Welcome to the World’s famous cosmopolitan island of the Aegean sea! Mykonos is a whitewashed paradise in the heart of the Cyclades islands. “Mykonos” grandson of Apollo who gave its name to the island and according to mythology, Mykonos was formed from the petrified bodies of giants killed by Hercules. A journey to Mykonos is to discover a fascinating world where glamour meets simplicity, celebrities, college students, and families.
Highlights of Mykonos, the pearl of the Aegean 4-h private shore excursion
- 4-hours private tour of Cosmopolitan and serene Mykonos island
- Combines Mykonos’ modern and classical sites guided by our experts
- Explore the wonders of the island
- The worlds famous celebrities
- Professional English-speaking tour driver
- Pickup and drop off at your cruise ship pier or your hotel in Mykonos
Are you arriving on Mykonos on a Cruise ship? Our Athens Tour Greece experts have designed with the help of our clients and our experience, just the perfect private shore excursion for you in order to benefit the outmost possible from your time to discover the famous around the world island of Mykonos.
Our driver and your personal chauffeur holding a nameplate with your name on will pick you up at your cruise ship pier,
where your private tour starts. Drive towards the city of Mykonos to walk with your guide the small and narrow streets, experience the local market, harbor front, pirate alleys, Little Venice area, windmills, and Paraportiani church, and take some of the nicest photographs. Do NOT miss to find the famous “Petros The Pelican”, the mascot of Mykonos.
Next to our private shore excursion is to admire the most picturesque bays, famous beaches, and Ano Mera with the 6th-century monastery “Panagia Tourliani”.
You will see fishermen and kaikis, small private chapels, and houses built in typical Cycladic snow with style.
It’s time to move for lunch and leisure at a nice sandy beach, like Kalafatis. Try some of the traditional Cycladic food specialties (not included in the price), Swim and relax
Return to your cruise ship pier for embarkation.
Book now your private tour or shore excursion using our online and real-time booking engine and receive all documents and meeting instructions online.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed