Welcome to Kalavrita, where you can experience an unforgettable two-day tour. From the amazing skiing resort to the renowned cogwheel, and the rich historical and natural attractions, Kalavryta stands out as one of the top winter destinations in the Peloponnese. In the midst of a snowy landscape, the quaint streets of Kalavryta and its neighboring villages teem with passionate skiers, drawn to experience one of Greece’s most beloved ski destinations.
In 1988, the establishment of the ski resort was a game-changer for Kalavryta’s tourism game, catapulting it to the top of the list for ski enthusiasts. But Kalavryta has something special to offer beyond just snow-covered slopes. Helmos, also known as the Aroania Mountains, boasts an enchanting landscape teeming with treasures waiting to be explored all year round. With an array of activities and scenic routes through lush nature, fascinating caves, majestic gorges, and serene lakes, alongside historic monasteries, this hidden gem in the Peloponnese beckons travelers to experience its irresistible allure.
Highlights of a 2-day ski tour of Helmos and the stunning beauty of Kalavrita!
- Professional English speaking tour driver
- Helmos snow ski resort
- Kalavrita spectacular geomorphology and rich biodiversity place
- Magestic Kalavrita village called “Mykonos of yhe winter”
Day 1: Athens – Kalavrita – Helmos ski center – Kalavrita
As we set off towards the Peloponnese peninsula from Athens on our first day, we found ourselves immersed in the stunning beauty of nature along the way. Our ultimate destination was none other than the renowned snow ski resort of Helmos in Kalavrita. As we indulged in thrilling ski activities on the imposing Mt. Helmós, the watchful Nymphs were witness to our exhilarating adventure. At 2,340m above sea level, Mt. Helmós boasts the top ski resort in Peloponnese.
Its fiery alpine setting is truly awe-inspiring and draws skiers from all over Greece. With its close proximity to Athens and top-notch facilities, this is a must-visit destination for any ski enthusiast. And for those seeking a challenge, the notorious black and red runs of Styga on Mt. Helmós are sure to test even the most seasoned skiers.
Experience the ultimate winter adventure at Kalavryta ski resort, which offers an impressive 20km of ski runs. With options for all skill levels, including 2 difficult, 2 intermediate, 6 easy, and 2 very easy, there’s something for everyone. Plus, you’ll have access to 2 chair lifts and 5 ski lifts, as well as specially designed areas for snowboarding and extreme sports.
The resort also features a special moguls ski run and a snowboard park, ensuring non-stop fun. While at Helmós mountain, take advantage of the coffee shops, snack bars, and restaurants, as well as convenient ski rental facilities and a well-equipped ski school. Safety is a top priority with a First Aid Station on site.
After an exhilarating day of skiing, experience the vibrant atmosphere of cosmopolitan Kalavrita. Immerse yourself in its charming traditional architecture, try out the delightful taverns, browse through unique shops offering local products, and choose from a multitude of accommodation options. Spend the night in Kalavrita and fully indulge in all it has to offer.
Day 2: Kalavrita – Athens
Start your day with a mouth-watering breakfast and savor a relaxed morning before embarking on an adventure through the delightful town of Kalavrita. Come along with us on a delicious expedition to this captivating destination, situated just a short distance from Athens. Discover the irresistible allure that draws countless visitors each year (from early November to late April) to bask in the snowy wonderland of Kalavrita.
After a previus day of skiing, it’s time to unwind and indulge in all the exciting activities Kalavrita has to offer. Take in the beautiful green paths that wind along the Vouraikós gorge, or embark on a cellar tour of the Achaia vineyards, where you can savor rich and complex wines, alongside classic favorites.
For a peaceful and enchanting experience, wander through the magical pine forest of Strofilia. Immerse yourself in the rich history of Greece by visiting the legendary Monastery of Agia Lavra or explore the captivating galleries of the Cave of the Lakes, also known as the “Palace of the Nymphs.”
Kalavrita; Kalavrita is a bustling and thrilling destination, making it the perfect place to visit. As one of the top winter hotspots in the Peloponnese region, Kalavryta town welcomes you with open arms. Nestled at the base of majestic Mt. Chelmos, this town is a must-see during the colder months, thanks to its renowned ski centre.
As you explore this enchanting location, you’ll be surrounded by quaint stone houses, quaint squares, charming alleyways, and idyllic cafes and tavernas shaded by beautiful plane trees. It’s the ultimate destination for nature lovers and romantics alike.
Kalavryta is a well-known destination for its renowned Odontotos railway service, which has been operating since 1896. The 22km long route between Kalavryta and Diakopto is a must-visit, offering passengers a stunning journey through the picturesque Vouraikos Gorge. The train itself is in perfect harmony with the natural surroundings, making it one of the area’s top attractions. The voyage culminates at the breathtaking shores of the Corinthian Gulf.
As we make our way back to Athens, savor the unforgettable adventures that we have carefully selected for you throughout the afternoon..
ESPECIALLY THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 1 nights hotel accommodation
- All transfers as mentioned
- A professional English speaking tour driver
- Daily breakfast
- 24-hour assistance phone number
- Toll fee
- Liability insurance
ESPECIALLY THIS PACKAGE EXCLUDES:
- International flights
- Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Personal expenses
- Vacation / Holiday package
- Sightseeing sailing (for packages include islands)
- All ferry tickets are calculated on economy class, without cabin.
- Hotels, pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Round trip transfers (Port – Hotel –Port) on each Island are included (Shared).
- An English speaking tour drive, with good knowledge of the Greek history and culture (for private tours)
- Road tolls, All taxes, and handling charges
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum €150,00). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary.
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at “Terms-Conditions”.
- Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in your country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Departure Time: Departure as per our program
- Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
- The order of visiting the islands can be changed according to the traffic and weather conditions.
- All boat schedules given in regards with Greek island packages can be adjusted according to clients wishes, while all mentioned times serve mainly as a reference to the most convenient boat schedule.
- Accommodation on the islands is based according to availability .
- Any part of the trips operated by ferry can be substituted by air sectors at an extra cost, according to availability.
- Packages description for the economy of time and space, includes only the services offered and occasionally a few suggestions.
- Specific information about every suggested destination can be found separately.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed