A Fascinating 4-H Embark / Disembark Tour In Athens With Transfers is a half-day private tour in Athens with a visit to the Acropolis. It is a classic tour, designed mainly for those visitors embarking or disembarking from a cruise ship at the port of Piraeus, without excluding anyone else!
It is a private tour, which means that everything is planned to suit your needs and accommodate you in the most relaxing and comfortable way:
- If you are embarking on your cruise ship, then we will pick you up from Athens airport and drop you off at Piraeus Port at the end of the tour
- If you are disembarking from your cruise ship, we will pick you up from Piraeus Port and will drop you off at the Athens International Airport or Athens hotel at the end of the tour
- If you’re just visiting Athens for a few hours on a cruise ship, then we will pick you up from your cruise ship pier, tour Athens and we’ll drop you off back again at the cruise ship pier at the end of the tour.
Itinerary of our private embark/disembark tour:
During the tour you will see:
Athens Airport or Piraeus Port – The Acropolis – the Parthenon – Erechthion – Temple of Athens Niki – Plaka – Ancient Agora – Roman Agora – Hadrian’s library – Monastiraki – Temple of Vulcan – Temple of Zeus – Hadrian’s Arch – the Parliament – a monument of the Unknown Soldier – Panathenian Stadium – ex-Royal House – Kolonaki – Lycabettus Hill – Piraeus Port or Athens Airport
During the tour you will visit:
Athens Airport or Piraeus Port – The Acropolis – the Parthenon – Erechthion – Temple of Athens Niki – Plaka –Temple of Zeus – Hadrian’s Arch – the Parliament – a monument of the Unknown Soldier – Panathenian Stadium – ex-Royal House – Kolonaki – Lycabettus Hill
Highlights of A Fascinating 4-H Embark / Disembark Tour In Athens With Transfers
- It is a 4-hour sightseeing private tour of Athens
- Specially designed for visitors embarking or disembarking from their cruise ship at Piraeus Port
- Transfer from/to the airport of Athens (El. Venizelos International Airport)
- Transfer from/to Piraeus port (Cruise port)
- It blends harmoniously the best of modern and ancient Athens (Acropolis, Plaka, Monastiraki, Lycabettus Hill)
- English-speaking experienced tour driver
Description of the tour
The tour starts upon your arrival at the Athens International Airport or your disembarkation at the port of Piraeus. You can join either a 4, 10, or 17 seaters private vehicle, depending on the size of your group. After a short drive through the picturesque quarters of the town, we will be reaching the city center.
The tour basically starts from the Acropolis, which is by default the highlight of the city. It is considered an architectural masterpiece of the 5th century BC and one of the most important sites in the world.
During the visit to the Acropolis, you can see the Propylaea, the Erectheum, the Temple of Athena Nike (Victory), and the Parthenon which will definitely awe you. The Temples of the Acropolis are dedicated to Goddess Athena who is also the Patron Goddess of the city, and of course, Zeus, who was the father of all Gods.
Continue our Athens private tour
After the Acropolis, the tour will continue toward the Temple of Zeus, which is one of the most imposing temples in Greece; it is also the largest temple of the Corinthian style that stands. Almost at the front of the Temple stands the Hadrian’s Arch, which was dedicated by the Athenians to the Roman Emperor Hadrian, separating the old city from the modern.
The half-day tour to Athens continues with a visit to the famous buildings of the Parliament Building, the Ex-Royal Palace, the National Library, the Academy, and the University of Athens.
You will also have the chance to visit the Temple of Hephaistus in the ancient agora, and the Ancient Agora at the heart of the Athens flea market in Monastiraki.
Along the way, you will also see the Panathenaic Stadium, which hosted the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Today, special events are still held there.
The driver will then bring you to the more modern part of the city, towards Kolonaki and the hill of Lycabettus, which is the higher hill in Athens and offers splendid views of the entire city.
After the end of the tour in Athens, we will take you to your cruise ship at the Port of Piraeus or to the Athens Airport to catch your flight back home.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed