Discover the magnificent sights of Pozar Baths, Aridaia, Edessa, Naoussa, and Vergina all in one incredible 4-D tour. Prepare to be amazed by the enchanting wonders that await you. Over the course of our 4-day journey, we’ll witness the breathtaking wonders of nature and embark on exciting expeditions to significant cities and regions teeming with natural wonders and storied pasts. And in the afternoons, we’ll unwind and recharge in the soothing hot springs of Pozar.
From the majestic formations of stone and water to the serene atmosphere perfect for unwinding. Our adventure will take us to the stunning green gorge where the intoxicating thermal waters of Pozar bath await. We’ll also explore the charming town of Veria, nestled among the verdant slopes of Mount Vermio and surrounded by a lush forest of firs, chestnuts, and beeches.
Along the way, we’ll be awestruck by the majestic views of the Pieria Mountains and the Aliakmonas River, as well as the historic Heroic City of Naoussa. To truly recharge, we’ll take some time to relax and reflect in the peaceful grove of Agios Nikolaos. And no trip is complete without marveling at the breathtaking waterfalls of Edessa and the enchanting winter oasis of Agios Athanasios in Kaimaktsalan. Get ready for!
Itinerary of the Wonders Of Loutra Pozar – Aridaia – Edessa – Naoussa – Vergina In 4-D Tour
Experience the mesmerizing travel destinations of Loutra Pozar, Loutraki Aridaia, Vergina, Naoussa, Edessa, Veria, and Paleos Panteleimon.
Highlights of the the Wonders Of Loutra Pozar – Aridaia – Edessa – Naoussa – Vergina In 4-D Tour
- Experience the beauty of all four seasons in Loutraki Aritaias and the Pozar thermal baths
- Naousa a gastronomic delights, and an enchanting natural landscape, not to mention its renowned wines
- Edessa the stunning waterfall park, followed by a visit to Varosi
- An experienced, English-speaking tour driver who will drive you safely during your private 4-day tour
- Step back in time and explore the captivating Archaeological Site of Aigai, known today as Vergina.
Detailed excursion program
DAY 1: ATHENS – LOUTRAKI ARIDAIAS (Pellas)
Our journey begins in the morning from Athens, followed by leisurely stops for a cup of coffee or a bite to eat. Our next destination is the Loutra POZAR (Pozar Baths). Once we arrive, we’ll check into our cozy hotel and you’ll have the chance to take a relaxing dip in the thermal baths if you so choose.
Escape to the Loutraki Pozar thermal baths in the charming village of Loutraki Aridaia, nestled in the northern region of Greece. Whether you’re in search of a winter haven or a summer getaway, these rejuvenating hot springs provide the ideal setting to recharge your body and soothe away all the pent-up stress. Let nature work its healing magic on you, as you bask in the unique atmosphere of this special destination.
Loutra Pozar boasts a stunning thermal springs complex, complete with an Olympic-sized outdoor pool, two inviting waterfall pools warmed to a comfortable 37 °C (98.6 °F), luxurious private baths, rejuvenating hammams, and four state-of-the-art hydrotherapy pools. With added amenities like soothing massages and indulgent spa treatments, as well as relaxing jacuzzis, Loutra Pozar is the ultimate destination for a fulfilling and invigorating experience in Greece.
After that, the evening is yours to enjoy. Sweet dreams await you at nightfall.
DAY 2: LOUTRAKI ARIDAIA – VEROIA – NAOUSSA (AGIOS NIKOLAOS) – LOUTRAKI ARIDAIA
Let’s kick off our adventures and delve into the wonders of Pozar thermal baths. After fueling up with breakfast, our first destination will be Veria. Here, we’ll have thechance to grab a cup of coffee and snap some photos in the picturesque olive square. Our next stop will take us to the steps of apostole Paul before we make our way to the charming town of Naoussa. In Naoussa, we’ll have the opportunity to stroll through the magnificent Ag. Nikolaou forest, home to ancient plane trees. For those feeling hungry, we’ll make a stop for some delicious optional food. As we continue our journey, we’ll experience unparalleled serenity and rejuvenation, thanks to the healing powers of Loutra Pozar’s thermal waters. Take advantage of some free time to indulge in an optional soothing bath at Pozar before we settle in for the night.
DAY 3: LOUTRAKI ARIDAIA – EDESSA – LOUTRAKI ARIDAIA
Ah, the delightful morning meal is upon us and soon we will journey to the wondrous city of Edessa. Undoubtedly, this city boasts a reputation as one of Europe’s most exquisite destinations. The blending of its striking natural beauty and bustling cityscape establishes a remarkable symbiosis between the environment and its inhabitants. Each facet of the city exudes an alluring charisma, especially in the areas where the water flows, as though crafting a scene straight out of a painting for visitors to behold. Amongst a plethora of awe-inspiring sights, the Waterfall Park, the grove, the Water Museum, and the Karanos area, with its grand cascading waterfall, remain the top favorites for tourists and locals alike.
Let’s return to Pozar baths for some well-deserved free time. You can also choose to indulge in a refreshing dip in the hot springs for added relaxation. We will spend the night here.
DAY 4: LOUTRAKI ARIDAIA – VERGINA – ATHENS
After fueling up with breakfast, we embarked on our journey to VERGINA. The day was filled with excitement as we explored the incredible archaeological site.Step into the incredible past at the mesmerizing Archaeological Site of Aigai, also known as Vergina in modern times. This ancient city, which originally served as the capital of the Kingdom of Macedonia, was unearthed during the 19th century in northern Greece. The site boasts impressive remnants including a grand palace adorned with lavish mosaics and painted stuccoes, as well as a burial ground with over 300 tumuli dating back to as early as the 11th century B.C. Among these tumuli lies the Great Tumulus, home to one of the greatest rulers – Philip II, who conquered numerous Greek cities and paved the way for his successor, Alexander, and the influential reach of the Hellenistic world.
NOTE: Instead of going to Vergina, we have the option to explore Paleo Panteleimon, a picturesque mountain on the home of the Greek gods, Mount Olympus. Εxperience the enchanting allure of a remarkable village unlike any other in all of Greece. Its stunning beauty and picturesque charm will leave you in awe. As you step into this tranquil haven, time seems to stand still, allowing you to immerse yourself in the lush landscape surrounded by verdant trees and vegetation. And to top it all off, the village offers the most breathtaking panoramic view of the Thermaikos gulf. Embrace the serenity and serenade of this idyllic village. We can indulge in some delicious food and make our way back with planned stops along the way.
Our arrival back to Athens will be filled with incredible memories and unforgettable experiences.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed