The afternoon sightseeing tour in Athens by bus including a guided visit to the Acropolis, offers you an excellent chance to explore the city of Athens, visiting its most important archaeological sites, but also getting a glimpse of the important modern aspect of the city, which is vibrant and alive as few in Europe.
What you will see during this sightseeing tour in Athens and Acropolis
Panathenaic Stadium – Temple of Zeus – Hadrian’s Gate – National Gallery – National Archaeological Museum – Open Market – Syntagma Square – Tomb of the Unknown Soldier – House of Parliament – Triad of Marble buildings in Panepistimiou Avenue – Presidential Residence – the Acropolis
Highlights of the Athens + Acropolis bus tour
- A comfortable and convenient afternoon city tour of Athens 15:00 – 18:30
- A luxury air-conditioned bus for your city tour
- A professional tour guide, with an air-conditioned bus, including entrance fees
- A guided tour of the Acropolis and the Parthenon of Athens
Description of the sightseeing tour in Athens by bus
The Athens Sightseeing tour by motor coach is a 4 hr 45 min. tour that will bring you to the best parts of Athens, combining the known archaeological sites of Athens with the modern parts of the city.
This shared bus tour will start from the Panathenaic stadium, also known as the Kallimarmaron stadium of Athens. It is the place where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896.
After a short visit and pictures, the tour will take you towards the main avenues of down-town Athens, where you can see the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch, that is the border between the modern and ancient city.
On the route, you will also see the Syntagma Square, which is one of the central squares of Athens; here stands the Parliament, the National Gardens and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Further down Panepistimiou Avenue you will have the chance to admire the three gorgeous neo classical buildings of Athens, the National Gallery, the Academy of Arts and the University of Athens.
You will reach Omonoia Square and then pass by the National Archaeological Museum of Athens, the Polytechnic School of Athens, before reaching the Acropolis.
The Acropolis is definitely the most important monument of the city, and is nothing short of its crowning feature.
The Acropolis stands on the Holy Rock of Athens that you will have the chance to explore, passing by the Propylaea and moving towards the Temple of Athena Nike, Erechteion and Parthenon, which was built 2.500 years ago, in the 5th century BC.
We would suggest to combine the tour to the Acropolis with a visit to the new Acropolis Museum, on your own, to get a complete idea of the marbles of the Parthenon and the other important artefacts and statues from that time.
The tour is available all year round ONLY Mondays.
N. B. Clients staying at the coast will be transferred back to their hotels with the Cape Sounion Tour bus.
According to the new law a CITY TAX for the hotel overnights is effective from January 1st 2018 and it is NOT included in our excursion rates. Clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels. The amount per overnight per room is: 5* hotel=4€ | 4* hotel=3€ | 3* hotel=1,50€.
From November 1st 2019 all children from the age of 6 (six) who are coming from non E.U. countries will have to pay the full rate of the entrance fee for the Museums and the Archaeological sites. For children coming from E.U. countries status, rates remain the same but It is very important to have their passport with in order to prove their nationality.
- Organized Shared Bus Tour
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed by the state bilingual tour Guide
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites and museums
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up from most of hotels in Athens
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, & Dinner), for multiple day tours only
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Terms & Conditions & FAQ>
- Hotels used during multiple - day shared bus tours
- Pick up hotel list in Athens for shared bus tours
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. In case of limited participation, your tour will be diverted to one of our partners and vise versa.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
From May to October Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Dep. 15.00 – Ret. 18.30
Price: 65,00 € per adult & 38,00€ per child EU, Non EU Child 55€ from age 6 (Six).