If you have any question about our website, tours and vacation packages, then you can contact us. Our team is ready to help you with any of your requests!
1. HOW CAN I FIND YOU AT THE ATHENS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ?
MEETING INSTRUCTIONS: After your landing, just follow the EXIT signs and walk outside the main gate, where your driver/guide will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name on it. It can be that there will be a lot of people waiting for their friends or relatives or even other transfer companies. Therefore, please do not go away from the main exit gate (inside the airport). Look carefully and you will see your driver/guide holding your nameplate.
2. HOW SHALL I MEET YOU AT PIRAEUS PORT – CRUISE TERMINAL ?
A. Cruise terminal: There are two cruise terminals on the port of Piraeus, called terminal A and terminal B. If your ship arrives at terminal A or terminal B, please disembark and walk outside the main gate, where our driver will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name on it. If your ship arrives at terminal B (also known as “Kanelos terminal”), and the main gate is closed, then and ONLY then you will need to take the shuttle bus to terminal A (two minutes ride), where our driver will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name on it.
B. Islands Terminal: Please disembark and walk outside the main gate, where your driver/guide will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name on it.
If you have any problems please call us at +30 69188.8.131.52.
3. CHANGES IN ARRIVAL SCHEDULE:
If your aircraft or ship company makes an itinerary change or you loose your flight for any reason and you arrive into a scheduled flight on an alternate date, please do not assume that your trip has been cancelled.
Your reservation will be scheduled for the new date. Please send a new e-mail to reconfirm the new date or a SMS text message to the above cell phone on time.
Our times are in local Greek time. If you have questions about your time in airport or port, please direct your questions to your flight attendant or ship purser.
4. HOW CAN I MEET YOU AT OUR HOTEL?
Your driver or guide will ask the concierge or the receptionist and they will call you in your room. In this case we will meet you at the lobby of the hotel. If they can not find you in your room, the concierge or the receptionist of your hotel will be informed that we will be outside the hotel front of our vehicle waiting for you.
In big Hotels like Hilton, Intercontinental, Marriott, we will ask for you at the front doorman of the hotel. We will inform him where our driver will be waiting for you, in case you are not there. So please ask him.
5. What is the difference between a TOUR GUIDE and a DRIVER GUIDE?
Tour drivers will take you to archaeological sites or museums, and explain the main points of the history of the monuments. Drivers are not professional licensed tour guides, so cannot guide you inside. Read more: tour driver vs tour guide
6. Can we share a tour?
Our prices are not per person. Our prices are per vehicle. This applies to private tours only.
8. Will a taxi up to 4 people be comfortable, and how many luggage can we have with us ?
Taxis in Greece are licensed to carry 4 passengers. They will fit in a taxi, but 3 passengers will be more comfortable. You can take four pieces of luggage, about 25kg each or 45×55 cm, plus two handbags inside a taxi.
9. I have lost my luggage. Will Athens Tour Greece collect it for me later?
All the airlines have handling agents. They will arrange for any luggage to be forwarded to your resort address.
10. I have left something in the vehicle. How do I get it back?
Please contact us on the number provided on your e-mail or above. We will then arrange to have it returned to you. A charge may apply.
11. Do you offer discounted rates for children or babies?
Athens Tour Greece charges the same rate for all occupied seats (It applies only to private tours).
12. Can I have a receipt?
The Transport Voucher you received by email is your receipt, or you can have one upon service.
13. How long is the journey to the resort?
We can inform you on your e-mail after your inquiry. These times may vary depending on the service booked, at peak times, or if road conditions are poor.
14. Can we stop off at the supermarket or to pick up property keys en route?
Only by prior arrangement with us and only if you are traveling by Private Transfer. Subject to availability, additional surcharges may apply.
15. Is the transfer direct or do we stop en route?
Private Transfers are direct to your hotel. Shared Transfers may be subject to brief stops to collect or drop-off other clients.
16. Are tours direct or do we stop en route?
Private Tours are direct from the airport or port to your hotel. Shared private Tours are direct and door-to-door too.
17. Can you inform us for the Time table and entrance fees for the archaeological sites and museums in Greece ?
Yes. Please visit the following ling for more information: Time table and entrance fees for the archaeological sites and museums in Greece
Shared bus tours
Pickup Times and Locations
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes earlier at your pick up location. Our party buses run on a schedule so please be courteous to other patrons and have your group at your pick up location on time. It can be that in the morning the traffic to be heavy and our bus will be 10 minutes late. Please do not worry. We will definitely pick you up. There is a difference between the pick up time and the starting time of the tour. Please read the tour where you will see when the tour starts approx. The pick up time is written on your voucher and/or in our pick up list. For example: Pick up time from the hotel at 07:10 AM. The tour starts at 08:00 AM.
When does the tour end?
- There are 4 hour tours (Half day) and 8 hour tours (full day). The multiple day tours is maximum 8 hours per day. Usually you will arrive at each destination around 5.00pm – 7.00pm. The return time is dependent upon external factors such as traffic and, at times, there may be delays due to unforeseen circumstances.We strongly recommend that you do not book other travel or activities on the final day of your tour.
Do I need my ID?
- Not really necessary. But for the multiple day tours it will help if you have one of the following: Valid issued ID, valid issued drivers license or international passport. Your ID is needed for the hotels or in order to enter the nightclub venues.
Do I need to bring my confirmation or purchase voucher?
- Yes, this is your ticket & confirmation of purchase. Please have your confirmation or purchase voucher readily accessible. Please bring a printed copy of your voucher.
Shall I bring cash with me?
- It’s a good idea to bring a small amount of cash with you, especially if your bank charges high international bank fees on credit card usage.
Some activity providers only accept cash however your tour guide will sure you have a chance to get cash out beforehand.
How many suitcases can I bring with me? Is there a baggage limit?
- We ask you keep your luggage to one medium size suitcase or backpack, and one smaller bag to carry on the bus.
Do I need to book my own accommodation the night before and after the tour?
- Yes, you will need to book your own accommodation the night before the tour commences and the night the tour ends.
What does bilingual tour guide mean?
- Bilingual tour guide means that your guide will guide you in two different languages. For example: English & Italian or English & France and so on!
Are tips for the guide and driver included in the trip price?
- No. Athens Tours Greece guides do not expect tips. However if you think they’ve done an amazing job, feel free to show your gratitude!
Is the itinerary strict or can we request an alternative route?
- On coach shared tours, the itinerary is not changeable!
Does the tour take us to a souvenir shop?
- Only if there is time available or if there is 50% demand of the group. On the way there are workshops that manufacture pots, vases etc like the ancient times where you can experience how the ancient Greeks used to decorate them! (short stop).
Do I need to tip? If yes how much?
- Tipping is customary in the tourism industry as well as bars and restaurants in Greece. A tip of 15-20% of the bill is recommended.
What if I have special dietary requirements?
- Please let your guide know if you have special dietary requirements at the beginning of your tour.
We will endeavor to cater to your requirements. Vegetarian options are always available in our included dinners.
- ARE THE HOLIDAY PACKAGES FOR INDIVIDUALS OR GROUPS?
Vacation packages are private and individual. You will not be traveling as part of a group, except on organized excursions and coach tours.
- CAN YOUR VACATION PACKAGES BE MODIFIED TO FIT OUR SCHEDULE AND PREFERENCES?
Our pre – planned vacation packages are flexible and can be modified to fit your requests and preferences. You can increase or decrease the number of nights in each package. Tell us what you want and we will do our best to adjust and customize the itinerary to your requests and send you our offer.
- HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT TIME WE WILL BE PICKED UP FOR A TOUR, CRUISE OR TRANSFER?
For the departures of your tours, cruises, transfers included in your package, you will receive an e-voucher with all information and instructions needed (pick up times and meetings with our rep) in 24 hours after booking and deposit payment.
- HOW DO I BOOK A VACATION PACKAGE IN GREECE?
A deposit of 30% is required to book a package. Bookings received less than 55 days prior to the arrival date must be accompanied by full payment.
- WHAT IS NEXT AFTER I HAVE SENT THE DEPOSIT?
Your Greece vacation rep will proceed to finalize all the necessary reservations and send you a detailed itinerary and the e-vouchers for all bookings. Hotel vouchers as well as ferry tickets will be handed to you on your arrival day by our rep.
- ARE FERRY TICKETS REFUNDABLE?
Ferry tickets are non-refundable after they have been issued.
At Athens Tours Greece our passion is providing unforgettable travel experience across Greece. We offer a range of exciting trips in Greece, Athens, Corinth, Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki, and everywhere else in Greece, and of course the famous Greek islands such us Mykonos Santorini, Rhodes, Crete and so many others! Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone! Explore the past and Enjoy today!
Don’t just visit Greece…. Experience it!
Haven’t found what you were looking for? Please do not hesitate to contact our friendly customer service team who will be happy to help!
Do not forget to check our tours in Athens!