10 Days / 9 Nights – Athens, Delphi, Meteora, Zagorochoria, Vikos gorge, Ioannina, Parga, Preveza, Rio, Antirio, Patras, Olympia, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Corinth, Corinth canal
Explore Greece’s mainland and Santorini with the rich history, myths, and panoramic views with the most famous sunset in the world.
Highlights of ‘Majestic Greece’ 10-Day Exciting Private Vacation Package
- 9-days unexplored Greece
- Visit Athens the birthplace of western civilization
- Explore Peloponnese
- Explore central Greece
- The breathtaking Meteora
Description of the ‘Majestic Greece’ Vacation Package
Day 1: Athens
Arrive at the Athens International Airport where your half-day tour begins with a visit to the new Acropolis museum.
Tour description: The Acropolis – the Parthenon – Plaka – Ancient Agora – Thiseio – Temple of Vulcan – Kerameikos – Temple of Zeus – Hadrian’s Arch – the Parliament – Unknown Soldier – Panathenian Stadium – the new Acropolis museum – Lycabettus Hill
This private tour is the same as the half-day Athens city private tour plus a visit to the new Acropolis museum. Many people say that Athens is the origin of the world’s civilization. Others, that the Parthenon is the symbol of Democracy. Experience our Athens tours, combining many of the city’s principal modern and classical sights.
Our Athens private tour includes an overview of the modern city and striking contrasts to the remains of its glorious past.
We’ll drive by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament House on Constitution Square, the Panathenaic Stadium (site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896). We’ll see vistas of the Presidential Palace (ex Royal Palace), government buildings, and elegant homes.
…our Athens private tour will drive you along Panepistimiou Avenue and view the Catholic Cathedral, the “Neoclassical Trilogy,” (Academy, University, National Library), and Omonia Square.
In contrast, Athens tour Greece will take you to the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Adrian’s arch, the crowning beauty and glory that were Athens, the Acropolis with its many monuments atop its rocky base, including the awesome Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens. We will drive by the feet of Acropolis through Plaka (old Athens) and we’ll visit the Roman & ancient agora.
Continuing our Athens private tour, visit the most modern and best museum in the world, the new Acropolis museum (voted from the UK reporters in November 2010).
Finally enjoy the spectaculars view from Lecabetus with its Orthodox St. George church, the highest hill in town, and remember Athens & our Athens tours for the rest of your life.
Day 2: Athens, Levadia, Arachova, Delphi
Athens Tours Greece will drive us through LEVADIA and ARACHOVA (famous for its bright multi-colored carpets). Our private tour continues arriving in DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. Visit the Delphi Museum where one can see among other archaeological treasures, the unique bronze Charioteer, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian treasury. In Delphi, our private tour continues visiting the Temple of Apollo. Lunch in Arachova a picturesque mountain village, the jet-set of the winter, built on the south slopes of Parnassus. Free afternoon in Delphi. Dinner & overnight.
Day 3: Delphi, Amphisa, Lamia, Trikala, Kalambaka, Meteora
Free morning in Delphi & Arachova. Depart with Athens Tours Greece for KALAMBAKA. We continue our private tour driving through the towns of Central Greece (AMPHISSA, LAMIA, and TRIKALA) crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach KALAMBAKA late in the afternoon. We will overnight by the feet of breathtaking Meteora.
The monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
- The Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but honored to Saint Barbara.
- The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
Day 4: Meteora, Zagoria, Metsovo
Athens Tours Greece and your private tour continues, in the morning visit of the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks. After lunch at Athens Tour Greece, we will travel to northwest Greece and our next stop will be at gorgeous Zagorohoria, with its traditional Western Greek Architecture. The stone bridges and cobblestone paths, maintained in excellent condition, are the trademark of this region. You will overnight at Papingo, be amazed by the relaxing and rejuvenating feeling as well as the beauty of the place will start the drive to Zagoria some of the most picturesque and traditional villages in Greece. Overnight in Metsovo.
Day 5: Papingo, Gorge of Vikos, Ioannina
Next morning Athens Tours Greece will drive us to the Gorge of Vikos, the deepest Gorge in Europe. Outdoor activity clubs, trekking groups visit the impressive area, traveling from all over the world to cross it. After late lunch, our next stop is at the Cave of Perama, in Ioannina, the largest cave in Greece and one of the largest in Europe, covering a total area of 14,000 sq. meters.
It is located 4km from Ioannina, in Perama, at the foot of Mt. Goritsa. Follow the main road of Ioannina to the north, the 20/E90. At the northern end of the city is a turnoff right towards Metsovo, Trikala, Larissa, 6/E92.
Perama is the first village after about 2km. 1940 discovered by a resident of the village who was looking for a shelter to avoid bombardments during the Greek-Italian war. 1951-1955 the speleologists IOANNIS PETROCHEILOS and ANNA PETROCHEILOU explored the cave and discovered teeth and bones of ancient cave bears. 1956 opened to the public.
Your private tour will take you inside the caves where you can see fossils and remains from the prehistoric Era and impressive murals dedicated to the Gods of the Underworld, Pluto, and Persephone. Free evening in Ioannina. You will enjoy your dinner over the lake with its magnificent view of the island in the lake. Overnight in Ioannina.
Day 6: Ioannina, Igoumenitsa, Parga, Prevesa, Agrinio, Antirio, Rio, Olympia
At morning leisure we’ll leave from unforgettable Ioannina and Athens Tours Greece will drive us through Igoumenitsa- Parga – Preveza while we have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Ionian Sea waters and some of the Ionian Islands. Crossing the biggest bridge in Europe Rio, Antirio, our private tour of today ends in the birthplace of the Olympic games, ancient Olympia arriving late in the afternoon.
Day 7: Olympia, Nafplion
In Olympia, you will have the opportunity to visit with our guide the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus and the museum.
Departure for Nafplion through the picturesque landscape. Nafplion was the capital of the Peloponnese and Greece after the revolution against the Ottomans in 1821. Visit the fortress with its panoramic view of the town and the Ionian sea. Dinner and overnight in Nafplion.
Day 8: Argolis Epidaurus
Morning departure from your hotel and drive to the most famous theater in the world ‘The Epidaurus Theater’ well known for its natural acoustic. The tour will continue to Mycenae for visiting the famous Palace, the Lions Gate, and the Tomb of King Agamemnon. Our next stop will be at ancient Corinth one of the most well-known ancient paces, famous for the painting and vase making, the inventors of a scalpel, and the innovative construction for the shipping industry. Here St. Paul lived for two years. Our final stop is by the Corinth canal who connects the Aegean and the Ionia sea, with its breathtaking view. Drive back to Athens across the coastline of the Saronic golf we will arrive in Athens in the afternoon. Overnight in Athens.
Day 9: One Day Cruise to the 3 islands
Pick-up from your hotel early in the morning, transfer to the port to take the tour one day cruise. Return around 19 hrs.
AEGINA: The biggest island of the Saronic Gulf inhabited as from the 2nd mil. B.C. with two important archaeological sites, a large cathedral dedicated to St. Nectarios the last canonized Saint of the Greek Orthodox Church, a wonderful fish market, a unique fruit floating market, and an economy based on pistachio nuts.
Why don’t you join the optional shore excursion and learn about the history of this fascinating island? This guided bus tour takes us to the early fifth century B.C. Doric Temple of Afaia, built on the top of the hill offering a magnificent view. Then proceed to the grandiose cathedral of St. Nectarios where his relics are kept. Free time to wander around the little harbor at the south-west part of the island for an “ouzo” Snacks – Events – Surprises!
POROS: The smallest of the three islands, covered with pine and lemon trees, situated very close to the Peloponnesian peninsula. Enjoy a beautiful walk up to the clock tower and admire the panorama.
HYDRA: The “smartest” of the Greek islands, the favorite resort of the international Jet-Set, the unique architecture of its houses, the pedestrian, narrow streets full of boutiques, exclusive jewelry, and handicrafts, attracts both shoppers and photographers. The crystal clear waters will refresh the swimmer. Overnight in Athens.
Day 10th: Athens
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Athens
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Delphi
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Meteora
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Metsovo
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Ioannina
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Olympia
- 1-night hotel accommodation in Nafplion
- All transfers as mentioned
- Daily breakfast
- A private chauffeur with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece
- All taxes
- Vacation / Holiday package
- Sightseeing sailing (for packages include islands)
- All ferry tickets are calculated on economy class, without cabin.
- Hotels, pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Round trip transfers (Port – Hotel –Port) on each Island are included (Shared).
- An English speaking tour drive, with good knowledge of the Greek history and culture (for private tours)
- Road tolls, All taxes, and handling charges
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum €150,00). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary.
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at “Terms-Conditions”.
- Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in your country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Departure Time: Departure as per our program
- Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
- The order of visiting the islands can be changed according to the traffic and weather conditions.
- All boat schedules given in regards with Greek island packages can be adjusted according to clients wishes, while all mentioned times serve mainly as a reference to the most convenient boat schedule.
- Accommodation on the islands is based according to availability .
- Any part of the trips operated by ferry can be substituted by air sectors at an extra cost, according to availability.
- Packages description for the economy of time and space, includes only the services offered and occasionally a few suggestions.
- Specific information about every suggested destination can be found separately.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed