This full day shared bus tour in Athens and Sounion is special designed for thoose who want to experience the best of Athens and the southern suburbs with the scenic coastal road of the Saronic golf to cape Sounion.
- A Panoramic tour of Athens
- Guided tour of Acropolis
- Visit the Acropolis museum
- Pass by the beautiful sea side of Athens riviera
- Visit Sounion, the Temple of Poseidon with its breath taking views
Itinerary of the Athens and Sounion shared bus day tour
Driving from the Acropolis to Omonia Square, you’ll have the chance to see all the famous sites of ancient and modern Athens and as it is guided it will help you to get your bearings if this is your first visit to Athens.
We will stop at Panathinaiko Stadium for a photo ( first Olympic Games in 1896). Continuing, we will pass by Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus and drive past the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. See the way the National Garden, Hadrian’s Arc, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown soldier, Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square ,Russian Orthodox Church, and finally the Acropolis.
Our experienced tour guide will next take you for a pleasant short walk passing by the Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to reach and visit the ACROPOLIS museum.
Enjoy some of the main attractions of the Acropolis museum such as votives, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and of course the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze will impress you
Its time now to visit a local restaurant under the slopes of the Acropolis for your lunch. Taste the many delicacies from around the country.
After lunch depart for a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza) to CAPE SOUNION. Cape Sounion is only 45 miles (70 kilometers) from Athens, making it the perfect lazy afternoon tour destination.
The Cape’s Temple of Poseidon is perched on a rocky hilltop overlooking the Aegean sea, with its magnificent and one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world. You will have the chance to see the extension of it all the way to Kea and the Peloponnese on a clear day.
Built in 44 B.C., the Temple of Poseidon is still standing there impressively with many of its original Doric columns.
According to the new law a CITY TAX for the hotel overnights is effective from January 1st 2018 and it is NOT included in our excursion rates. Clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels. The amount per overnight per room is: 5* hotel=4€ | 4* hotel=3€ | 3* hotel=1,50€.
From November 1st 2019 all children from the age of 6 (six) who are coming from non E.U. countries will have to pay the full rate of the entrance fee for the Museums and the Archaeological sites. For children coming from E.U. countries status, rates remain the same but It is very important to have their passport with in order to prove their nationality.
- Organized Shared Bus Tour
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed by the state bilingual tour Guide
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites and museums
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up from most of hotels in Athens
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, & Dinner), for multiple day tours only
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Terms & Conditions & FAQ>
- Hotels used during multiple - day shared bus tours
- Pick up hotel list in Athens for shared bus tours
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. In case of limited participation, your tour will be diverted to one of our partners and vise versa.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Daily Service from April to October
- Dep. 08.45 – Ret. 19.00
Price 2024: 137,00 € per adult, 115.00€ per child.