The 6 days tour in central and north Greece is one of the most exciting experiences you can have during your vacation as a tourist because it gives you the opportunity to visit some of the famous parts of Greece. You will experience an adventure through the ancients and modern Greece in a comfortable way, with a luxurious vehicle and your private expert English-speaking tour driver.
Itinerary of the Six days Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki, and Kavala Greece private tour
Delphi tours – Meteora tours – Kalambaka tours – Thessaloniki tours – Kavala tours – Greece tours
Highlights of the 6 fascinating days tour to emerging central and north Greece
- The famous oracle of Delphi
- The unique Meteora
- Thessaloniki Alexander’s the great sister
- Amphitheattrical Kavala, the gem of north Greece
Day 1: Athens, Livadia, Arachova, Delphi, Amphisa, Lamia, Trikala, Meteora
Athens Tours Greece will drive us through LEVADIA and ARACHOVA, famous for its bright multi-colored carpets. Our private tour continues arriving in DELPHI, the ancient sanctuary of Apollo. Visit the Delphi Museum where one can see among other archaeological treasures, the unique bronze Charioteer, then proceed through the sacred way to the Athenian treasury. In Delphi visit the Temple of Apollo. Lunch in Delphi or Arachova a picturesque mountain village, the jet-set of the winter, built on the south slopes of Parnassus. In the afternoon we continue this private tour departing with Athens Tour Greece for KALAMBAKA. Drive through the towns of Central Greece (AMPHISSA, LAMIA, and TRIKALA) crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach KALAMBAKA late in the afternoon. We will overnight by the feet of breathtaking Meteora.
The monasteries of Meteora are:
- The Monastery of Great Meteoron. It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries.
- The Monastery of Varlaam is the second, after the Great Meteoro, big in size monastery.
- The Monastery of Rousanou. It is dedicated to ‘The Transfiguration’ but honored to Saint Barbara.
- The Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas. It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora.
- The Monastery of St. Stephen. It is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it.
- The Monastery of Holy Trinity is very difficult to reach. The visitor has to cross the valley and continue high up through the rock before we arrive outside the entrance.
Day 2: Meteora, Tempi valley, Katerini, Thessaloniki
Our private tour continues with Athens Tours Greece private drive, taking you in the morning to visit the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks. After lunch Athens Tours Greece will start the drive to Thessaloniki through the towns of Tempi mountains, Katerini to reach late in the afternoon Thessaloniki the capital of north Greece. On arrival, transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight
Day 3: Thessaloniki, Pella, Vergina, Veria, Kavala
Athens Tours Greece and our private tour will continue in the morning drive to PELLA, Alexander the Great capital (visit). Continue our sightseeing to VERGINA to visit the tomb of the KING PHILLIP and the famous ‘’VERGINA TREASURES’’ We’ll take now the way to Kavala passing through THESSALONIKI via VERIA. In the afternoon arrive in Kavala. Dinner and overnight
Day 4: Kavala, the small Monte Carlo.
Today Athens Tours Greece will take us to KAVALA. A POLE OF ATTRACTION!!! Writers & travelers have given to KAVALA the characterization of «the small Monte Carlο. » And they weren’t wrong.
The amphitheatrically of the city, the prefecture of Kavala is for the tourist, a pole of attraction for its 2,500 years of history (The history of the Greeks), the harmonious coexistence of modern with the old, the combination of the mountain with the sea, the varied cultural events, which are held in modern and ancient theatres and the chances for several excursions to such places as in the nearby bright green island of Thasos and the archaeological area of Philippi. It has always been a crossroads of culture and a stop for great travelers and army leaders, from Philip II, Alexander the Great and Mark Antony to Apostle Paul comes to Neapoli to preach the Christian faith in Europe. Additionally, we can visit the castles & the museums (Archaeological Museum, Municipal Museum, The castle of Kavala, The citadel at Philippi, The castle at Palaiochori, Anaktoroupoli at Nea Peramos, (Τhe tower at Apollonia, Τhe castle at Orfani).
Overnight in Kavala
Day 5: Kavala, Thessaloniki, Katerini, Dion
After breakfast, Athens Tours Greece will drive us to Katerini and the famous sacred Macedonian town of DION (visit). Swim in the afternoon
Overnight in Katerini
Day 6: Katerini, Tempi valley, Thermopylae, Athens
After breakfast Athens Tours Greece will drive us back to Athens through Tempi mountains, the towns of Central Greece crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, Larisa, and visit Thermopylae, (hot gates) where Leonidas and the 300 Spartans gave the famous battle against the Persians.
You can customize this private tour on the way or requesting before your arrival with the Athens Tour Greece customer service team.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed