Naxos, Greece’s best kept secret! – A real paradise island !
Walk around the small streets of the Venetian town and visit the miniature colorful villages.
Highlights of The Undiscovered Naxos Island
- Start from 2 days up to 14 days to nuptial isle of the God Dionysus.
- Visit the the most beautiful beaches in all of Greece.
- Experience the Greek culture and all of its impressive traits
- Enjoy the wind surfing in Naxos island
Villages that harmonically combine the majestic mountain beauty with the intensively cultivated agricultural plains and kilometers of sweeping golden sands. Included are live visuals of the old churches and monasteries. Take a snapshot of the famous ‘giant’ Marble Gate (remains’ part from temple of Apollon since 6th century B.C.) and the statue of Kouros.
Naxos is a mountainous island with impressive rock formation and is the nuptial isle of the God Dionysus.
It is an attractive place not only for those seeking sunlight, bars and bikinis, but also for those who are looking to experience the Greek culture and all of its impressive traits. Naxos is truly blessed with some of the most beautiful beaches in all of Greece.
Long beaches of golden sand and the most amazing color of blue sea you will ever see, many of them are not what you would call ‘undiscovered’.
The beach of Agios Georgios is the main tourist area if you like windsurfing, water-sports, people watching and if you have children because the sea is very shallow.
For wind-surfers the far end of Saint George bay is a center for the sport with several rental shops. Because of the northeastern and northern winds Naxos is known as one of the best places in Greece for windsurfing.
The beaches of Agios Prokopios and Agia Anna are a little quieter but also very popular and there are rows of umbrellas and beach chairs that you can rent. These beaches though crowded in places are long enough so you can always find somewhere semi-private. These two beaches are considered by many to be the most beautiful in Greece with clear turquoise water that makes every picture you take look like a postcard or an advertisement for a Caribbean holiday.
Further on the beach at Plaka is considered by others to be the best beach on the island with about 5 kilometers of golden sand.
Further down the coast is the beach of Kastraki, rated the cleanest in the Aegean and over 8 kilometers long. Beyond that are Pyrgaki a long sandy beach and Agiassos. The town of Apollonos on the far northern tip of the island has a large sandy cove and some restaurants and hotels and the feel of being on another island altogether.
Many of Naxos beaches have been given the Blue Flag award by the EU.
Description of the Naxos Island Package
Day 1: Athens / Naxos
Pick up from your hotel in Athens at 06:00 a.m. to transfer you to Piraeus Port for embarkation on the Blue Star Ferry to Naxos island passing throughout the Aegean island of Paros arriving 13:30 at the port of Naxos.
Our personnel will wait for you to drive you to your Hotel after the acquaintance with the island of Naxos you have the rest of the day – night to enjoy your stay – overnight.
Day 2: Naxos / Athens
Morning at your leisure meet with our staff at 13:00 to drive you to Naxos Port to embark on the Blue Star Ferry to Piraeus Port.
Arriving at 19:30 transfer back to your hotel.
- Vacation / Holiday package
- Sightseeing sailing (for packages include islands)
- All ferry tickets are calculated on economy class, without cabin.
- Hotels, pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Round trip transfers (Port – Hotel –Port) on each Island are included (Shared).
- An English speaking tour drive, with good knowledge of the Greek history and culture (for private tours)
- Road tolls, All taxes, and handling charges
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum €150,00). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary.
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at “Terms-Conditions”.
- Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in your country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Departure Time: Departure as per our program
- Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
- The order of visiting the islands can be changed according to the traffic and weather conditions.
- All boat schedules given in regards with Greek island packages can be adjusted according to clients wishes, while all mentioned times serve mainly as a reference to the most convenient boat schedule.
- Accommodation on the islands is based according to availability .
- Any part of the trips operated by ferry can be substituted by air sectors at an extra cost, according to availability.
- Packages description for the economy of time and space, includes only the services offered and occasionally a few suggestions.
- Specific information about every suggested destination can be found separately.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Extend your stay on the Island!
Just ask for it when you make your reservation!
Please fill in your inquiry, and one of travel experts will contact you latest within 48 hours. If you do not receive our proposal 48 hours please check in your spam folder, and resend your request.