The private tour to Corinth Canal and to Ancient Olympia specialty designed for those who want to experience the power of Olympia and to feel the spirit that has inspired thousands of years countries and athletes, the birthplace of the Olympic games. Also is an excellent opportunity to see the most famous areas for olives tries field, olive oil, and vineyards. As Greeks say, Greece is not just the islands and Athens. Corinth and Olympia are among the most famous sites in the world, especially considering the importance of the Olympic games.
Itinerary of the Two Days To Ancient Olympia And Corinth Canal In Greece
Athens – Corinth canal – Argos – Tripolis – ancient Olympia – Athens
Highlights of the two days private tour to Ancient Olympia and Corinth Canal
- The birthplace of the first Olympic Games in the world
- The famous Corinth Canal, with its breathtaking view
- A trip through the beautiful countryside of the Peloponnese peninsula
- Experienced and skilled English speaking tour driver
- A two days private tour through modern and ancient myths of Greece
Description of the two days tour to Ancient Olympia and Corinth Canal
Day 1: Athens, Corinth canal, Argos, ancient Olympia
Your Athens Tours Greece private tour driver will travel you along the coastal road of the Saronic Gulf until we reach the Corinth Canal with its breathtaking views. After enjoining the Corinth Canal we will continue through the high way passing close to Tripolis, Sparta, and close to kalamata with its marvelous landscape to Olympia.
We will visit the archaeological site of ancient Olympia and you will have a free evening to enjoy the small city of Olympia. Overnight in Olympia
Day 2: Olympia, Athens
After breakfast, your Athens Tours Greece tour driver will drive you towards the city of Ancient Olympia, to the birthplace of the Olympic Games.
In 776 BC, Iphitos, king of Elis, Kleosthenes of Pisa, and Lykourgos of Sparta reorganized the Olympic Games in honor of Zeus and instituted the sacred ekecheiria, or truce. Soon the quadrennial festival acquired a national character. Its fame rests upon the Olympic Games, the greatest national festival and a highly prestigious one world-wide, which was held every four years to honor Zeus. The most important sanctuary of God Zeus is situated here, as well as Altis and the original stadiums of the Games.
Ancient Olympia has been the center of attention during the ancient years, and still, today is the starting point of the Olympic Flame that is born here, every four years prior to the new festival. Experience a run in the ancient Olympic stadium, the starting line is still visible, take your position, and run this historical course, competing with the athletes of the past, or simply the tourists that flock to this area. Visit in this private tour the Olympia Archaeological Museum and the Museum of the Olympic Games, where artifacts and collections related to both ancient and modern Games
Drive back to ATHENS arriving late in the afternoon.
You can customize your private guided tour at any time on the way or before your arrival by contacting Athens Tours Greece customer service team
As a cruise tour is highly recommended for Cruise passengers, visiting Athens before their embarkation or after disembarkation to enjoy this spectacular private cruise excursion
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English-speaking driver or escort with good knowledge of the history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you at an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject to availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple-day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Olive oil tasting fee (olive oil tasting tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of the tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by-state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August, and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed