Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF FERRY TICKETS
Athens Tours Greece resells ferry tickets according to the Greek law and the shipping companies’ policies found below. Further to those terms, in case of a ferry route’s cancellation or alteration by the shipping company, Athens Tours Greece Travel’s responsibility is limited to refunding their clients according to the respective shipping company’s policy. Further actions from Athens Tours Greece aiming to assist the client in finding alternative ferry connections or last minute accommodation arrangements do not extend the responsibility mentioned above. Athens Tours Greece is not responsible for any damages caused by a shipping company canceling or altering their scheduled ferry crossing for any reason including but not limited to, accommodation expenses, air tickets and higher cost replacement ferry tickets.
The following terms are officially approved by the Greek Ministry of Mercantile Marine and apply to all ferry travellers in Greece irrespective of the shipping company and itinerary:
PASSENGER’S TICKET CONDITIONS
- The ticket is issued in the passenger’s name, is personal and non-transferable. It is valid only for the class and the trip for which it was issued.
- The fare does not include catering.
- Passengers should be at the embarkation area of the ship one (1) hour before departure. If the passenger is not in time for sailing, he/she is not entitled to a refund of the fare. In case of cancellation, passengers are entitled 50% refund if they cancel their reservation before departure.
- Children up to 4 years old travel free of charge and are not entitled to bed, while children over 4 and up to 10 years old pay a reduced fare and are entitled to bed.
- The bearer of a full ticket is allowed to carry free of charge luggage up to 40 kilos or 1 cubic meter.
- In case of loss of the ticket, it will not be replaced nor the fare will be refunded.
- The shipping company is not responsible for any damage or loss of the passenger’s luggage that is under the personal care of him/her during the trip.
- Jewellery, money and valuable objects may be delivered to the ship’s accounting office for safekeeping.
- The shipping company will not be responsible for any delay in sailing, deviation and not keeping normal route, due to bad weather conditions or orders of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine or the Harbor Authorities or due to force major.
- It is forbidden to the passengers to carry explosives, inflammable, incendiary and dangerous in general materials.
- The passengers are responsible for the observance of the Harbor, Sanitary and Custom regulations.
- The passengers should comply with the captain’s and the crew orders regarding the maintenance of order and the safety of the ship.
- The passenger should address any complaint during the trip to the ship’s captain or first mate and after the arrival, to the shipping company or to the Harbor Authorities.
- If for any reason the travel is cancelled due to the ship’s responsibility, the fare is refunded without any further obligation of the shipping company towards the passenger.
- The shipping company has the right, after approval of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine, to replace the vessel for which the ticket was issued with another vessel.
- VEHICLE TRANSPORT RECEIPT CONDITIONS
- The drivers are obligated to load and unload their vehicle.
- The vehicles should be at the waiting for shipment area one (1) hour before departure and in any case on the time prescribed by the Port Regulation in force.
- The driver is not entitled to refund of the fare if he is not in time for sailing, while if he states before sailing his intention not to ship his vehicle, he is entitled to a refund of half of the fare.
- In case of loss of vehicle transport receipt, the fare is not refunded.
- The vehicles’ passengers have to get out of them before their shipment aboard.
- The passengers should carry with them objects that they need during the travel. After sailing the entrance to the vehicle station is forbidden.
- The transportation of explosives, incendiary and dangerous in general materials is forbidden.
- The priority order is determined by the Port Regulations of each Harbor Authorities, where the vehicles are shipped.
SHIPPING COMPANIES’ POLICIES
Further to the above terms, each shipping company may have their own rules regarding cancellations, cancellation fees, changes and date conversions etc. Purchase of ferry tickets through the “Website” implies that you have read and agree to all applicable sets of terms and conditions for each shipping company, tickets of whom you have purchased. Athens Tours Greece keeps a list of links to their respective websites for your convenience. This list may not be exhaustive but it is maintained to the best of our ability with regard to its accuracy.
For additional information on each company’ s specific policy please visit the following links:
- Aegean Speed Lines
- ANEK Lines
- Blue Star Ferries
- Cyclades Fast Ferries
- Dodekanisos Seaways
- Ane Kalymnou
- Golden Star Ferries
- Hellenic Seaways
- Minoan Lines
- European Seaways
- Seajets Consortium
- Superfast – Adriatic
- Kefalonian Lines
- Zante ferries
- Ionia Group
NOTE: All other shipping companies either they don’t have a working website or if they have one, they do not publish terms & conditions on it.
Extra charges for ferry bookings
There is a service fee only for ferry ticket orders made through our website. Our company is obliged to charge a service fee in order to be able to provide and maintain the best possible service to its clients.
The service fee tariff is as follows:
|Ticket Orders||Service fee|
|Up to 260 Euros||10 Euros|
|More than 260 Euros||5% of the total ferry tickets’ cost (excluding delivery)|
For any ticket change there is a 5,00 euro extra charge for all changes made after the issuance of the tickets (charge per ticket). In order to change a ticket already issued we are obliged to cancel the previous one and issue a new one. The same time consuming and costly process as for the cancellations applies. This is also why our service fee is non-refundable.
Due to the above reasons, cancellations cannot be done online. You have to contact us through email in order to order a cancellation.
Cancellation Policy For Ferry Tickets
Cancellations are subject to penalty fees according to each shipping company’s policy. You can find details in our Ticketing Term & Conditions section.
Moreover, our company charges a 5,00 euro charge for each cancellation ticket.
Ferry ticket cancellation is a time consuming and costly process, which consists of letter exchange with the shipping company involved, and effort to recover the actual ticket from our client in order to be able to return it to the shipping company. If we do not return the one cancelled the shipping company charges us for it, even though we have refunded our client.