The Athens shared walking city tour including the Acropolis will offer you an insight to the ancient and modern side of Athens in a small group. Athens is a historical city as known the birth place of the western civilization, but has a bustling modern part as well.
√ Daily Service from April to October.
√ Dep. 09.45 from Amalia Hotel.
√ The tour ends approx 13.00 hrs. at the Acropolis.
Itinerary of the Athens walking city tour with the Acropolis
Syntagma Square – Center of Athens – temple of Zeus – Plaka – the Acropolis
Highlights of the Athens city walking city tour with the Acropolis
- The Acropolis with its world wide famous monuments
- The change of guards at Syntagma Square
- The Plaka
- The coffee shops and restaurants in downtown Athens
Description of the Athens city walking city tour with the Acropolis
The Athens walking city tour with the Acropolis will start from Syntagma Square (Constitution Square) at approx 09:45 where you will see front of the Greek Parliament the change of the guards and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Then start a real pleasant walk through the national garden (ex royal garden) and the Zapeion hall, the temple of Zeus, and Hadrian’s arch.
Continue from there to the Plaka heading to the Acropolis. Visit with your guide the Glory of ancient Athens, The Parthenon, the Propylea, the temple of Athens niki, the Erechthion witch reached its maximum expand in the 5th century BC called the golden age of Pericles or the golden age of Athens.
In the surrounding of the Athens Agora see the Observations, the Hill of Democracy (Pnyx), the Mars hill, the Philopapou hill, the Odeon, and the ancient theater of Dionysus.
At the end of the Athens walking city tour with the Acropolis do not miss to visit on your own the Acropolis museum.
The Athens walking city tour is a shared walking tour following your guide, and allowing you to see the city at the best way.
- Shore Excursion
- Walking tour
- Pickup from your cruise terminal. Our tour guide or driver will be for you at the cruise arrivals terminal holding a sign with your name on. After you meet we will escort you to our air conditioned van for your for your 15 minutes transfer to Athens. She / He will be at the designated meeting point at 08:45
- Drop off point in Athens Our van will drop you off at the entrance of the hotel Amalia in front of the Parliament building. Your driver will help you to find your guide. The Athens walking tour starts at 9.30 am. (On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 10:30.
- Drop off back to your cruise ship pier Our van and driver will be at 15:45 at the beginning of the pedestrian Walk Way of Dionyssiou Areopagitou in front of Melina's statue across from Hadrian’s Arch. If for any reason you miss the transfer back to your cruise ship terminal, you will have to return to Piraeus port with your own means.
- Important: Please be at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to departure time because our van / bus will will just stop for a moment to pick up passengers and will depart immediately for Piraeus
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed English speaking tour guide
- Duration 3 hours approx
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
→ Price: 38,00€ per person
→ Note: Entrance fee for the Acropolis is not included.
→ Transfer: For a transfer from/to your cruise ship book here.