Priene, home of an important temple of Athena. Drive now into Miletos, which holds the amazing 4 ports in a strategic location on the west coast of Asia Minor made Miletos a major player in the commerce of the ancient world. Didyma, where the largest Temple of Apollo resides in Anatolia, is known to be one of the most sacred places of antiquity and the ancient Greek world.
Itinerary: Priene and Miletos Ancient Cities, Didyma ( Temple of Apollo )
Highlights of A 6-hour private tour 2 Priene, Miletos, Temple of Apollo in Didyma
- A private tour from Kusadası Approx 6 hours and Approx 7 hours from Izmir
- Discover Ephesus Ancient City
- Enjoy a traditional Turkish bath
- Specially designed for cruise passengers, Transfer from/to the port
- English-speaking tour guide
Description of A private tour 2 Priene, Miletos, Temple of Apollo in Didyma
We will pick you up at the port and drive you to Priene, which occupies a dramatic position overlooking the Meander Valley and plain, home of an important temple of Athena. See the important ruins of the city and see the House of Alexander the Great.
Drive now into Miletos, which holds the amazing 4 ports in a strategic location on the west coast of Asia Minor made Miletos a major player in the commerce of the ancient world. One of St. Paul’s stops was Miletus on his Third Missionary Journey. According to Acts 20:16-38, Paul was on his way back to Jerusalem, and in a hurry because he wanted to reach the holy city by the day of Pentecost. The Minoan from Crete in 1.400BC and the Mycenaean from Peloponnese were the first inhabited Miletos along with the distinction of being the hometown of several well-known Philosophers and sages. There are many well-preserved ruins to see, including a Temple of Artemis, a Byzantine church, and an important inscription relating to Jews. Miletos also preserves a spectator theater that you’ll be able to enjoy visiting.
Finally, you’ll be driven to Didyma, where the largest Temple of Apollo resides in Anatolia, it is known to be one of the most sacred places of the antiquity and the ancient Greek world. Didyma means “twin” and refers to the twin’s Apollo and Artemis, who was born of Zeus and Leto. Its famous oracle and Temple of Apollo attracts crowds of pilgrims and was second in importance after the oracle in Delphi. The magnificent ruins of Apollo still attract thousands of visitors every year and are one of the most popular tourist destinations in Turkey.
Drive back to your cruise ship port where our private shore excursion ends.
- Shore Excursion
- Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional English speaking guide licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Non-Smoking, air conditioned vehicle and professional driver
- Pick-up from and return to the hotel
- Pick-up from/to the Port
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Any Drinks
- Tip to Guide and Driver
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions & F.A.Q
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
SPECIAL OFFER: This Ephesus tour includes lunch, only if you start from Kusadasi port