Discover the divine Christian 4½-hour tour through the heart of Athens, following in the footsteps of Paul. Immerse yourself in this half-day journey, tailored to enhance your experience in Athens, whether you have a limited time in the city or simply want to make the most of your visit. Delve into the captivating blend of Ancient Greek and Christian sights, crafted for those with a passion for all facets of Athens.
Embark on a riveting half-day Christian tour in Athens and behold all that awaits you!
The Acropolis, the Parthenon and Erechtheion, Mars Hill(Areopagus), the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Parliament House, Presidential Palace, Panathenaic Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Academy, the University and the National Library, the area of Monastiraki, Plaka, the ancient agora (St. Paul’s meeting place), the Roman agora and Lycabettus Hill
Highlights of the Heavenly Christian 4½-h Athens tour in the footsteps of St. Paul
- Mars Hill and Ancient Agora, where St Paul preached in Athens
- The Acropolis of Athens and other important sites of Athens
- Private tour with a professional English-speaking driver
Description of the half-day Christian tour in Athens
Get ready to be enchanted by the wonders of Athens on a half-day Christian tour hosted by Athens Tours Greece. With an early morning start, you’ll have plenty of time to explore this legendary cradle of Western civilization. Brace yourself for an unforgettable journey as we kick off the tour at the Acropolis of Athens., one of the most renowned landmarks in the world. As the shining jewel of Athens, the Parthenon will captivate you with its ancient allure and stand as a testament to the city’s rich cultural heritage.
After exploring the Acropolis, the captivating half-day tour will guide you to Mars Hill (Areopagus) (Acts 17:22). Here, the Apostle Paul delivered a powerful sermon about the Christian God, which was a revolutionary new religion during that time. The private half-day tour will then treat you to a comprehensive city tour, visiting notable landmarks in Athens, including the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Parliament House, Presidential Palace, Panathenaic Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Academy, University, and National Library.
As you explore Athens, be sure to visit the enchanting Monastiraki and Plaka neighborhoods. These charming areas are home to the Ancient Agora of Athens, a significant meeting place for St Paul. During his time here, St Paul dedicated much of his efforts to spreading the message of Christianity and offering an alternative to the dominant pagan religion.
During this private half-day Christian tour in Athens, you’ll have the opportunity to explore charming local shops before making your way to Lycabettus Hill. From this vantage point, you’ll be treated to stunning panoramic views of the city and Piraeus, the main port where St. Paul first arrived when visiting Athens. After the tour, you’ll have plenty of time for a delicious lunch in Athens or to return to your cruise ship.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed