The Athens by night with folklore show and dinner is a shared bus tour specifically designed for those who wish to experience Athens by night and have an idea of how Greeks spend their days and evenings in their city.
What you will see during this shared bus tour in the nights of Athens
Athens city center, the Acropolis, the Museum of Musical Instruments of Athens, Plaka
Highlights of the Athens by night with folklore show and dinner
- The city tour in the evening with the city lights all lit
- Athens by night
- Plaka and its lovely side streets
- Dinner in a Greek tavern in Plaka with a folklore dance show
Description of the Athens by night with folklore show and dinner in Plaka
Athens Tours Greece gives you the chance to experience Athens in a unique way with this Athens by night with folklore show and dinner shared coach tour.
Athens is one of the most vibrant and bustling cities in the evening giving its visitors the chance to see another part of its life and value.
The tour will start around 8pm, and will take you to the city center where you can see the all lit downtown Athens, from the high deck air-conditioned coach that provides you with an experience you cannot have otherwise.
You will see the slopes of the Sacred Rock of the Acropolis, with the Parthenon illuminated; this is a truly fascinating spectacle you should not miss.
You will also see the city lights and the Athenians going out for their evening walk or dinner.
Continuing the Athens-by-night tour, you will get to the Museum of Musical Instruments, where you can see some of the most ancient instruments in the world. It is a very intriguing museum because it brings ancient sounds and melodies back to life. The collection of the music instruments is impressive.
The tour will continue in Plaka, where you will enjoy a walking tour through the narrow cobblestone streets of Plaka, the old and charming quarter of Athens that will bring you to the Greek tavern where you will enjoy Greek food and Greek music.
The dinner is followed by a typical Greek show with live music and folk dances in traditional costumes; this is an absolute must see when you are in Athens, if you want to feel like a true Greek and have an authentic Greek experience in Athens.
According to the new law a CITY TAX for the hotel overnights is effective from January 1st 2018 and it is NOT included in our excursion rates. Clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels. The amount per overnight per room is: 5* hotel=4€ | 4* hotel=3€ | 3* hotel=1,50€.
From November 1st 2019 all children from the age of 6 (six) who are coming from non E.U. countries will have to pay the full rate of the entrance fee for the Museums and the Archaeological sites. For children coming from E.U. countries status, rates remain the same but It is very important to have their passport with in order to prove their nationality.
- Organized Shared Bus Tour
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed by the state bilingual tour Guide
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites and museums
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up from most of hotels in Athens
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, & Dinner), for multiple day tours only
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Terms & Conditions & FAQ>
- Hotels used during multiple - day shared bus tours
- Pick up hotel list in Athens for shared bus tours
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. In case of limited participation, your tour will be diverted to one of our partners and vise versa.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
April to October every Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday and Saturday
November to March every —
- Dep. 20.15 – Ret. Midnight
- 68,00 € per adult (drinks not included)
- 35,00€ per child (drinks not included)