Have you been wondering who taught us the way of our leaving today? Why we have two and more floors of buildings? Who destined the cappuccino cup? Well, you are on the written tour! The Akrotiri excavation site is of a Minoan Bronze Age settlement on Santorini, associated with the Minoan civilization due to inscriptions in Linear A, and close similarities in artifact and fresco styles. Join us today to get answers!
Departures: daily except Mondays (11:30-18:00 approx)
Highlights of the 7-Hour Akrotiri And Santorini Shared Tour With Wine Tasting
- 7 hours approx shared tour with an official licensed tour guide in Akrotiri
- Visit the excavations at Akrotiri, one of the most important prehistoric settlements of the Aegean Sea
- Swim in the clear blue waters of Perivolos and the longest volcanic black sandy beach of the island
- Includes the entrance fee and the wine tasting of 3 local wines
Description of the shared tour
Drive directly to Akrotiri excavations that have uncovered one of the most important prehistoric settlements of the Aegean. The first habitation dates from the Late Neolithic times (at least the 4th millennium BC). During the Early Bronze Age (3rd millennium BC), a sizable settlement was founded and in the Middle and early Late Bronze Age (ca. 20th-17th centuries BC) it was extended and gradually developed into one of the main urban centers and ports of the Aegean.
Admire the large extent of the settlement (ca. 20 hectares), the elaborate drainage system, the sophisticated multi-stored buildings with the magnificent wall-paintings, furniture and vessels, show its great development and prosperity. In contrast to the Minoan palaces in Crete, here findings indicate a culture with a more human face and a better distribution of wealth.
The settlement has been suggested as a possible inspiration for Plato’s story of Atlantis.
After visiting the archaeological site of Akrotiri we will have a short stop of 20 min at the Red beach for photos.
The drive to the largest and longest black sandy volcanic beach of Perivolos. Here have a free time for lunch or swim in the clear blue waters of the Aegean sea! (lunch is not included).
After time at leisure in Perivolos, we’ll drive to Megalochori. Here we will have a 30 min stop to explore the village through its narrow paths and traditional homes!
Then drive to Pyrgos village for a 20 min stop to explore the highest village of the island with exceptional views!
Finally, we will reach Santo wines for a wine tasting. Taste three local wines which are including in the price together with the entrance fee of the archaeological site of Akrotiri.
Visit Oia walk and admire the words famous sunset!
We will end our private tour at the same place we have started.
- All clients should present themselves at the prearranged meeting points at least 30 minutes before the start of each excursion.
- Meeting points and meeting times are clearly written on the vouchers. In case of delay due to heavy traffic or other reasons we should be notified at least 30 minutes before the departure of the excursion.
- Schedules of the excursions are subjected to the weather conditions.
- The Captain of a boat or the driver of a bus can decide of a different routing due to safety or time organizing reasons.
- If weather does not permit an excursion to take place we can alter the date of operation and notify the clients. If they cannot attend on the new date ( usually the next day ) they are entitled to be fully refunded.
- Clients should observe the dress code when ever there is one ( eg for Tinos monastery ). They should read those requirement in our brochure or internet site .
- Last minute reservations ( after the 20.00 of the previous day ) are subjected to availability. Only a confirmation by fax or email by us is proof of acceptance of reservations.
Excluded from the tour
- Excursions cancelled up to two (2) days before the operation will be fully refunded
- Excursions cancelled up to one (1) day before the operation ( up to 20:00 h )will be charged 50%
- Excursions cancelled on the day of the the operation ( from 20;01 h of previous day )will NOT be refunded
- Excursions cancelled by us or because of FORCE MAJEUR will be fully refunded
- (Entrance fees 5 euros per person not included)