Shopping & Lifestyle 3-h private walking tour in Athens; The Athens shopping & lifestyle walking private tour will give you an insight into the modern side of Athens, which might be a historical city, but has a bustling modern part as well.
Itinerary of the Athens shopping & lifestyle private walking tour
Syntagma Square – Center of Athens – Kolonaki – Lycabettus Hill
Highlights of the Shopping and Lifestyle 3-h private walking tour in Athens
- The change of guards at Syntagma Square
- The famous branded retail shops in Kolonaki
- The views from Lycabettus Hill
- The coffee shops and restaurants in downtown Athens
Description of the Shopping and Lifestyle 3-h private walking tour in Athens
The Athens shopping & lifestyle walking private tour will start from Syntagma Square (Constitution Square) where you will see the change of the guards in front of the Greek Parliament and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
You will then walk to one of the most interesting and elegant shopping districts of Athens, Kolonaki, where you will be able to see some of the most known designer brand names in the world, and numerous famous or prominent Athenians walking by.
Kolonaki is the area where the heart of modern Athens beats, since the shops blend with numerous stylish small coffee shops and bars, but also several galleries and small museums where you can enjoy modern and classic art. Here you can also taste some traditional Greek flavors, presented in a more contemporary way.
The Athens shopping & lifestyle walking private tour will continue towards Lycabettus Hill, the highest hill of Athens that overshadows the city.
Bring your camera along, because Lycabettus offers breathtaking views of the entire city, from its northern hills to Piraeus, the famous port of the city. Especially if you are taking the evening walking tour in Athens, the thousands of small lights of the city will dazzle you. The views from Lycabettus are truly stunning.
The Athens shopping & lifestyle walking private tour can be excellently combined with the history tour because it will provide you a full idea of how the city lives and breathes. Your English-speaking guide will give you any information you need and will also ensure that you make the most out of your time in Athens.
The Athens shopping & lifestyle walking tour is a flexible private tour, which can be customized based on your specific needs and requirements, allowing you to see the city at your own pace.
- Shore Excursion
- Walking tour
- Pickup from your cruise terminal. Our tour guide or driver will be for you at the cruise arrivals terminal holding a sign with your name on. After you meet we will escort you to our air conditioned van for your for your 15 minutes transfer to Athens. She / He will be at the designated meeting point at 08:45
- Drop off point in Athens Our van will drop you off at the entrance of the hotel Amalia in front of the Parliament building. Your driver will help you to find your guide. The Athens walking tour starts at 9.30 am. (On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 10:30.
- Drop off back to your cruise ship pier Our van and driver will be at 15:45 at the beginning of the pedestrian Walk Way of Dionyssiou Areopagitou in front of Melina's statue across from Hadrian’s Arch. If for any reason you miss the transfer back to your cruise ship terminal, you will have to return to Piraeus port with your own means.
- Important: Please be at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to departure time because our van / bus will will just stop for a moment to pick up passengers and will depart immediately for Piraeus
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed English speaking tour guide
- Duration 3 hours approx
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Departures: All year round
Meeting point: At the base of the Acropolis, exactly in front of “Dionysos Restaurant, Robertou Galli 43, Athens 117 43″
Endpoint: Drop off at the same point.
Duration: 3 hours
Starting time: at 09:00 (is proposed)
N.B. Entrance fee for the Acropolis is not included.