Spectacular North Greece. A deferment site of Greece. Discover its beauties of north Greece, and meet with ancient legends and history through the eyes of our local tour driver, visiting together in 7 days tour to Delphi, Macedonia, and Thrace of Northern Greece
Itinerary of the 7-days tour to Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki, Kavala, and Thasos
Athens, Levadia, Delphi, Arachova, Kalambaka, Amphisa, Lamia, Trikala, Meteora, byzantine monasteries of Meteora, Vergina, Dion, Thessaloniki, Kavala, Thasos, Athens
Highlights of the Dreamy Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki Kavala Thasos 7-d tour
- Delphi, an important place in the ancient world
- Meteora, the high rocks with its byzantine monasteries standing between earth and sky, protected site by UNESCO
- The capital city of northern Greece, Thessaloniki, named after Alexanders the great sister
- Visit the cities of the Macedonian Empire in North Greece
- Experience the captivating island of Thasos
- Let our experts lead you in the exciting world of north Greece, and enjoy seven relaxing and comfortable days.
Description of the tour to Delphi, Meteora, and Northern Greece
Day 1: Athens, Levadia, Arachova, Delphi, Amphissa, Lamia, Trikala, Meteora
Athens Tours Greece will drive us through LEVADIA and ARACHOVA (famous for its bright multi-colored carpets). Our private tour continues arriving in DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. Visit the Delphi Museum where one can see among other archaeological treasures, the unique bronze Charioteer, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian treasury. In Delphi visit the Temple of Apollo. Lunch in Delphi or Arachova a picturesque mountain village, the jet-set of the winter, built on the south slopes of Parnassus. In the afternoon we continue this private tour departing for KALAMBAKA, the city that hosts Meteora. Drive through the towns of Central Greece (AMPHISSA, LAMIA, and TRIKALA) crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach KALAMBAKA late in the afternoon. We will overnight by the feet of breathtaking Meteora.
Day 2: Meteora, Tempi valley, Katerini, Thessaloniki
Our private tour continues, in the morning visit of the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks. After lunch your Athens Tours Greece tour driver will start to drive to Thessaloniki through the towns of Tempi Mountains, Katerini to reach late in the afternoon Thessaloniki the capital of north Greece. On arrival, transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight
The monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
- The Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but honored to Saint Barbara.
- The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
Day 3: Thessaloniki, Pella, Vergina, Veria
Our private tour will continue in the morning drive to PELLA, Alexander the Great capital. Continue our visit to VERGINA the tomb of the KING PHILLIP and the famous ‘’VERGINA TREASURES’’ We’ll take now the way to Kavala passing through THESSALONIKI via VERIA. In the afternoon arrive in Kavala. Dinner and overnight
Day 4: Kavala, the small Monte Carlo.
Today Athens Tours Greece will take us to KAVALA. A POLE OF ATTRACTION!!! Writers & travelers have given to KAVALA the characterization of «the small Monte Carlο. » And they weren’t wrong. The amphitheatrically of the city, the prefecture of Kavala is for the tourist, a pole of attraction for its 2,500 years of history, the harmonious coexistence of modern with the old, the combination of the mountain with the sea, the varied cultural events, which are held in modern and ancient theaters and the chances for several excursions to such places as in the nearby bright green island of Thassos and the archaeological area of Philippi. It has always been a crossroads of culture and a stop for great travelers and army leaders, from Philip II, Alexander the Great and Mark Antony to Apostle Paul comes to Neapoli to preach the Christian faith in Europe. Additionally, we can visit the castles & the museums (Archaeological Museum, Municipal Museum, The castle of Kavala, The citadel at Philippi, The castle at Palaiochori.
Overnight in Kavala
Day 5: Thasos Island
In the morning we drive to the port of Kavala, to take the ferry to Thasos Island. We’ll visit the archaeological museum, the ancient agora and the ancient theater where in July and August lots of events take place. We’ll walk in the beautiful port of the city. After we’ll drive around to see the unique beauty of the Island landscape and swim in one of the many very beautiful beaches of this North Aegean Ireland. In the afternoon we’ll take the ferry back to Kavala.
Overnight in Kavala.
Day 6: Kavala, Thessaloniki, Dion, Katerini
After breakfast, Athens Tours Greece will drive us to Katerini through Thessaloniki and the famous sacred Macedonian town of DION.
Overnight in Katerini
Day 7: Katerini, Tempi valley, Thermopylae, Athens
After breakfast will drive back to Athens through the Tempi mountains, the towns of Central Greece crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, Larisa, and visit Thermopylae, (hot gates) where Lemonades and the 300 brave Spartans gave the famous battle against the millions of Persians.
We will arrive in Athens late in the afternoon.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed