Experience the best of Greece with the four days private tour to Delphi, Meteora, and Thessaloniki, which combines history with culture and religion with modern elements and habits of the Modern Greek life.
Itinerary of the four days private tour to Delphi, Meteora, and Thessaloniki
Athens, Levadia, Delphi, Arachova, Kalambaka, Amphisa, Lamia, Trikala, Meteora Monasteries, Vergina, Dion, Thessaloniki, Athens
Highlights of the 4 days private tour to magical Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki, the second largest and important coastal city in Greece
- The archaeological sites of Delphi, Vergina, and Dion
- Get to know the history and birthplace of Alexander the Great
- Drive through villages and towns you would not be able to visit otherwise
- Enjoy the tour with an experienced and friendly English-speaking driver
Description of the private tour to Delphi, Meteora, and Thessaloniki
DAY 1: Athens, Arachova, Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora
Driving from Athens towards Levadia and Arachova, the picturesque village located next to Delphi, at the feet of Mt Parnassus, the first day of the tour will bring you to Delphi, the sanctuary of God Apollo, located just 2 hours approx. away from Athens.
In Delphi, you will visit one of the leading archaeological sites in Greece, known not only for its historical importance but also due to its amazing aura. It is certain that you will get positive energy since the place was not chosen accidentally to house the Temple and Oracle of Apollo.
Here you can visit the Delphi Museum that houses the Naxian Sphinx, the Twin brothers, important findings from the excavations in the area, and of course the Bronze Charioteer, known as Eniochos.
Enjoy a typical Greek lunch in Delphi in a restaurant offering superb views, and then head towards Kalambaka, the town that lies next to a geological and historical phenomenon, Meteora and its monasteries.
Overnight at Kalambaka or Kastraki, by the feet of breathtaking Meteora.
DAY 2: Meteora, Katerini, Thessaloniki
The second day of the tour starts with the anticipated visit to the monasteries of Meteora. Make sure you are properly dressed since the monks and nuns are somewhat strict about the dress code and enter the monasteries of Meteora, built on the top of the high rocks.
The lunch following the visit will give you the chance not only to taste Greek flavors but also to absorb the atmosphere of this area better, before setting off for Thessaloniki, a modern city and destination of this tour. Overnight at Thessaloniki.
DAY 3: Thessaloniki, Pella, Vergina, Veria
The third day of the tour starts with an early morning drive from Thessaloniki towards Pella, the capital city of ancient Macedonia, where Alexander the Great reigned.
Visit Vergina and its museum to see in person the impressive treasures of Alexander and his father King Philip, including the Golden Star of Macedonia and Vergina.
Your driver will bring you back to Thessaloniki for dinner and overnight.
DAY 4: Thessaloniki, Dion, Katerini, Thermopylae, Athens
The fourth day of the tour will start with a visit to another important archaeological site, Dion that was the sanctuary of God Zeus.
Enjoy your lunch in the area and then take the route back towards Athens, passing by the Tempi Mountains and the fertile plain of Thessaly.
The tour will also bring you to Thermopylae, the battlefield of the 300 against the Persians that inspire feelings of respect for King Leonidas and his men.
Keep in mind that this is a fully customizable tour, thus, we can include other towns as well, or spend more time in places that interest you the most.
The tour ends in Athens, where you will be arriving late in the afternoon.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed