6 days / 5 nights Athens, Cape Sounion, One day cruise, Delphi, Meteora, Thermopylae
Enjoy Athens with its many wonders through the ages, the 3 island of the Saronic golf, Peloponnese with its beautiful land scape, history and myths.
Highlights of the “Dionysus” 6 Days Vacation Package Greece
- 6-days unique Greece
- Visit Athens the birth place of western civilization
- Visit the 3 Saronic island Hydra, Poros, Aegina
- The UNESCO’ world heritage unique Meteora
Description of the”Dionysus” Vacation Package
Day 1st: Arrival in Athens
Arrival in Athens and Transfer to your hotel, Accommodation and Half day cape Sounion. Depending on the period you can choose a morning or a sunset tour.
Tour description: Driving with Athens Tour Greece along the coastal road past the wonderful beaches of GLYFADA, VOULIAGMENI, visit the Vouliagmeni lake, VARKIZA and countless coves, one of them has a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf.
A crowning feature of the tour Cape SOUNION, dominated by the spectacular 5th century B.C Temple of Poseidon overlooking the Aegean Sea, with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world.
Day 2nd: Athens
Pick-up from our hotel to start the City tour of Athens early in the morning inducing the new Acropolis museum.
Tour description: This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Our expert guides take you to see the center of the CONSTITUTION SQUARE (Syntagma), the HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT, the MEMORIAL to the UNKNOWN SOLDIER and the NATIONAL LIBRARY.
Driving down Herod Atticus street, you will see the Evzones in their picturesque uniform and the PRESIDENTIAL PALACE. On your way to the Acropolis, you will see the Hadrian’s Arch, visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and you will make a short stop at the PANATHENAIC STADIUM (where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896).
On the ACROPOLIS visit the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the PROPYLAEA, the TEMPLE of ATHENA NIKE, the ERECHTHEION and finally, “the harmony between material and spirit”, the monument that “puts order in the mind”, the PARTHENON.
Day 3rd: Athens One day cruise with lunch visiting Hydra, Poros, Aegina
Pick-up from your hotel early in the morning, transfer to the port to take the tour one day cruise. Return around 19 hrs.
AEGINA: The biggest island of the Saronic Gulf inhabited as from the 2nd mil. B.C. with two important archaeological sites, a large cathedral dedicated to St. Nectarios the last canonized Saint of the Greek Orthodox Church, a wonderful fish market, a unique fruit floating market, and an economy based on pistachio nuts.
Why don’t you join the optional shore excursion and learn about the history of this fascinating island? This guided bus tour takes us to the early fifth century B.C. Doric Temple of Afaia, built on the top of the hill offering a magnificent view. Then proceed to the grandiose cathedral of St. Nectarios where his relics are kept. Free time to wander around the little harbour at the south-west part of the island for an “ouzo” Snacks – Events – Surprises!
POROS: The smallest of the three islands, covered with pine and lemon trees, situated very close to the Peloponesian peninsula. Enjoy a beautiful walk up to the clock tower and admire the panorama.
HYDRA: The “smartest” of the Greek islands, the favorite resort of the international Jet-Set, the unique architecture of its houses, the pedestrian, narrow streets full of boutiques, exclusive jewelry and handicrafts, attracts both shoppers and photographers. The crystal clear waters will refresh the swimmer.
Day 4th: Delphi, Meteora
Athens tours will travel you through fertile plain of Beotia, crossing the towns of Thebes connected with the tragedy of King Oedipus – Levadia and Arachova. Finally you will arrive with Athens tours at Delphi the center of the Ancient World – the Navel of the Earth.
Visit the Museum containing such masterpieces of ancient Greek sculpture as the famous bronze Charioteer, and the statue of athlete Aghias. Feel the mystery in the Temple of Apollo where Pythia was seated giving out her predictions of the future. Experience and see the Castalia spring with the two monumental fountains receiving water from the spring for the last 3000 years. After two hours at leisure in Delphi, “the Navel of the Earth”, will continue for Kalambaka driving through the city of Lamia, and passing by numerous picturesque villages and small towns of Central Greece. Overnight in Kalambaka.
Day 5th: Meteora, Thermopylae, Athens
Today Athens tours will will drive you to visit of the well-known Meteora with its Byzantine Monasteries constructed on top of huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air.
Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae (visit the Leonida’s Monument) and Kammena Vourla. In the afternoon return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae (visit the Leonida’s Monument), and Kammena Vourla.
Arrive in Athens in the evening. Overnight.
Day 6th: Athens
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Athens
- 1 nights hotel accommodation in Meteora
- All transfers as mentioned
- Daily breakfast
- All taxes
- Vacation / Holiday package
- Sightseeing sailing (for packages include islands)
- All ferry tickets are calculated on economy class, without cabin.
- Hotels, pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Round trip transfers (Port – Hotel –Port) on each Island are included (Shared).
- An English speaking tour drive, with good knowledge of the Greek history and culture (for private tours)
- Road tolls, All taxes, and handling charges
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum €150,00). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary.
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at “Terms-Conditions”.
- Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in your country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Departure Time: Departure as per our program
- Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
- The order of visiting the islands can be changed according to the traffic and weather conditions.
- All boat schedules given in regards with Greek island packages can be adjusted according to clients wishes, while all mentioned times serve mainly as a reference to the most convenient boat schedule.
- Accommodation on the islands is based according to availability .
- Any part of the trips operated by ferry can be substituted by air sectors at an extra cost, according to availability.
- Packages description for the economy of time and space, includes only the services offered and occasionally a few suggestions.
- Specific information about every suggested destination can be found separately.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed