Delphi and Meteora are two of the major destinations in Greece, attracting numerous visitors every year; the 2 days bus tour to Delphi and Meteora combines two of the best sites in Greece, allowing visitors with limited time to enjoy a sightseeing tour to two great attractions of the Ancient and Byzantine world.
Itinerary of the 2 days shared tour to Delphi and Meteora
Athens, Thebes, Levadia, Arachova, Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora, Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae, Athens
Highlights of 2 days shared bus tour to exquisite Delphi and Meteora
- A tour to the Oracle of God Apollo in Delphi
- Visit the Byzantine monasteries suspending from huge rocks in Meteora
- Crossing the fertile plains of Central Greece
- Comfortable and safe buses for your tour
- Includes entrance fee, tour guide, hotel, dinner, breakfast
Description of the tour to Delphi and Meteora
DAY 1. Athens – Delphi – Kalambaka
Athens tours take you to the two days bus tour from Athens, traveling you through the fertile plain of Beotia, crossing the towns of Thebes, known mostly through the tragic plays of Sophocles, Levadia, and Arachova. Finally, the bus tour will arrive at Delphi, the cult center of the Ancient World – also known as the Navel of the Earth. The sightseeing tour in Delphi is exciting: Feel the mystery in the Temple of Apollo, where Oracle Pythia would give her prophecies on personal and public issues. Visit (on your own) the Delphi Museum housing astounding masterpieces, such as the famous bronze Charioteer called Eniochos, the Naxian Sphynx, and the statue of athlete Aghias. Drink water from the running Castalia spring with the two monumental fountains receiving water from the spring for the last 3000 years.
After two hours of sightseeing in Delphi, the bus tour will continue towards Kalambaka driving through the city of Lamia, and passing by numerous picturesque villages and small towns of Central Greece. Overnight in Kalambaka.
DAY 2. Meteora Monasteries – Thermopylae – Athens
Today Athens tours will drive you to the well-known site of Meteora with its Byzantine Monasteries constructed on top of huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air.
The Meteora Monasteries are the second most important complex of Monasteries in Europe, after the one in the Holy Mountain (Athos), and were constructed in the 11th century A.D. providing a safe refuge to monks and nuns ever since then.
Not all monasteries are open every day, however, you will be informed on time which ones can be visited the day of the tour.
Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, and pass by the famous site of Thermopylae, the actual battlefield of the 300 Spartans against the Persians in 480BC. Visit the monument of King Leonidas and head towards the nearby town of Kammena Vourla.
Arrive in Athens in the evening.
- Visit the Museum in Delphi is not included.
- Please ladies for the visit of the Monastery you need a skirt and the gentlemen long trousers.
- Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from our terminal around 19.30 hrs.
- Clients will change bus in Delphi to Meteora bus
According to the new law a CITY TAX for the hotel overnights is effective from January 1st 2018 and it is NOT included in our excursion rates. Clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels. The amount per overnight per room is: 5* hotel=4€ | 4* hotel=3€ | 3* hotel=1,50€.
From November 1st 2019 all children from the age of 6 (six) who are coming from non E.U. countries will have to pay the full rate of the entrance fee for the Museums and the Archaeological sites. For children coming from E.U. countries status, rates remain the same but It is very important to have their passport with in order to prove their nationality.
- Organized Shared Bus Tour
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed by the state bilingual tour Guide
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites and museums
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up from most of hotels in Athens
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, & Dinner), for multiple day tours only
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Terms & Conditions & FAQ>
- Hotels used during multiple - day shared bus tours
- Pick up hotel list in Athens for shared bus tours
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. In case of limited participation, your tour will be diverted to one of our partners and vise versa.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Price (April to October):
Half board First class 217,00 € per person & Child 140,00 €
Half board tourist class 187,00 € per person & Child 115,00 €
Supplement for Single First class 52,00 €
Supplement for Single Tourist class 42,00 €
Price (November to March):
Half board First class –,00 € per person & Child –,00 €
Half board tourist class –,00 € per person & Child –,00 €
Supplement for Single First class –,00 €
Supplement for Single Tourist class –,00 €
The above rates do not include the New “City TAX” for overnights in hotels. The accommodation Tax will be payable by the guests prior to their check-out as following: 5* hotel: 4,00 € per overnight per room, 4* hotel: 3,00 € per overnight per room, 3* hotel: 1,50 € per overnight per room.
From April to October 2022.
Every Monday from 11/4 to 24/10
Every Wednesday from 06/4 to 26/10
Every Thursday from 14/4 to 27/10
Saturdays only the following dates: 30/4 – 07/5 – 14/5 – 21/5 – 28/5 –
04/6 – 11/6 – 18/6 – 25/6 – 09/7 – 23/7 – 06/8 – 20/8 – 03/9 – 10/9 –
17/9 – 24/9 – 01/10 – 08/10 – 15/10 & 22/10
Departure: 08.45 – Return: 19.00 (2nd day)