Situated just 30km from the port city of Kusadasi, lies the legendary Ancient Ephesus. This bustling hub served as the cornerstone of trade and commerce in the ancient world. Beyond its economic prowess, Ephesus also held great significance as a religious epicenter for early Christianity. Today, it continues to thrive as a top tourist destination in Turkey. Its strategic placement in a lush, fertile valley only adds to its historical significance in ancient times.
Itinerary: House of the Virgin Mary, Ephesus Ancient City and the Temple of Artemis (Diana)
Highlights of Explore Stunning Ephesus the capital of the ancient world in a 6-hour private shore excursion
- Experience the grandeur of a private 6-hour tour of Kusadası or 7-hour tour from Izmir.
- Immerse yourself in history at Ephesus Ancient City and discover the sacred House of the Virgin Mary.
- This exclusive tour is perfect for cruise passengers, with convenient port transfers and a knowledgeable English-speaking guide.
Description of the tour
Get ready for an unforgettable journey as we pick you up at the port and whisk you away to the House of the Virgin Mary, nestled atop the breathtaking Solmissos Mountains. This sacred spot is said to be where Mary spent her last days on Earth. But the adventure doesn’t end there – hop back in the car and get ready to explore the legendary Ancient City of Ephesus.
With your knowledgeable guide at the helm, you’ll embark on a downhill walk through the remarkable ruins of this Roman capital. Along the way, you’ll pass by spectacular landmarks such as the Bouleuterion, Temple of Domitian, Hercules Gate, Temple of Hadrian, The Celsus Library, and The Great Theater. Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime!
Prepare to embark on a journey to the Temple of Artemis (also known as Diana), an awe-inspiring structure that has earned its place among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
As you make your way there, we’ll immerse you in the vibrant culture of Ephesus by showcasing the intricate art of handmade Carpet & rug weaving in the Teaching Village. And be sure to indulge in the many exquisite offerings of Ephesus Ceramics. We guarantee an unforgettable experience!
- Entrance fees
- Professional English speaking guide licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Non-Smoking, air-conditioned vehicle and professional driver
- Parking Fees
- Pick up and drop off
- Any Drinks
- Tip to Guide and Driver
SPECIAL OFFER: This Ephesus tour includes lunch, only if you start from Kusadasi port
- If you would like to visit the Terrace Houses (Slope Houses) where the richest Romans lived from 1th to 7th AD. It costs 15 $ extra per person includes entrance fees and guiding service.
- Houses are considered today as the biggest puzzle of the world and located on Curetes Street among the ruins of Ephesus.