6 days / 5 nights – Athens, Cape Sounion, One day cruise, Argolis, Olympia
Enjoy Athens with its many wonders through the ages, the 3 islands of the Saronic Gulf, Peloponnese with its beautiful landscape, history, and myths.
Highlights of ‘Dangerous Artemis’ 6 Explosive Days Vacation Package Greece
- 6-days amazing Greece
- Visit Athens birthplace of western civilization
- Visit the 3 island Hydra, Poros, Aegina
- The most sacred place of antiquity, Delphi
Description of the ‘Dangerous Artemis’ Vacation Package
Day 1st: Athens
Arrive in Athens and transfer to your hotel, Accommodation, and Half-day Cape Sounion. Depending on the period you can choose a morning or a sunset tour.
Tour description: Driving with Athens Tour Greece along the coastal road past the wonderful beaches of GLYFADA, VOULIAGMENI, visit the Vouliagmeni lake, VARKIZA, and countless coves, one of them has a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf.
A crowning feature of the tour Cape SOUNION, dominated by the spectacular 5th century B.C Temple of Poseidon overlooking the Aegean Sea, with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world.
Return to Athens to end one of the most pictures tours
Day 2nd: Athens
Pick-up from our hotel to start the City tour of Athens early in the morning inducing the new Acropolis museum.
Tour description: This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Our expert guides take you to see the center of the CONSTITUTION SQUARE (Syntagma), the HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT, the MEMORIAL to the UNKNOWN SOLDIER, and the NATIONAL LIBRARY.
Driving down Herod Atticus street, you will see the Evzones in their picturesque uniform and the PRESIDENTIAL PALACE. On your way to the Acropolis, you will see the Hadrian’s Arch, visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and you will make a short stop at the PANATHENAIC STADIUM (where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896).
On the ACROPOLIS visit the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the PROPYLAEA, the TEMPLE of ATHENA NIKE, the ERECHTHEION and finally, “the harmony between material and spirit”, the monument that “puts the order in the mind”, the PARTHENON. Overnight in Athens.
Day 3rd: Athens One day cruise Hydra, Poros, Aegina
Pick-up from your hotel early in the morning, transfer to the port to take the tour one day cruise. Return around 19 hrs.
The biggest island of the Saronic Gulf inhabited as from the 2nd mil. B.C. with two important archaeological sites, a large cathedral dedicated to St. Nectarios the last canonized Saint of the Greek Orthodox Church, a wonderful fish market, a unique fruit floating market, and an economy based on pistachio nuts.
Why don’t you join the optional shore excursion and learn about the history of this fascinating island? This guided bus tour takes us to the early fifth century B.C. Doric Temple of Afaia, built on the top of the hill offering a magnificent view. Then proceed to the grandiose cathedral of St. Nectarios where his relics are kept. Free time to wander around the little harbor at the south-west part of the island for an “ouzo” Snacks – Events – Surprises!
The smallest of the three islands, covered with pine and lemon trees, situated very close to the Peloponnesian peninsula. Enjoy a beautiful walk up to the clock tower and admire the panorama.
The “smartest” of the Greek islands, the favorite resort of the international Jet-Set, the unique architecture of its houses, the pedestrian, narrow streets full of boutiques, exclusive jewelry, and handicrafts, attracts both shoppers and photographers. The crystal clear waters will refresh the swimmer. Overnight in Athens.
Day 4th: Athens, Argolis, Olympia
In the morning you will depart from your hotel with Athens tours and the first stop for a coffee break at the Canal of Corinth. Our Athens tours by coach tour will continue to Mycenae for visiting the famous Palace, the Lions Gate, and the Tomb of King Agamemnon. Next stop at Epidaurus for visiting the Ancient Theatre. Athens tours will be passing by the Bay of Nauplion, we will the picturesque town of Nauplion and driving through the Central Peloponnese, Arcadia, as well as the towns of Tripoli and Megalopolis, arrive in Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games.
Dinner and overnight in Olympia.
DAY 5th: Olympia, Athens
You will have the opportunity in ancient Olympia to visit the ancient Olympic stadium, the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, and the museum. After lunch, we will depart for Athens arriving late in the afternoon.
Day 6th: Athens /Transfer
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Athens
- 1 nights hotel accommodation in Olympia
- All transfers as mentioned
- Daily breakfast
- All taxes
- Vacation / Holiday package
- Sightseeing sailing (for packages include islands)
- All ferry tickets are calculated on economy class, without cabin.
- Hotels, pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Round trip transfers (Port – Hotel –Port) on each Island are included (Shared).
- An English speaking tour drive, with good knowledge of the Greek history and culture (for private tours)
- Road tolls, All taxes, and handling charges
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum €150,00). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary.
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at “Terms-Conditions”.
- Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in your country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Departure Time: Departure as per our program
- Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
- The order of visiting the islands can be changed according to the traffic and weather conditions.
- All boat schedules given in regards with Greek island packages can be adjusted according to clients wishes, while all mentioned times serve mainly as a reference to the most convenient boat schedule.
- Accommodation on the islands is based according to availability .
- Any part of the trips operated by ferry can be substituted by air sectors at an extra cost, according to availability.
- Packages description for the economy of time and space, includes only the services offered and occasionally a few suggestions.
- Specific information about every suggested destination can be found separately.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed