We provide unrivaled expertise and exceptional quality for your highlights of Athens and Olive Oil Tasting experience. This Mythical Athens And Olive Oil Tasting 9-Hour Tour is the combination of our “Athens Half-Day Tour | Enjoy The Highlights Of Athens In A Private Sightseeing Tour” and “The Olive Oil Tasting Experience Tour”. Athens Tours Greece offer crafted experiences that immerse our savvy travelers in the local environment to explore the unknown as a source of inspiration.
Explore Athens and enjoy the highlights of the oldest city of the western civilazation! A well-designed and organized sightseeing tour in Athens is the perfect way to get to know the historical capital of Greece and its worldwide known monuments. Our private half-day tour in Athens offers to you an excellent opportunity to visit the most important sites and monuments of Athens, in a comfortable and hassle-free way.
One of the star products of Greek cuisine is olive oil starting from ancient times, which interest has grown in recent years to become one of the most experiential attractions of Greece. It represents a lifestyle that combines culture, nature, and gastronomy. Greece is the country with the most top-quality olive hectares in the world. Oleo tourism is one of the best ways to get to know oil’s new culture in that sense. The Olive Oil Tasting Experience offers the opportunity to discover the world of olive oil virtual harvests and high-profile tasting events!
During the half-day tour in Athens, you will:
Visit: the Acropolis – the Parthenon – Erechtheum – Temple of Athens Nike – Propilea – Plaka – Panathenaic Stadium (outside) – the Parliament – tom of the Unknown Soldier – Change of the guards – Lycabettus Hill
Sightseeing: Piraeus Riviera, Athens Riviera – Odeon Theater – Dionysus Ancient Theater -Hadrian’s Arch (Athens Gate) – Temple of Zeus – Presidential house – the Ex-Royal Garden/National Garden – Greek Parliament – Constitution square (Syntagma square) – Numistamic Museum of Athens – Catholic cathedral – The Academy of Athens – the University of Athens – National library – Statue of General Kolokotronis – The museum of the history of Greece – The famous Ermou str.
Highlights of the Mythical Athens And Olive Oil Tasting 9-Hour Tour
- Visit the best of Athens
- Visit Athens’ modern and classical sites with expert drivers
- Explore the Acropolis, the cornerstone of the Athenian culture
- Tour of the olive groves in its 3 plantation frameworks, Traditional, Intensive, and Super intensive.
- The harvesting of olive trees (from October to November upon request).
- The properties of organic extra virgin olive oil.
- The production process of organic olive oil inside the olive mill.
- The oil quality: what refined olive oils are, what virgin olive oils are, and what the extra virgin olive oil is.
- Partake an oil-tasting and learn how to pair them gastronomically.
- Virtually participate in every stage of olive oil production.
- English-speaking tour driver
- Pickup and drop off from your Athens hotels, cruise terminal, or cruise ship
Description of the Mythical Athens And Olive Oil Tasting 9-Hour Tour
Our private tour in Athens will give you an overview of the modern city of Athens, and insight into the ancient monuments and sites that have made Athens known all over the world.
If you are a first-time visitor to Athens, this tour will help you with orientation and a possible plan you want to make for the remaining days. Athens is a balanced mixture of ancient and modern characteristics, reflected in each and every corner of the city
This private tour in Athens stretches from the Acropolis to Kalimarmaro stadium and Kolonaki, connecting that way the most ancient symbol of the city with the commercial area of modern Athens.
The highlight of this sightseeing tour in Athens is of course the Acropolis, the trademark of the city. The Sacred Rock, the symbol of Greek culture, features the highest point in town that used to serve as a fortress. The word Acropolis with a capital “A” indicates in all world languages the Acropolis of Athens, the most famous Acropolis, the cradle of Western civilization.
Visiting the Acropolis you will have the chance to pass through the Propylaea and admire the Erechtheum, and the Caryatids, while watching the city spreading in front of your feet, allowing your eyes to wander from the distant mountains to the blue waters of Piraeus harbor.
The most important monument of Athens dominates the Acropolis: The Parthenon of Athens, the most perfect example of classical architecture in the world, was designed as a shrine to Goddess Athena, the patron God of the city, and used to house a massive gold and ivory statue of the Goddess of Wisdom.
At the feet of the Acropolis lies one of the most wonderful and picturesque quarters of Athens, Plaka, known also as the neighborhood of Gods. You will have the chance to see its lovely paved streets with colorful art and tourist shops.
After the visit to the Acropolis, the sightseeing tour in Athens continues with a drive to the most important parts of the city. You will pass by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Parliament on Syntagma (Constitution) Square, and you will see Hadrian’s Arch.
Soon afterward, the tour will bring you to the Panathenaic Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games took place, in 1896. And then you will see
many government buildings, the Presidential Palace ( ex-Royal Palace), and elegant houses built on streets half-covered by sour orange trees.
Close by you will also drive down Panepistimiou Avenue where you can see the Catholic Church of Athens, and pass by the Academy, the University of Athens, and the National Library. And you will see one of the busiest parts of Athens getting to Omonoia Square.
After that, we will take the way to Pelloponeese in order to visit one of the famous olive mills in the region. We will be traveling along the pictiresque costal highway of the Saronic golf to lead you to the famous Corinth canal, allowing your eyes and senses to rest on the canal that will remain to your heart for your entire life.
The Olive Oil Tasting Experience Tour and Athens Tours Greece offer crafted experiences that immerse our savvy travelers in the local environment to explore the unknown as a source of inspiration. We will give you now some information about Oleotourism in order to be in the mood for your special tour! Oleotourism begins to sprout every day more and more in Greece, and olive mill tours are becoming increasingly common in Greece.
Oleotourism is a movement that is treading more and more strongly in regions such as Argolis where in the region there are other olive groves, surrounding the variety of tourist activities related to the production of olive oil, whose objective is to disseminate the main characteristics and processes of elaboration of this product. It is an alternative to traditional tourism, turning to rural, ecological, or gastronomic settings.
Oleotourism can include guided tours, accommodation with typical architecture within the olive grove, restoration, hiking, relaxation, and shopping, or beauty treatments with this product. The development of the olive sector and the dissemination of the oil culture have been defined as one of its objectives, with a background of rural and ecological tourism.
Visiting an olive oil estate during your holiday in Athens is a great way to learn more about the olive oil production process while surrounding yourself with the magnificent olive trees. At the end of such an olive oil tour, you will sample the different olive oils. During such a tasting, you will learn how to taste the flavors of the different varieties and to distinguish the specific olive oil attributes of fruitiness, bitterness, and pepperiness.
Olive trees have grown on Greek land since ancient times thousands of years ago! Ever since the Greek people rely on its fruits to create their tasty dishes. No wonder olive oil is the heart of Greek cuisine, Argolis – Corinth is the region that produces the best quality olive oil.
We will visit an olive oil producer in the Argolis – Corinth in order to experience an exceptional olive oil tour. This olive oil mill has won international awards for several years in a row. Follow us on a guided tour through the facilities in the olive mill, and taste the extra virgin olive oil through an interactive seminar full of secrets that you have never imagined before!
The olives are picked in autumn. Harvest season starts in October and lasts until the end of November. The olives at that time have the correct temperature in order to be pressed inside a modern and professional olive mill. The olive is then ground to paste in a mill. Subsequently, the olive oil is extracted, filtered, and stored. Modern machines squeeze the olives in such a way that the quality is consistent and meets today’s standards.
However, the company does value the environment. Everything is recycled. Moreover, the entire production process of Monterosa leaves zero carbon footprint.
Let’s see now why olive oil is so experiential!
Experiance now the difference between professional olive oil tasting & simple olive oil tasting.
Professional olive oil tasting: Olive oil tasting is carried out in special tasting glasses. The philosophy is similar to wine tasting. When we taste olive oil we seek 3 characteristics: aroma, intensity in its bitter taste & intensity in its spicy taste.
Here is the procedure:
- Add olive oil to the special tasting glass.
- We hold the glass in our hands and stir to slightly heat the olive oil.
- We smell trying to identify each of its aromas.
- We drink a sip to perceive the intensity of its bitter & spicy taste.
Simple olive oil tasting: The olive oil tasting of the products is carried out with fresh bread. Each of our guests has in front of him an individual plate with fresh bread, bruschetta with Kalamon olive paste, and a mini salad with seasonal vegetables and pitted Kalamon olives. Our guests taste 2 different award-winning extra virgin olive oils, olive paste, and pitted Kalamon olives.
It is time to experience now a virtual reality headset to see everything we discussed earlier. You can virtually participate in every stage of olive oil production.
Find below the Olive oil tour & and tasting presentation available in two options:
Option 1 – Duration: 70 min. | Minimum number of people: 2
- Visiting the olive mill olive grove.
- Guided tour of the facilities and presentation of the production line of extra virgin olive oil.
- Virtual reality video presentation. Wearing the virtual reality mask you will have the opportunity to live an unforgettable experience by watching a video with all the stages of cultivation, production & bottling of extra virgin olive oil.
- Presentation of Greek extra virgin olive oil (varieties, categories of olive oil, health benefits & useful tips for the proper storage of extra virgin olive oil).
- Professional tasting experience in two.
- Products (we can add more at a small extra cost).
- Simple tasting of the Soligea product line (extra virgin olive oil – Kalamon olives – Kalamon olive paste).
Option 2 – Duration: 40 min. | Minimum number of people: 4
- Guided tour of our facilities and presentation of the production line of extra virgin olive oil.
- Video presentation of the production of the extra virgin olive oil “From the tree… to the bottle”.
- Simple olive oil tasting of the Soligea product line (extra virgin olive oil -Pitted Kalamon olives – Kalamon olive paste).
Ending Mythical Athens And Olive Oil Tasting 9-Hour Tour dropping you off at the same spot we have picked you up!
“This private tour is highly recommended as a cruise excursion for tourists visiting Athens for a day during their cruise in Greece.”
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed