The four days classical bus tour in Greece is one of the most comprehensive tours in Greece, and hence, one of the most popular ones, since it takes you to sites of great significance for the Greek civilization and its history.
Itinerary of the 4 days classical bus tour in Greece
Athens – Corinth Canal – Mycenae – Epidaurus – Nauplion – Olympia – Delphi – Meteora – Athens
Highlights of the 4 days classical Greece bus tour
- A tour in the Greek history and culture
- Cross the beautiful South and Central Greece
- Visit sites of immense importance to the entire world
- Hassle free, comfortable trip with a bus, including entrance fee, tour guide, hotel, breakfast, dinner
Description of the 4 days classical bus tour in Greece
DAY 1. Athens, Corinth Canal, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Nafplion, Olympia
In the morning you will depart from Athens and enjoy the first stop for a coffee break at the Canal of Corinth that connects the Ionian with the Aegean Sea. Our bus tour will continue with a visit to Mycenae, where you will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lions Gate and the Tomb of King Agamemnon. Next stop at Epidaurus and its ancient Theater, known worldwide for its great acoustics. The air-conditioned bus will then bring you to the picturesque town of Nafplion for a short stop and visit to the lovely cobblestone streets. After Nafplion you will drive through the area of Arkadia in Central Peloponnese, before arriving at Ancient Olympia, the site of the Olympic Games.
Dinner and overnight in Olympia.
DAY 2. Olympia, Delphi
Early in the morning we will head to the site of the Olympic Games, where you will see the original race track and the site where the athletes competed during the games, as well as the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus and the museum of the Olympic Games. Departure for Delphi with the bus driving you through Patras, the capital of the Peloponnese. We will be crossing the new bridge from Rio to Antirion and we will pass by the beautiful seaside town of Nafpaktos (Lepanto), making a stop at the seaside areas of either Galaxidi or Itea. We will arrive in Delphi late in the afternoon.
Dinner and overnight in Delphi.
DAY 3. Delphi, Kalambaka
This morning we will visit the Museum of Delphi with the famous bronze Charioteer, the statue of Antinoos and the athlete Aghias, and the impressive archaeological site of Delphi with the open theater and the great views to Itea Bay. After the sightseeing tour in Delphi we will depart for Kalambaka and Meteora, driving through the city of Lamia and passing by numerous picturesque villages and small towns of Central Greece. Overnight in Kalambaka.
DAY 4. Meteora, Thermopylae, Athens
The fourth day of the tour in Greece will take you to the spectacular complex of Meteora, where you will visit the well-known Byzantine Monasteries constructed on top of huge rocks, in the 11th century, which seem to be suspended in mid-air. You will have plenty of time to visit the monasteries of Meteora, before returning to Athens via Trikala, Lamia and Thermopylae, where you will see the monument of King Leonidas of Sparta and his 300 men.
We will arrive in Athens in the evening.
N.B. Please ladies for the visit of the Monastery you need a skirt and the gentlemen long trousers. Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels, from our terminal around 19.30 hrs.
According to the new law a CITY TAX for the hotel overnights is effective from January 1st 2018 and it is NOT included in our excursion rates. Clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels. The amount per overnight per room is: 5* hotel=4€ | 4* hotel=3€ | 3* hotel=1,50€.
From November 1st 2019 all children from the age of 6 (six) who are coming from non E.U. countries will have to pay the full rate of the entrance fee for the Museums and the Archaeological sites. For children coming from E.U. countries status, rates remain the same but It is very important to have their passport with in order to prove their nationality.
- Organized Shared Bus Tour
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed by the state bilingual tour Guide
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites and museums
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up from most of hotels in Athens
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, & Dinner), for multiple day tours only
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Terms & Conditions & FAQ>
- Hotels used during multiple - day shared bus tours
- Pick up hotel list in Athens for shared bus tours
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. In case of limited participation, your tour will be diverted to one of our partners and vise versa.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Price: April to October:
- Half board First class 612,00 € per person and Child 390€ from age 6 (Six)
- Half board tourist class 539,00 € per person and Child 360€ from age 6 (Six)
- Supplement for Single First class 156,00 €
- Supplement for Single Tourist class 126,00 €
Price: November to March
- Half board First class 584,00 € per person and Child 390€ from age 6 (Six)
- Supplement for Single First class 156,00 €
The above rates do not include the New “City TAX” for overnights in hotels. The accommodation Tax will be payable by the guests prior to their check-out as following: 5* hotel: 4,00 € per overnight per room, 4* hotel: 3,00 € per overnight per room, 3* hotel: 1,50 € per overnight per room.
April to October
- Every Monday from 6/4 to 26/10
- Every Tuesday from 7/4 to 27/10
- Every Saturday from 4/4 to 24/10
- Thursdays only the following dates : 23/04 – 07/05 – 16/05 – 28/05 – 11/06 – 25/06 – 02/07 – 16/07 – 06/08 – 20/08 – 10/09 – 17/09 – 24/09 & 01/10
November to March
- Every Monday First Class only
- In December on Saturdays only the following dates: 21/12/2019 and 28/12/2019
- In March on Saturdays only the following date: 21/03/2020
Dep. 08.45 – Ret. 19.00 (4th day)