7 days / 6 nights
Athens, Arachova, Delphi, Meteora, Vergina, Pella, Dion, Mt. Olympus, Litochoron, Thermopylae and the most famous Athens one day cruise in Greece.
Delphi: Even Socrates, the wisest of a man respected Delhi. Meteora: Byzantine monasteries built in the 11th century standing between land, wind, and sky. Dion, the fuayet to mountain Olympus. Mount Olympus: Home of the 12 Gods of Greece. Vergina: The palace of Alexander the Great. Pela: The birthplace of Alexander the Great. Thermopylae: One of the most important battles in the ancient world, which influences and changed today’s culture.
Enjoy Athens with its many wonders through the ages, the 3 islands of the Saronic Gulf, Peloponnese with its beautiful landscape, history, and myths. Travel Greece to explore through our Greece tours in the most celebrated places in the ancient world starting from Athens the berth pace of western civilization.
Highlights of Awesome Greece Vacation Package of Dominant ‘Olympus’ 7 Days
- 7-days legendary Greece
- Visit Athens birthplace of western civilization
- Visit the 3 island Hydra, Poros, Aegina
- The most sacred place of antiquity, Delphi
Description of the ‘Olympus’ Vacation Package
Day 1st: Athens /Arrival
Arrive at Athens International Airport. Pick up and start your half-day Athens city tour.
Tour description: This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Our expert drivers/guides take you to see the center of the CONSTITUTION SQUARE (Syntagma), the HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT, the MEMORIAL to the UNKNOWN SOLDIER, and the NATIONAL LIBRARY.
Driving down Herod Atticus Street, you will see the Evzones in their picturesque uniform and the PRESIDENTIAL PALACE.
On your way to the Acropolis, you will see the Hadrian’s Arch, visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and you will make a short stop at the PANATHENAIC STADIUM (where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896).
On the ACROPOLIS visit the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the PROPYLAEA, the TEMPLE of ATHENA NIKE, the ERECHTHEION and finally, “the harmony between material and spirit”, the monument that “puts the order in the mind”, the PARTHENON. Transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Athens.
Day 2nd: Arachova, Delphi, Meteora
Your Athens tour Greece private chauffeur will pick you up from your cruise ship or your hotel, and we will start our Greece private tour traveling through the verdant plain of Viotia, through Thieves, which according to mythology was connected to King Oedipus, LEVADIA and ARACHOVA (famous for its bright multi-colored hand-made carpets).
Arrive in DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. Our Greece tour includes visits, the Oracle, the navel of Earth, visit the Temple of Apollo, the Delphi Museum where one can see among other archaeological treasures, the unique bronze Charioteer, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian treasury.
After our visits, your Greece tour private chauffeur will take you for lunch in Delphi or Arachova a picturesque mountain village, the jet-set of the winter, built on the south slopes of Parnassus mountain, well-known for its snow ski resort.
We continue our Greece private tour departing for KALAMBAKA a town by the feet of Meteora. Drive through the towns of Central Greece (AMPHISSA, LAMIA, and TRIKALA) crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach KALAMBAKA late in the afternoon. Overnight.
Day 3rd: Meteora
After breakfast in the hotel your Athens tour Greece private chauffeur will drive you to the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks standing between earth wind and sky.
Today you will visit one of the biggest and most important groups of monasteries in Greece after those in Mount Athos. The rock monasteries have been characterized by UNESCO as a unique phenomenon of cultural heritage and they form one of the most important stations of the cultural map of Greece. They belong to a region of almost inaccessible sandstone peaks. On these ‘columns of the sky’ monks have settled from the 11th century onwards where twenty-four of these monasteries were built, despite incredible difficulties, at the time of the great revival of the eremitic ideal in the 15th century. Their 16th-century frescoes mark a key stage in the development of post-Byzantine painting.
The most important monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Holy Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
- The Holy Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but honored to Saint Barbara.
- The Holy Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Holy Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
After our visit to Meteora & lunch, Greece tours driver will travel through Pindos mountain line (world war two resistance headquarters) passing Grevena to reach Vergina famous for the graves of Phillip B’, father of Alexander the Great. Overnight in Vergina.
Day 4th: Meteora, Vergina, Pella
Breakfast and visit the graves in Vergina and the summer Palace where Alexander the great was grown up. We continue our Greece private tour traveling to Pella the birthplace of Alexander the Great (Visit the new museum). After lunch, we will travel to mountain Olympus riviera to Litochorn by the foot of mountain Olympus (home of the 12 Greek Gods). Overnight by the foot of mountain Olympus in Letochoron.
Day 5th: Dion, Mount Olympus, Thermopylae
In the morning we start our journey to Dion, the fuayet to mountain Olympus, and the temple of Zeus. After the end of our visit, we will drive to Thermopylae through Tempi valley and Pilion, the mountain of Centaurus, where Leonidas and the 300 Spartans with their defense against 2 million Persian, inspired nations and countries. ‘Molon lave’, come and get it, has heard for the first time in the world. Continuing our private tour we will drive back to Athens from the same route. Overnight in Athens.
Day 6th: One day cruise with lunch visiting Hydra, Poros, Aegina
Pick-up from your hotel early in the morning, transfer to the port to take the tour one day cruise. Return around 19 hrs.
AEGINA: The biggest island of the Saronic Gulf inhabited as from the 2nd mil. B.C. with two important archaeological sites, a large cathedral dedicated to St. Nectarios the last canonized Saint of the Greek Orthodox Church, a wonderful fish market, a unique fruit floating market, and an economy based on pistachio nuts.
Why don’t you join the optional shore excursion and learn about the history of this fascinating island? This guided bus tour takes us to the early fifth century B.C. Doric Temple of Afaia, built on the top of the hill offering a magnificent view. Then proceed to the grandiose cathedral of St. Nectarios where his relics are kept. Free time to wander around the little harbor at the south-west part of the island for an “ouzo” Snacks – Events – Surprises!
POROS: The smallest of the three islands, covered with pine and lemon trees, situated very close to the Peloponnesian peninsula. Enjoy a beautiful walk up to the clock tower and admire the panorama.
HYDRA: The “smartest” of the Greek islands, the favorite resort of the international Jet-Set, the unique architecture of its houses, the pedestrian, narrow streets full of boutiques, exclusive jewelry, and handicrafts, attracts both shoppers and photographers. The crystal clear waters will refresh the swimmer. Overnight in Athens.
Day 7th: Transfer out
- 3nights hotel accommodation in Athens
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Meteora (Kalambaka or Kastraki)
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Vergina
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Litochoron
- All transfers as mentioned
- Daily breakfast
- All taxes
- Vacation / Holiday package
- Sightseeing sailing (for packages include islands)
- All ferry tickets are calculated on economy class, without cabin.
- Hotels, pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Round trip transfers (Port – Hotel –Port) on each Island are included (Shared).
- An English speaking tour drive, with good knowledge of the Greek history and culture (for private tours)
- Road tolls, All taxes, and handling charges
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum €150,00). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary.
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at “Terms-Conditions”.
- Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in your country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Departure Time: Departure as per our program
- Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
- The order of visiting the islands can be changed according to the traffic and weather conditions.
- All boat schedules given in regards with Greek island packages can be adjusted according to clients wishes, while all mentioned times serve mainly as a reference to the most convenient boat schedule.
- Accommodation on the islands is based according to availability .
- Any part of the trips operated by ferry can be substituted by air sectors at an extra cost, according to availability.
- Packages description for the economy of time and space, includes only the services offered and occasionally a few suggestions.
- Specific information about every suggested destination can be found separately.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed