Ancient Ephesus 30km away from Kusadasi: the port of Ephesus was the most important commercial center and the trade center of the ancient world. Ephesus was the religious center of early Christianity and today and an important tourism center in Turkey. Ephesus played a great role in ancient times with its strategic location as it’s located on a very fertile valley.
Itinerary: House of the Virgin Mary, Ephesus Ancient City and the Temple of Artemis (Diana)
Highlights of Explore Stunning Ephesus the capital of the ancient world in a 6-hour private shore excursion
- A majestic form Kusadası Approx 6 hours private tour and Approx 7 hours from Izmir
- Visit Ephesus Ancient City
- Explore the House of the Virgin Mary
- Specially designed for cruise passengers, Transfer from/to the port
- English-speaking tour guide
Description of the tour
We’ll pick you up at the port and your guide will drive you to the House of the Virgin Mary on the top of the beautiful Solmissos Mountains. Here it is believed that Mary spent her last living days.
Drive next to the Ancient City of Ephesus. Here enjoy a downhill walk into the ruins of the Roman capital. Your guide and route lead you past the Bouleuterion, Temple of Domitian, Hercules Gate, Temple of Hadrian, The Celsus Library, and The Great Theater.
It’s time to drive to the Temple of Artemis (Diana), one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
Allow us to introduce you to the local cultural aspects of Ephesus by showing handmade Carpet & rug Art done through traditional weaving in the Teaching Village and you’ll enjoy many of Ephesus Ceramics as well.
- Entrance fees
- Professional English speaking guide licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Non-Smoking, air-conditioned vehicle and professional driver
- Parking Fees
- Pick up and drop off
- Any Drinks
- Tip to Guide and Driver
SPECIAL OFFER: This Ephesus tour includes lunch, only if you start from Kusadasi port
- If you would like to visit the Terrace Houses (Slope Houses) where the richest Romans lived from 1th to 7th AD. It costs 15 $ extra per person includes entrance fees and guiding service.
- Houses are considered today as the biggest puzzle of the world and located on Curetes Street among the ruins of Ephesus.