Experience majestic Santorini! An island that was made by Gods!
This tour will give you the chance to explore the magnificent island of Santorini with its fame has been all around the world for the unique and breathtaking view!
The highlights of Santorini Full Day Tour
- 7 hours spectacular Santorini tour
- Visit to a winery for a session wine tasting of volcanic wines
- Visit the Akrotiri to see where our civilization has started
- Experianced English speaking driver/guide
- Experience at Perivolos the long sandy black beach with the Aegean crystal clear water
- Admire the unique breathtaking view!
During our tour, you can enjoy the exploration of the Northern part of the island from a local’s point of view. You will visit the renowned villages of Oia, Imerovigli, Firostefani and Fira Town, where you will admire unique views from specific locations, to create your own post cards. Walk along the edge of the cliff side and admire the white washed houses, with the unique Cycladic Architectural style and the Blue Dom Churches.
Then we’ll drive up to the highest peak of the island (The Monastery of Prophet Elias) where you will have the chance to view a breath-taking live map of the entire island. We’ll then explore the Venetian castle of Pyrgos Village, which is one of the most picturesque villages of Santorini, away from the cliffs, to experience how locals used to live some time ago.
Next we’ll take a nice stop in one of the wineries of the island to taste some local wine and learn about the wine making on the island. (If you want we can stop and let you try the wineries which is a great experience.)
We now visit the southern part of the island, witch includes a visit in the traditional settlement of the village of Megalochori.
Our second stop will be at the Venetian Lighthouse, to admire a totally different point of view of the entire west side of the island and the entire cliff side. Then we’ll visit the Red Beach which is located next to the Archaeological Excavation site of the prehistoric city of Akrotiri, to take photos of a rather scenic location.
From there on, we’ll drive towards the fishing port of Vlichada (where the sailboats dock) passing through some of the most natural and wild beauty preservation parts of the island and to the local beach where some impressive white sand walls jump out of the ocean.
Next stop will be at Perivolos beach, which is the black sand beach of the island, full of coffee shops, restaurants and beach bars, where we can optionally enjoy a drink, a light meal, or even a swim, prior to our return back to your location.
By joining our tour you’ll enjoy not only the highlights of the island, in terms of site seeing, but you‘ll also discover interesting elements of its history, its architectural style, its infrastructure, its local ingredients and local specialties, as well as some accredited restaurants around the different locations where we’ll be exploring.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed