Glamorous Athens-by-night private sightseeing tour 4-h; The Athens-by-night, sightseeing tour in Athens with folk dance show and dinner in Plaka is the tour you cannot miss if you want to combine sightseeing and entertainment.
During this tour you will have the chance to enjoy Athens by night; those who have experienced it will only tell you that it is probably one of the most memorable experiences you will ever have.
Highlights of the Athens by night tour
- An overview of the most important sites in Athens
- Athens by night, with all its lights and beautiful parts
- Dinner in a Greek tavern in Plaka with live music and folk dances show
- We will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel
- The tour is available every night of the week from April until October. From November 1 until March 31 it is available on Thursday and Saturday night only.
Description of the Athens by night private tour
The private Athens by night tour will drive you from your hotel to Piraeus, Zea Marina, and the center of Athens.
We will take you to the focal points of interest in Athens, including the Temple of Zeus, the Arch of Hadrian, the National Gardens, the Parliament at Syntagma Square, the Acropolis with its Parthenon, the Lycabettus Hill with the impressive views of the city.
The evening tour will drive you through the illuminated streets of Athens and Piraeus, and the yachts marina of the city, Marina of Zea, where you can not only breathe the refreshing sea breeze but also admire some amazing yachts belonging to the international jet set.
Later on, Athens by night tour will take you to Mikrolimano, which is a lovely small fishing harbor close to Piraeus, where you can see many waterfront bars and restaurants.
Plaka, the picturesque neighborhoods of Athens
After this sightseeing tour, we will return to the center of Athens and the famous quarter of Plaka, one of the most picturesque parts of the city. Plaka is located at the feet of the Acropolis and is an amazingly cozy and welcoming part of the city.
You will enjoy a typical Greek dinner at a local tavern with live music and a dancing show that will make you feel like a Greek! You will listen to famous Greek songs and will see the authentic Greek folk dances that amaze every visitor of the city.
After the night show, your driver will drive you through the boulevards of the city, in order to enjoy the lighted by night Acropolis and of course the hill of Lycabettus, which offers panoramic views of the city of Athens, Greece.
The tour will end at your hotel after a pleasurable night in Athens.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed