The half day private photography tour in Athens is a five hours tour in the historical city of Greece, which will give you the chance to take some gorgeous pictures to boast about when returning back home. Athens is a very captivating city and you can be sure that you will absolutely love this photography tour.
What you will see during the half-day photography tour in Athens
The hill of Philopappou, the Hadrian’s Arch, the Panathenaic Stadium, the Temple of Zeus, the Parliament, the Academy, Library and University of Athens, Lycabettus Hill
Highlights of the private 5-hour photography tour in Athens
- The views from Philopappou and Lycabettus Hill
- The city tour of Athens
- The hidden photography treasures of Athens
Description of the private photography tour in Athens
The private photography tour in Athens will start from the hill of Philopappou located in the heart of the ancient part of the city.
From there you will have an excellent view to the Holy Rock of the Acropolis and you can get impressive photos of the Parthenon with the backdrop of the city.
The tour will then continue taking you to the well preserved Temple of Zeus in Athens, where you can also see the Hadrian’s Arch, the site that divides the modern from the ancient part of the city.
You will also have the chance to visit the Panathenaic Stadium, which is the site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896 and the finish of the classical Marathon race.
The private photography tour in Athens will then take you to Syntagma square, the main square of the city where you can see the Parliament, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the change of the Guards just in front of it.
You will then head to the Panepistimiou Avenue where you can take pictures of the three most beautiful classical buildings in Athens: the Academy of Arts, the University and the National Library of Athens, all three made of high quality marble.
Finally, you will visit Lycabettus Hill, which is the highest hill in Athens, providing exquisite views to the entire city of Athens, and an excellent option to you to take some truly breathtaking pictures from high above the city.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed