Watch the Greek history and legends unfold in front of you with the Grand seven days bus tour in Greece, where you will visit places important in all periods of the known world. Travel in Greece through Prehistory, the Classical Period, roman Domination, The Byzantine Empire, the Crusades, and Modern Times.
Itinerary of the grand seven days bus tour in Greece
Athens, Corinth Canal, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Nafplion, Olympia, Nafpaktos, Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora, Tempi, Dion, Thessaloniki, Edessa, Pella, Vergina, Larisa, Thermopylae, Athens
Highlights of a fascinating Grand tour of Greece in 7 days shared bus tour
- The most complete bus tour in Greece, visiting all the highlights of the country
- The sites of archaeological interest such as Epidaurus, Mycenae, Delphi, and Dion
- The beautiful countryside and the landscape of Greece
Description of the 7 days tour in Greece
Day 1. Athens, Corinth, Epidaurus, Nafplion, Mycenae, Olympia
Travel in the morning via the coastal road to the Corinth Canal and have a short stop for coffee or pictures. Drive on and visit the Theater of Epidaurus and the Sanctuary of Hephaestus, famous for its remarkable acoustics. Then proceed to the town of Nafplion, the first capital city of Greece, where you will also stop for a short visit and walk.
After Nafplion, we will drive on to Mycenae and visit the Archaeological Site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Then depart for Olympia through Central Peloponnese. Dinner and overnight in Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games.
Day 2. Olympia, Nafpaktos, Itea, Delphi
The second day starts with a visit to the Archaeological site of Olympia, with the sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium, and the archaeological Museum. You will also get to visit the actual site of the Games and see the race track and starting line of the original games. Then drive on through the plains of Elis and Achaia until you reach the magnificent bridge which is crossing the
Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Pass by the picturesque Towns of Nafpaktos (Lepanto) and arrive in Delphi. Overnight and dinner in Delphi.
Day 3. Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora
Wake up in the beautiful town of Delphi in the morning, and visit the archaeological site and the Museum of Delphi. Depart for Kalambaka, a small town situated at the foot of the astonishing complex of Meteora, the gigantic rocks with the monastery complex. Overnight and dinner at Kalambaka.
Day 4. Meteora, Dion, Thessaloniki
Visit Meteora in the morning; among striking scenery, perched on the top of huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air, stand the ageless Meteora Monasteries, where you can see exquisite specimens of Byzantine art.
NOTE. For the visit to the Monasteries, ladies will need a skirt and the gentlemen’s long trousers.
Depart from Kalambaka, drive through the plain of Thessaly and the valley of Tempi, arrive, and visit the Archaeological Park of Dion. Admire also the gigantic figure of Mount Olympus, the highest mountain in Greece and home of the 12 Gods of Mythology. After the visit, we will depart for Thessaloniki, the second largest and the most vibrant city in Greece. Dinner and overnight in Thessaloniki.
Day 5. Veria, Naoussa, Edessa, Pella, Thessaloniki
Depart in the morning for a unique approach to historical Macedonia. First, stop at Veria (Biblical Beroea) to visit Saint Paul’s Bema, and then stroll through the old Jewish neighborhood and the colorful market area. A walk in a city where the past is present and around. Later on, we will drive to Naoussa, a site of exceptional beauty and importance: Aristotle’s School, the impressive scenery where the great philosopher taught the doctrines of morals and politics’ to Alexander and the Macedonian youths. Only a few miles away is picturesque Edessa, where we see the town’s famous landmark, the waterfalls of Edessa.
Then comes Pella, the capital of Alexander the Great. See the exquisite floor mosaics of the 4th century b.C. villas in situ, as well as in the new Museum. Return to Thessaloniki for dinner and overnight.
Day 6. Thessaloniki
Visit the city of Thessaloniki, which throughout the era of the Byzantine Empire, was the “co-reigning” city, second in population and prestige only to Constantinople.
Visit the unique monuments of Thessaloniki and feel the glorious Byzantine past in some of the oldest and most characteristic churches of the Christian world as well as in the Museum of Byzantine Culture, awarded with the Council of Europe’s Museum Prize for the year 2005. The rest of the day free, to enjoy time in the lively center of the city.
Dinner and overnight in Thessaloniki.
Day 7. Vergina, Thessaly, Lamia, Thermopylae, Athens
Travel to Vergina, to live the experience of a visit to its unique Museum, created in the Great Tumulus covering the royal tombs of Macedonia. See the astonishing findings from the tomb of King Philip II, Alexander’s father, and feel the thrill of the greatest discovery of the 20th century. After the visit, we shall start driving south and through Thessaly, Lamia, Thermopylae – which is the site of the Battle between the 300 Spartans and the Persians – and Thebes, arrive in Athens late in the afternoon.
More Shared Bus Tours In Greece Here!
N.B. Please ladies for the visit of the Monastery you need a skirt and the gentlemen long trousers. Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from our terminal around 19.30 hrs.
According to the new law a CITY TAX for the hotel overnights is effective from January 1st 2018 and it is NOT included in our excursion rates. Clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels. The amount per overnight per room is: 5* hotel=4€ | 4* hotel=3€ | 3* hotel=1,50€.
From November 1st 2019 all children from the age of 6 (six) who are coming from non E.U. countries will have to pay the full rate of the entrance fee for the Museums and the Archaeological sites. For children coming from E.U. countries status, rates remain the same but It is very important to have their passport with in order to prove their nationality.
- Organized Shared Bus Tour
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed by the state bilingual tour Guide
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites and museums
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up from most of hotels in Athens
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, & Dinner), for multiple day tours only
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Terms & Conditions & FAQ>
- Hotels used during multiple - day shared bus tours
- Pick up hotel list in Athens for shared bus tours
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. In case of limited participation, your tour will be diverted to one of our partners and vise versa.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
- Half board First class 1060,00 € per adult
- Child Price: 850,00 €
- Supplement for Single First class –,00 €
- Departure dates: 15/9/22 & 29/9/22
Guiding in English Language Only.
Departure time: 08.45 a.m.
The above rates do not include the New “City TAX” for overnights in hotels. The accommodation tax will be payable by the guests prior to their check-out as following: 5* hotel: 4,00 € per overnight per room, 4* hotel: 3,00 € per overnight per room, 3* hotel: 1,50 € per overnight per room.