The bus tour to Cape Sounion takes place in the afternoon, so as to allow you to enjoy one of the most spectacular sights in the world: a breathtaking view on the Aegean Sea.
Itinerary of the Cape Sounion bus tour (shared)
Athens – Glyfada – Vouliagmeni – Palaia Fokaia – Lagonissi – Sounion
Highlights of the Cape Sounion bus tour
- A visit to the imposing Temple of Poseidon in Sounion
- The spectacular views over Cape Sounion
- The southern suburbs of Athens
- An English speaking professional guide
- A comfortable motor-coach for the tour, including entrance fees
Description of the Cape Sounion shared motor coach tour
The Cape Sounion shared motor coach tour will start in the afternoon and will drive you towards the southern suburbs of Athens. You will have the chance to see some of the most renowned parts of the city, such as Alimos and Glyfada and you will soon reach Vouliagmeni, one of the most beautiful suburbs of Athens. After Vouliagmeni, you will see Varkiza, Palaia Fokaia and Lagonissi, while approaching Cape Sounion.
Sounion is located 65km away from Athens and is definitely one of the most spectacular places to visit. Its crowning feature is the Temple of Poseidon, one of the best preserved most famous temples in the Mediterranean. What is most interesting about the Temple is its location, since it stands above the Aegean Sea. It was here that King Aegeas stood waiting to see the ship bringing his son back. And it was here from where he jumped to the waters that took his name, becoming the most beloved sea in Greece, the Aegean Sea. The rocks of Cape Sounion meet the waters of the Aegean Sea in truly dramatic scenery, where you can take lots of pictures.
You can enjoy the views to the Aegean, or have a coffee or drink on the cliff, just outside the archaeological site of Sounion.
You’ll take the same way back to Athens and drop you off at the same we have picked you up!
According to the new law a CITY TAX for the hotel overnights is effective from January 1st 2018 and it is NOT included in our excursion rates. Clients will have to pay the tax on the spot at the hotels. The amount per overnight per room is: 5* hotel=4€ | 4* hotel=3€ | 3* hotel=1,50€.
From November 1st 2019 all children from the age of 6 (six) who are coming from non E.U. countries will have to pay the full rate of the entrance fee for the Museums and the Archaeological sites. For children coming from E.U. countries status, rates remain the same but It is very important to have their passport with in order to prove their nationality.
- Organized Shared Bus Tour
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed by the state bilingual tour Guide
- Entrance fee for archaeological sites and museums
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up from most of hotels in Athens
- Meals as per itinerary (Breakfast, & Dinner), for multiple day tours only
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Terms & Conditions & FAQ>
- Hotels used during multiple - day shared bus tours
- Pick up hotel list in Athens for shared bus tours
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. In case of limited participation, your tour will be diverted to one of our partners and vise versa.
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Daily Service from April to October 2022
From April 1st to October 31st: Dep. 15.00 – Ret. 19.00
From November 1st to March 31st: Dep. — – Ret. —
April to October: 50,00 € per adult, child 38,00€
November to March: –,00 € per person, child –,00€