Walking Through Time & Taste
Take a magnificent walk, explore villages with centuries of history, taste the flavors of the Greek Cuisine, and let your senses guide you. This tour is designed to offer you a chance to experience Santorini, away from the hustle and bustle.
Tour Highlights of Santorini Walking Tour And Wine Tasting
- Walking guided tour through two of the most scenic villages of Santorini
- Visit to a winery for a session wine tasting of volcanic wines
- See where grapes, cherry tomatoes and fava beans grow
- Learn about the Mediterranean diet and its value
- Cook traditional Greek recipes, and have lunch overlooking the Aegean Sea
- Starts: 10:00 am
- Available: Upon Request – Private tour or Semi Private tour
- Duration: Approximately 5 hours / 2.5 km/1,5 miles of walking
Join us for a journey through the Venetian past of Santorini, exploring Pyrgos village and its historic castle.
Follow the path to the beautiful abandoned village of Mesa Gonia, where time stands still. Visit a family owned winery to taste amazing volcanic wines and walk through an amazing art space.
Last but not least we will take you to a local restaurant where you will take cooking lessons from our Chef on authentic Greek recipes,you will cook your own meal using the finest local ingredients and in turn sit to enjoy a full 6-course menu overlooking the Aegean Sea.
COOKING CLASS MENU
Salad (2 people sharing)
Santorini’s traditional salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, green peppers, caper, olives, local traditional cheese, onions, rocks of rusk and extra virgin olive oil
Starters (2 people sharing)
Santorini’s fava beans with capers, fresh onions and extra virgin olive oil & Traditional fried tomato balls dressed with yogurt and dill sauce & Shrimps “saganaki” with tomato and feta cheese sauce
Main (per person)
Pork tenderloin flavored with rosemary, dressed with vinsanto sauce Served with grilled vegetables topped with vinaigrette of aged balsamic and pepper seeds mustard
Dessert (per person)
* Crème brûlée flavored with fresh vanilla and topped with burned demerara sugar or Cheese cake with forest fruit jam
* All desserts are not prepared by the guests
Notes: Bottled water and bread included / Beverages not included
Vegetarian options available / Please advise of any allergies
Join us to a journey designed exclusively by Athens Tours Greece to reveal the majestic aura of Santorini, and live it like a local!
- Guided walking tour through the two traditional villages of Pyrgos & Mesa Gonia
- Visit to a winery and wine tasting session of 4 unique volcanic wines
- Cooking lessons from our Chef
- Cooking lessons certificate
- Descriptions of all recipes
- A full 6 course menu prepared by the guests
- Round trip transfers from and to your hotel
- Private tours available on request