Santorini is a volcanic island that has experienced a major tourism boom in recent years. All though visitors travel across the globe just to soak in the breathtaking views of the world-famous Caldera, it’s really the native grapes that are the true heart and soul of this stunning destination.
Santorini has some of the oldest vineyards in the world dating from prehistoric times under continuous cultivation, and the island uses a traditional wine-making method. Some of the grape varieties grown in Santorini that give all the wide range of wines are the Assyrtiko (80% of the wine production) Athyri and Aidani that give white wines and Mantilaria, Mavrotragano, and Voudomato that gives red wines.
Highlights of Breathtaking Santorini in a Semi-Private 4-Hours Wine Tour
- 4-hours exciting wine tour of Santorini
- Traditional Aegean-sea grape varieties
- Taste 15 different types and styles of wines based on the value of tradition and wisdom of nature
- Enjoy a wine tasting visiting 3 traditional wineries and meet the wine producers
- Receive our info booklet and Wine Certificate
Our Semi-Private Wine Tour starts from your hotel in Santorini, with a luxurious fully air-conditioned vehicle. Drive and visit some of the most famous traditional wineries of Santorini. Our first stop is at a magical vineyard on the volcanic soils. The volcanic soil and the special climate of Santorini give a unique taste to the local wine. The wine of Santorini was famous all over the Mediterranean basin in ancient times and even today it is exported in many countries of the world.
Our licensed English-speaking enologist makes an interesting wine-tasting tutorial and gives you hints about Santorini’s vineyard, which is the oldest in Europe. The grapes – in most cases – grow in the unique basket vines, so that they get protected from strong winds.
Then, we visit 3 traditional wineries and cellars in the countryside of the island. All of them are featured in respected wine magazines such as “Wine & Spirits”. There, we will have the chance to taste 12 carefully selected wines from Santorini and Greece while enjoying an assortment of local delicacies such as salami, cheese, and olives, in one of the famous wineries of Santorini. Some of the wine varieties to taste are Assyrtiko, Athiri, Aidani, Mantilaria, Voudomato, and Mavrotragano which produce “Santorini” (Appellation of Origin Santorini of High Quality), Nichteri, and Vinsanto.
At the end of the tour, we will drive you back to your hotel or the place that we picked you up, with our luxurious fully air-conditioned vehicle.
That’s a tour to remember, emphasizes some of the most important Santorini’s wineries, and gives you the opportunity to enjoy their wines traveling in a small group!
- All clients should present themselves at the prearranged meeting points at least 30 minutes before the start of each excursion.
- Meeting points and meeting times are clearly written on the vouchers. In case of delay due to heavy traffic or other reasons we should be notified at least 30 minutes before the departure of the excursion.
- Schedules of the excursions are subjected to the weather conditions.
- The Captain of a boat or the driver of a bus can decide of a different routing due to safety or time organizing reasons.
- If weather does not permit an excursion to take place we can alter the date of operation and notify the clients. If they cannot attend on the new date ( usually the next day ) they are entitled to be fully refunded.
- Clients should observe the dress code when ever there is one ( eg for Tinos monastery ). They should read those requirement in our brochure or internet site .
- Last minute reservations ( after the 20.00 of the previous day ) are subjected to availability. Only a confirmation by fax or email by us is proof of acceptance of reservations.
Excluded from the tour
- Excursions cancelled up to two (2) days before the operation will be fully refunded
- Excursions cancelled up to one (1) day before the operation ( up to 20:00 h )will be charged 50%
- Excursions cancelled on the day of the the operation ( from 20;01 h of previous day )will NOT be refunded
- Excursions cancelled by us or because of FORCE MAJEUR will be fully refunded