The three-day private tour to Sparta, Monemvasia, and Elafonisos island is the same as the Two days to the legendary Sparta, Mystras and the famous castle city Monemvasia but in the three-day private tour, the famous island of Elafonisos is added for you to enjoy one of the best island beaches in the world. The Simos beach! It is a private tour to the Laconia region of Peloponnese that you will remember for the rest of your life as the best experience you ever had!
Itinerary of the three-day private tour to Laconia Peloponnese
Athens, Corinth Canal, Sparta, Monemvasia, Elafonisos Island, Athens
Highlights of the Legendary Sparta, Monemvasia Elafonisos 3d private tour
- Admire the famous Corinth Canal
- Legendary Sparta
- The medieval castle town of Monemvasia
- Taste the bio olives, an olive oil tasting, and wine tasting
- Experience one of the best islands of Greece, Elafonisos
Description of the 3-day private tour to Corinth, Sparta, Monemvasia, and Elafonisos island
Day 1: Athens, Corinth canal, Sparta, Monemvasia
Your private tour will start in the morning from Athens; approx after an hour’s drive along the Saronic Gulf road, you will reach the famous Corinth Canal which offers you breathtaking views of the sea. The Corinth canal connects west Greece with East Greece. The Ionian sea with the Aegean sea.
After a short stop for some fantastic pictures, we will head towards Sparta.
Sparta is a modern town today but has important remains of its glorious past. You will see the archaeological museum, the Museum of Olive, the statue of King Leonidas, and the Temple of Goddess Artemis.
Day 2: Monemvasia, Elafonisos island
On the second day of the private tour, you will witness emerald waters, heavenly beaches, sand dunes, blue cloudless skies, picturesque landscapes that will make you want to stay there forever!
After breakfast, we will drive to the southern Peloponnese only a few minutes’ drive from Monemvasia, take the ferry (10 minutes sailing) to visit one of the most beautiful Greek islands! Elafonisos is a dream island, a small exotic island like one long sliver of paradise.
Let’s forget for a day the modern civilization. All you need to bring with you is your sun hat, sunscreen, and your good mood! Leave all the rest to the beach, the pure white sand, in the translucent turquoise water, the clear blue sky, and the bright sun.
After a small tour around the town of the island, we will drive to the famous paradise Simos beach for a swim! Simos’s exotic beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean. Here, two majestic bays serve up fine white sand with emerald water and a cedar forest that spreads out along the sand dunes.
The ride is spectacular and relaxing and it is one of the only places where you can see seven different colors of the sea. After all, it is one of the calmest places on Earth!
Greece has great memories in store for you and this tour offers the best ones!
We’ll be back in Monemvasia late in the afternoon following the same way back.
Day 3: Monemvasia, Athens
Today after breakfast, your day will be full of visits to naturally wonderful places.
Monemvasia, a seaside small town that stands out due to the huge fortified town built on a rock amidst the sea, home of the famous Yannis Ritsos poet.
You will enjoy a lovely breakfast with a view of the rock of Monemvasia overseeing the Myrtoo ocean, a place that combines natural beauty with historical significance.
Having been a fortress during the Venetian and Ottoman years, Monemvasia is a place that inspires stories and legends. It is truly beautiful, with small shops, captivating little restaurants, and stores to buy memorabilia.
Strolling around you will see castles, more than 26 Byzantine churches, and chapels, and of course the deep blue sea of the Aegean surrounding you.
You will witness the traditional way of producing olive oil and have an olive oil tasting. Here is the major production of the famous Kalamata olives organically grown, where you will have the chance of an olive tasting!
Next, you will have a wine tasting in order to experience the local and the international varieties of grapes that are cultivated in a biological method (Organically grown)!
The tour will bring you back to Athens late in the afternoon through the beautiful landscape of Peloponnese.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed