The full-day tour to Delphi with a shared bus is an excellent chance to visit the ancient navel of the Earth, the most important cult center of the ancient world. During our drive to Delphi, you will also have the chance to admire the beautiful landscape of Central Greece and visit smaller towns and villages, you would otherwise miss.
Itinerary of the full-day bus tour from Athens to Delphi
Athens, Thebes, Levadia, Arachova, Delphi, Athens
Highlights of Shared 8-Hours Bus Tour To Legendary Delphi Of Greece
- Travel through the lush countryside of Greece in a luxurious bus
- Drive-by historical cities such as Thebes and Levadia
- Tour Delphi, a mystical place of cult and mystery with a tour guide and with an entrance fee included in the price
- Buy traditional Greek products and souvenirs at Arachova
Description of the shared bus tour to Delphi
You will travel through the fertile plain of Beotia, crossing important towns of ancient and modern Greece such as Thebes, known as a military city-state of the past, or through the tragic plays of King Oedipus and Antigone.
We will also cross Levadia and Arachova before we will arrive at Delphi, the sanctuary of God Apollo and the occult center of the Ancient World, or the Navel of the Earth, as it was known in ancient times.
During your visit and sightseeing tour in Delphi, you will visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi, containing significant masterpieces of ancient Greek sculpture, such as the famous bronze Charioteer, the statue of athlete Aghias, the Naxian Sphynx, and the twin Brothers.
Feel the mystic aura of the area in the Temple of Apollo, where Oracle Pythia was giving out her predictions of the future to the people flocking to Delphi from every part of the – then – known world.
Experience and see the Castalia spring with the two monumental fountains receiving water from the spring for the last 3000 years, and share the secret of eternal youth hidden in the freshness of its waters.
After lunch, we will visit the traditional Greek village of Arachova, known for its famous handmade carpets and quilts.
Arachova is one of the most picturesque mountain villages in Greece; set at the feet of Mt Parnassus it is the center of attention in the winter months, due to the ski center. It is also known due to the local products, cheese, pasta, and wood products, which you can buy and bring home with you.
After a short stop here, we will continue the tour passing through the towns of Levadia and Thebes, arriving in Athens in the afternoon.
N.B. Clients staying at the coast will depart for their hotels from our terminal around 19.30 hrs.
According to the new law a CITY TAX for the hotel overnights is effective from January 1st 2018 and it is NOT included in our excursion rates. Clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels. The amount per overnight per room is: 5* hotel=4€ | 4* hotel=3€ | 3* hotel=1,50€.
From November 1st 2019 all children from the age of 6 (six) who are coming from non E.U. countries will have to pay the full rate of the entrance fee for the Museums and the Archaeological sites. For children coming from E.U. countries status, rates remain the same but It is very important to have their passport with in order to prove their nationality.
- Organized Shared Bus Tour
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed by the state bilingual tour Guide
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites and museums
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up from most of hotels in Athens
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, & Dinner), for multiple day tours only
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Terms & Conditions & FAQ>
- Hotels used during multiple - day shared bus tours
- Pick up hotel list in Athens for shared bus tours
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. In case of limited participation, your tour will be diverted to one of our partners and vise versa.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Daily Service from April to October
November to March every Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- Dep. 08.45 – Ret. 19.00
2024 April to October
- Without lunch 96,00 € per adult, 63,00€ per child.
- Including lunch 110,00 € per adult, 70,00€ per child.
November 2023 to March 2024
- Without lunch 90,00 € per adult, 58,00€ per child.
- Including lunch 104,00 € per adult, 65,00€ per child.