Poseidon’s Adventure-Cape Sounion and Athens Riviera 4 H Private Tour; Experience the best of the coastal part of Athens and enjoy a private sightseeing tour to Cape Sounion with the half-day tour to Sounion and the coast of Athens (Athens Riviera).
Itinerary of the Poseidon’s Cape Sounion and Athens Riviera 4 H Private Tour
Athens – Glyfada – Vouliagmeni – Varkiza, and Sounion
Highlights of the half-day tour to Cape Sounion and Athens Riviera
- 4 -hours tour to south Athens and Sounion
- Visit the modern coastal suburbs of Athens, such as Glyfada and Varkiza
- Visit Sounion, the Temple of Poseidon, and the classical sites of coastal Athens, Greece
- The tour combines the archaeological sites with the modern parts of the city
- Experienced English speaking driver
- Pickup and drop off from Athens hotel or cruise ship pier
Description of the Poseidon’s Adventure-Cape Sounion and Athens Riviera 4 H Private Tour
The half-day tour to Cape Sounion and the coast of Athens starts from your hotel or the cruise pier. The driver will take you along the beautiful coastal road of Athens that leads to the Southern Suburbs of Athens, Glyfada, and Vouliagmeni.
You will stop for a short visit to Lake Vouliagmeni, which is a unique phenomenon, as it is a lake in the city that allows swimming. Its unique characteristic is that its temperature remains the same all year long, at 22C. No matter when you visit it, you can swim and feel rejuvenated.
After the stop at Vouliagmeni, the tour will take you towards the cοves of Varkiza which are not only interesting but also offer splendid views towards the Saronic Gulf.
The highlight of the private tour is of course Cape Sounion, which is considered one of the most beautiful and important archaeological sites in Greece. The crowning feature of the site is the Temple of Poseidon, the God of the Sea which allows you to admire the entire coast of the southern suburbs.
You will also get to take some truly gorgeous pictures since the Temple overlooks the blue waters of the Aegean Sea, which is definitely one of the most impressive sceneries in the world.
If you find yourself at Cape Sounion during the afternoon you will also get to see a breathtaking view of the romantic sunset at Sounion.
Athens Tours Greece can take you to Cape Sounion just before the sun dips into the deep waters of the Aegean Sea. As most visitors of Cape Sounion will tell you, this is definitely one of the most thrilling moments in your life: check our Sunset tour to Sounion
At the end of the half-day tour, you will also enjoy a lovely lunch or dinner.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed