Are you visiting Athens with a cruise ship? Treat yourself with a guided tour to the Acropolis and all the other world-famous monuments of Athens.
Visit the cradle of the western civilization, the historical capital of Europe, and experience the Golden age of Greece.
Join our Semi Private Shared Shore Excursions in Athens and enjoy your tour in a luxurious minivan car, able to accommodate a small group.
Highlights of the tour
- Eight-hour guided tour in Athens by minivan
- English-speaking tour guide with an official license
- Your tour begins as soon as your cruise ship arrives at the port of Piraeus
- Visit the Acropolis, the Parthenon and the New Museum of Acropolis
- Walk in the picturesque neighborhood of Plaka
- Optional lunch in a Greek restaurant in Plaka
Detailed description of the guided shore excursion in Athens, 8H
Your driver and the tour guide will be waiting for you at the Port of Piraeus, the main port of Athens and the biggest port of Greece. Your tour will begin as soon as your cruise ship arrives at the port.
The first stop of your tour will be at one of the most well-known monuments of Greece, the Acropolis. There, you will be able to visit and see some of the magnificent masterpieces that were built during the Golden Age of Pericles, such as the Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, the Caryatids, the Herodion theater, the ruins of the Theater of Dionysus, and Areopagus (the Mars Hill). A detailed tour will be held out, by the professional, English speaking tour guide that will be accompanying you.
Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium, also known as Kallimarmaro Stadium; the original stadium was built in 1863 for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896 in Athens. You will not be able to enter the Panathenaic Stadium, but there is going to be a short break to take photographs there, while your tour guide will be explaining to you about the history and the details of the monuments.
The following stop for you will be at the Lycabettus hill, where you should grab the chance to take some exceptional photographs of the breathtaking view of Athens, from the place that is the highest point of the city.
Your next destinations will be the Old Palace, the Academy, the National Library and the First University of Athens, where you will be able to take
more photographs and learn a great deal of information about the monuments and their history, from your tour guide. The Tomb of The Unknown Soldier and The Changing of The Guards will be the next places you will visit during your tour, where you will have the opportunity to watch and photo shoot the well known ceremony of the changing of the Hellenic Parliament guards.
A stroll at the picturesque alleys of Plaka and some free time for shopping and to taste the delicious traditional Greek cuisine will follow (Optional). After your lunch you are going to visit the final destination of your tour that will be the New Acropolis Museum **.
The New Acropolis Museum is one of the most extraordinary museums of the city, where you will see the huge
collection of relics and sculptures that were found during the excavations at the archaeological site of the Acropolis. Visiting the New Acropolis Museum, will definitely be a lifetime experience for you.
Itinerary of the 8 hours private shore excursion in Athens guided by a licensed English speaking tour guide
The 8 hours Athens tour includes: The Acropolis (see the Temple of Parthenon which is dedicated to Athena Parthenos, Propylea the monumental entrance to the sacred area, Temple of Athena Nike the dedicated to Athena-Apteros Nike, Temple of Erechtheion the dedicated to Athena Polias, the Cariatides, Herodeon Theater, the Theater of Dionysus, the Areopagus or else the Mars Hill), Temple of Zeus the largest ancient temple in Greece in the Corinthian order, Panathenaic Stadium also known as The Kallimarmaro; the original stadium built in 1863 for the first modern Olympic games in 1896, Plaka with time for lunch and shopping, Hill of Lycabettus the highest hill of Athens center, the Old Palace else the ex royal palace #2, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier & the Changing of The Guards, the Catholic Cathedral, the “Neoclassical Trilogy” (Academy, National Library, First University of Athens), and finally The New Acropolis Museum*.
- Small guided group tour
- Semi private tour
*The order of the tour visits is according to traffic, crowed on the Acropolis and the decision of the guide. The guide can change the order of the visits at any time is decided.
** On Mondays (in the period of November to March) our visit to The New Acropolis Museum is replaced (if it will be closed) by the National Archaeological Museum, the largest archaeological museum in Greece and one of the most important museums in the world devoted to ancient Greek art. People that don’t want to visit the museum, can spend time in Plaka.
Number of participants per group: Small groups of minimum 6 and maximum 16 guests. Βased on the final number of guests the groups will be designed by Athens Tour Greece for best customer satisfaction.
- Each group and minibus has its own driver and an English speaking licensed tour guide.
- Minimum number of people (6 guests). If there is not enough participation (minimum 6 guests) then you will be notified 15-10 days before the tour and you can book an alternative tour, or find tour mates while on ship and form a group, and if you do not want any of it, then you will get a full refund.
- If you will not be notified then it means that the tour will take place as initially planned.
Meeting Point & Time
- Please follow the instructions indicated on your voucher. In case of not being able to find the driver, please contact the emergency numbers that appears on your voucher.
- Collections from cruise ship terminals are agreed to, and will take place at the time indicated on the voucher.
- Maximum waiting time will be twenty (20) minutes after the time mentioned on the voucher or the agreed time. If you miss the minibus please contact the emergency numbers so as to give you directions on how you will meet the group in the city center. You will have to pay the transportation expenses on your own to the city center of Athens.
What is included in the price
- Pick up / drop off from your cruise ship pier
- A new Mercedes-Benz minibus fully air conditioned
- An experienced family person driver
- An Official licensed English speaking tour guide, who will guide you inside the archaeological sites and museum
What is not included in the price
- Entrance fees per person; for more click here
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) do not pay entrance fees.
- Lunch in Plaka is optional
- Everything that is not included in the “What is included in the price”
Once the deposit will be paid the booking is completed, and you will receive a voucher with meeting instructions on and all required information. Please print two copies, one for your provider and one for you and have it with you during the tour. Please sign one copy with your full name on and give it to guide.
Small group shared tours cancellation policy
- Shared tour bookings canceled up to 15 days prior to the agreed date and time receive a full refund.
- 100% cancellation fees apply for any tour bookings canceled within the last 15 days prior to the arrival date.
- Of course, if for any unforeseen reason the ship does not dock at the port, then there will be a full refund.
- All alterations or cancellations should be made via e-mail to Athens Tour Greece.
Terms & Conditions: Please read carefully before making your booking.
Price: 65 Euros per person for the full day
Please do not forget to mention the name of the cruise ship !!