Sounion tour.
N.B. 1) Due to certain restrictions in the visiting hours of the new Acropolis museum the order of the program can be changed.
N.B. 2) Clients staying at the coast will be transferred back to their hotels with the Cape Sounion Tour bus.
According to the new law a CITY TAX for the hotel overnights is effective from January 1st 2018 and it is NOT included in our excursion rates. Clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels. The amount per overnight per room is: 5* hotel=4€ | 4* hotel=3€ | 3* hotel=1,50€.
From November 1st 2019 all children from the age of 6 (six) who are coming from non E.U. countries will have to pay the full rate of the entrance fee for the Museums and the Archaeological sites. For children coming from E.U. countries status, rates remain the same but It is very important to have their passport with in order to prove their nationality.
- Organized Shared Bus Tour
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed by the state bilingual tour Guide
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites and museums
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up from most of hotels in Athens
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, & Dinner), for multiple day tours only
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Terms & Conditions & FAQ>
- Hotels used during multiple - day shared bus tours
- Pick up hotel list in Athens for shared bus tours
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. In case of limited participation, your tour will be diverted to one of our partners and vise versa.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Daily Service from April to October & November to March
- Dep. 08.45 – Ret. 13.30
Price: April to October: 83,00€ per adult, EU child 42,00€, Non EU Child 70€ from age 6 (Six)
Price: November to March: 68,00€ per adult, child 34,00€, Non EU Child 70€ from age 6 (Six)