Enjoy a fascinating 3 days private tour to Corinth, Olympia and Delphi! This tour is a splendid opportunity to get to know some of the most famous regions in Greece and visit the impressive and significant archaeological sites of Corinth, Olympia and Delphi.
Itinerary of the 3 days Private tour:
Athens, Corinth Canal, Ancient Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion, Epidaurus, Olympia, Patras, Nafpaktos, Rio – Antirrio Bridge, Delphi, Arachova, Levadia, Thebes, Athens
Highlights of the 3 days Private tour
- The magnificent archaeological site in ancient Corinth
- The Royal Tombs in Mycenae
- The Oracle of Delphi and the Museum of Delphi with the unique artifacts
- The birthplace of the Olympic Games – the region of Olympia
- The biggest bridge in Europe at Rio – Antirrio
- The beautiful countryside of Greece
- Experienced and professional English speaking driver
Day 1: Corinth canal, ancient Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplion, Epidaurus, Olympia,
The 3 days tour in Greece starts in the morning from Athens. The Athens Tours Greece driver will take you towards the beautiful coast that drives along the Saronic Gulf to Corinth. You will see the famous Corinth Canal and you will have your first short stop there for pictures, since the view and the surrounding landscape are gorgeous.
Shortly afterwards you will be visiting the ancient city of Corinth, known for its cultural wealth. Ancient Corinth is also known as one of the major stops by St Paul who lived and preached in the area teaching the word of God.
Ancient Corinth was a very influential city in the ancient years and this is more than evident in the site today.
Later on, the tour will continue towards Mycenae, the capital city of the important Myceanean civilization that was among the most important one in Greece.
You will see the remains of the royal city of Agamemnon – who was the general of the Greeks in the Trojan War – and the Royal Palace and Tombs. You will also see the Lions’ Gate, which is an impressive and huge construction.
Soon after the visit, the private tour continues towards Nafplion, a very picturesque city in the region of Argolis, where you can see the truly lovely old town and its Venetian fortress that dominates the scenery.
After lunch, the tour will drive you to Epidaurus, the magnificent ancient theater and archaeological site of the God of Medicine, Asklepios. Epidaurus (or Epidavros in Greek) is an amazing area, amidst lush greenery and is the hub of modern theatrical festivals in the summer.
In the afternoon the tour will take you to Olympia, where you will be spending the night.
Day 2 – Olympia, Rio Antirio, Nafpaktos, Arachova, Delphi
The second day of the three days private tour starts with a visit to Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games. It is a site that breaths history, culture and grandeur.
In 776 BC, the Olympic Games were held there for the first time in honor of Zeus and became one of the most significant institutions in the history of the Greek but also World Culture, held until today as the highlight of the sports events.
You will be able to visit the actual site of the Games, the museum of the Olympic Games and the archaeological site of the area that houses important artifacts and findings from this era. It is definitely one of the places you will love during this 3 days private tour.
Later on, the tour will continue towards the famous bridge of Rio Antirion, the longest in Europe, that connects Central Greece with the Peloponnese.
We will be driving towards the beautiful seaside town of Nafpaktos along the new coastal road, with a direction towards Delphi. In the evening you will visit the picturesque village of Arachova for a nice walk and dinner. Overnight in Delphi.
Day 3: Delphi, Athens
The third day of this tour in Peloponnese and Central Greece, starts with a visit to the archaeological site of Delphi.
It is the oracle of Apollo, its famous sanctuary of and the most influential site in Greece during the 5th and 4th century.
You will be visiting the archaeological site, which is not only beautiful itself, but offers splendid views to the entire region.
You will also visit the museum in Delphi where you can admire an array of treasures from the antiquity, such as the Sphynx of Naxos, the unique bronze Charioteer and the Twin Brothers. A visit to the Athens treasury and the Temple of Apollo is also included in the tour plan.
After lunch the tour will bring you back to Athens, where the tour ends in the afternoon!
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed