It is well known around the world that the Greek diet is the perfect example of traditional Mediterranean eating. It’s based around a variety of colorful and flavorful foods that are high in nutrients and low in animal fats. From hearty stews, homemade pites (pies) to warming soups and simple side dishes, the traditional Greek cuisine combines the freshest of ingredients from land and sea to create the highest appetizing and healthy cuisine.
Highlights of A Taste Of Crete, 4 1⁄2 Healthy Cooking Lesson in Chania
- +/- 5 hrs food tour in Chania
- Taste the Cretan traditional cuisine from 4.000 years BC
- Use the famous Cretan olive oil
- Experienced local cook
Description of Samaria Gorge from Chania, Crete
Tastes of Crete is a hands-on journey through Crete’s culinary traditions for food lovers and cooking enthusiasts. Cretan Cuisine!
An insight into regional cuisine, a key element of the island’s culture, this creative market to table activity highlights the simple, seasonal foods of Crete.
Friendly and informal, it features a visit to the lively local market, with tastings, followed by hands-on instruction and lunch at a 17th-century farmhouse surrounded by organic gardens, just a short drive from Chania. The location has been selected for its character and ambiance, which makes for a perfect backdrop.
Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, guests discover how to prepare a number of Cretan dishes under the directions of a local cook.
Those who prefer to take a less active role may choose to just relax and appreciate the atmosphere. Our fun experience culminates at the table, where together, drinking Cretan wines, we will enjoy the food and the company.
- The tour is running from May 10th till September 30th on Tuesdays & Saturdays
Children under 15 yrs old can only join a private tour.
- Included: Transport with deluxe mini-coach, English speaking guide, market visit with tastings hands-on cooking class, full lunch with wine, souvenir booklet with recipes cooked Pick up from your hotel in/near Chania: 09.00 am – 09.30 am (depending on location)
- Duration : +/- 5 hrs
- Group size: min 4 – max 8 participants