Enjoy the Jewel of the island and admire the graphical little villages of the island, together with the magnificent city of Rhodes.
Highlights of the Half Day Tour in Lindos of Rhodes
- 08:00-14:00 or 14:30-19:30 HRS morning or afternoon, tour of Rhodes city
- Visit to Lindos and Rhodes city’ modern and classical sites
- Licensed by the state English-speaking tour driver and guides
- Pickup and drop off from your cruise terminal
Description of the Lindos half-day tour
Our guide will pick you up from your cruise ship pier and with our luxurious motor coaches or private air-conditioned sedans and vans and commences with a one-hour scenic drive along the East Coast of the Island, which passes through different landscapes and many villages.
At the village of Archangelos, enjoy a visit to a pottery factory, for a demonstration of handmade pottery being crafted at a Potter’s wheel.
Visit Lindos the ‘Jewel of the Island’ with the most attractive village on Rhodes, you will enjoy a guided visit of the Acropolis, which includes the Great Stoa, the Temple of Athena Lindia of the 4th century BC, the ancient theatre and the few remains of the temple of Dionysus. The view from the rock of the Acropolis, which rises shear 115m above the sea, is unique.
We will continue through the picturesque medieval village, built amphitheatrically around the foot of the steep rock leading to the acropolis. See the traditionally built white stone houses with their decorated pebble stone floors, many dating back to the 15th and 16th centuries, taking you back to another era.
Our final visit is to the 15th century medieval church dedicated to the Virgin Mary, with its octagonal dome, unusual belfry, carved iconostasis and 17th century wall paintings (guiding inside the church is not allowed).
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed