Heavenly Christian 4-h Athens tour in the footsteps of Paul; The half-day Christian tour in Athens is an excellent opportunity to see the most important parts of the city making the most out of your visit to Athens, even if you are coming to the city just for a few hours. It is a combination of Ancient Greek and Christian points of interest, specifically designed for those who are interested in all parts of Athens.
What you will see during the half-day Christian tour in Athens
The Acropolis, the Parthenon and Erechtheion, Mars Hill(Areopagus), the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Parliament House, Presidential Palace, Panathenaic Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Academy, the University and the National Library, the area of Monastiraki, Plaka, the ancient agora (St. Paul’s meeting place), the Roman agora and Lycabettus Hill
Highlights of the Heavenly Christian 4-h Athens tour in the footsteps of St. Paul
- Mars Hill and Ancient Agora, where St Paul preached in Athens
- The Acropolis of Athens and other important sites of Athens
- Private tour with a professional English-speaking driver
Description of the half-day Christian tour in Athens
Athens Tours Greece will take you on a half-day Christian tour in Athens, starting early in the morning. Athens is the cradle of Western Civilization and this city tour will most definitely prove it to you.
The half-day tour starts from the most important site of Athens, and one of the most important sites in the world: The Acropolis of Athens.
The Acropolis is the highlight of the city with the Parthenon being the most recognizable part of the city, and one of the trademarks of the ancient culture of Athens.
After the visit to the Acropolis, the half-day tour will continue taking you to the Mars Hill (Areopagus) (Acts 17:22) where Apostle Paul preached the word of the Christian God that was the new religion at the time.
The private half-day tour will continue taking you to a city tour around the important sites of Athens, such as the tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Parliament House, Presidential Palace, Panathenaic Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Academy, the University, and the National Library.
You will also visit the picturesque quarter of Monastiraki and Plaka, where you can see the Ancient Agora of Athens, which was one of the major St Paul meeting points. Here, St Paul spent a great part of his stay in Athens, trying to inform the Athenians on Christianity and give an alternative to the established religion of paganism.
You will also spend a little time wandering around the little shops in the area, before heading to the hill of Lycabettus that offers breathtaking views of the city of Athens and to the main port of the city, Piraeus, where St Paul disembarked when coming to Athens.
The private half-day Christian tour will end on time for your lunch in Athens or your cruise ship.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed