Immerse yourself in the city that bridges Europe and Asia. Explore the rich history and vibrant culture of the Turkish people. Venture to the globally-renowned landmarks and monuments that dot the city’s landscape.
Itinerary: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Roman Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar
Highlights of the Astonishing Half-Day 6-hour private tour in Istanbul
- Experience the wonders of Istanbul with a personalized, 6-hour private tour.
- Marvel at the magnificent architecture of Hagia Sophia, one of the most impressive structures in the world.
- Explore the vibrant and bustling Grand Bazaar, the largest and most alluring shopping center on the planet.
- This tour has been specially crafted for those arriving at Istanbul Port via cruise ship, ensuring seamless transfers to and from the port.
- With an experienced and English-speaking driver at your side, you are sure to have a memorable and informative tour.
Description of the Astonishing Half-Day 6-hour private tour in Istanbul
Embark on your journey at the port and meet your knowledgeable guide. Immediately, your guide will lead you to one of the most incredible sights of Constantinople, the grand Hagia Sophia. Skip the busy streets and let your guide navigate you directly to this magnificent architectural masterpiece. Built by the Byzantine emperor Justinian in the 6th century, this stunning basilica will surely leave you in awe.
Hagia Sophia, known for many centuries as the largest church in the world, remains a towering symbol of history. As we embark on our private tour, our next stop will be the Blue Mosque, poised directly opposite Hagia Sophia. This awe-inspiring mosque was commissioned by Sultan Ahmet and is renowned for its captivating blue Iznik Tiles and tall minarets, standing at an impressive 6 in total.
Get ready to experience the heart of the ancient city’s sports and political scene at the Hippodrome, where thrilling chariot races and athletic competitions took place. Admire the iconic Serpentine Column, Obelisk of Theodosius, and German Fountain of Wilhelm II during your visit. Our expert guide will then lead you to our final destination, the spectacular Grand Bazaar. This bustling marketplace has been a popular shopping hub since 1461 AD, with over 4000 shops selling everything from antiques and jewelry to gold, ceramics, carpets, and souvenirs.
Let’s head back to the port using the same route.
- Shore Excursion
- Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional English speaking guide licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Non-Smoking, air conditioned vehicle and professional driver
- Pick-up from and return to the hotel
- Pick-up from/to the Port
- Road tolls and local taxes
Excluded from the tour
- Any Drinks
- Tip to Guide and Driver
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions & F.A.Q
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- If your group consists of less than five people, we will opt to use the tram for our trip to the main Square in the Sultanahmet district. This ensures both your safety in avoiding heavy traffic and a comfortable ride. This Square is home to many of the famous monuments that we will be visiting.
- For an additional $20 per person, we can also include a visit to the Underground Cistern in our program. Please let us know if you would like to add this to your itinerary.
- Please note that the Grand Bazaar is closed to the public on Sundays and the Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays.